Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

legendary crafting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 21, 2010
hello, i am all for making it a effort and a quest on it own to craft items and i know many people have written about this I'm not complaining as such, i had fun defeating the snow skills in WT for the legion shield running around the different worlds gathering kelp and aether even sand stone etc., its not regents that are the problem it is the amount you need to collect, i am almost at level 68 and apart from the quests in zafaria which i do both side quests etc. and gardening etc. i am running out of things to keep em interested as i have done ever other quest in ever other world. so please for the mercy of others that are going to complete this quest please lower the amount o items even just buy 5 will make it a much more enjoyable process cause its gets dreary i have 10 out of 16 fossils needed but that's only for one conga drum ill need to go in another 16 for the second and with such rare regents its becomes mundane and boring and more effort then you gain

Survivor
Jul 10, 2010
Hi, Fossils will routinely show up at the bazaar. Legion shields will show up on occasion as well. I'll do both farming and "bazaar camping" for reagents. Makes things move along a bit faster. Good luck on your crafting!

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Try gardening to supplement hard to find reagents, too.

Good luck if you go the bazaar route, the competition there is fierce, especially for stone blocks and fossils.

It's doable, with some patience and ingenuity.

Warmest regards.

Iridian Shadowweaver, Legendary Artisan

Survivor
Nov 21, 2010
its not that i can't find the items required it is the number of item s required even if they dropped it from two spirit drums to one spirit drum would be so much better, i love crafter and beating bosses and collecting regents but this is just insane the amount of time and effort that is required just to make one drum let alone two i'm all for it being a challenge but just making one is hard enough with out having to make two do them

Survivor
Feb 17, 2010
illanthra wrote:
hello, i am all for making it a effort and a quest on it own to craft items and i know many people have written about this I'm not complaining as such, i had fun defeating the snow skills in WT for the legion shield running around the different worlds gathering kelp and aether even sand stone etc., its not regents that are the problem it is the amount you need to collect, i am almost at level 68 and apart from the quests in zafaria which i do both side quests etc. and gardening etc. i am running out of things to keep em interested as i have done ever other quest in ever other world. so please for the mercy of others that are going to complete this quest please lower the amount o items even just buy 5 will make it a much more enjoyable process cause its gets dreary i have 10 out of 16 fossils needed but that's only for one conga drum ill need to go in another 16 for the second and with such rare regents its becomes mundane and boring and more effort then you gain
Take another look at your recipe. you need to make TWO spirit caller drums. That means you need to make FOUR conga drums. I just noticed it myself. If anyone tries to become legendary at crafting, they're gonna be at it for a year.

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
illanthra wrote:
its not that i can't find the items required it is the number of item s required even if they dropped it from two spirit drums to one spirit drum would be so much better, i love crafter and beating bosses and collecting regents but this is just insane the amount of time and effort that is required just to make one drum let alone two i'm all for it being a challenge but just making one is hard enough with out having to make two do them

yes it will be a pain since you have to make 4 conga drums for the total quest recipe. But fossils can be harvested from burning snap dragons and fickle pickles ( which drop lots of good reagents :-) )

Survivor
Jun 27, 2011
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
dozarian wrote:
What about the aether? Where can i harvest that?

I bought the transmute for that since they seemed very hard to come by. I believe I was able to get it from the Recipe vendor right in Celestia Base Camp. I had to collect a ton of kelp but went better then I thought it would.