Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

forced crafting quest for training point

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 09, 2009
one of the quests you get to get a training point in CL requires you to be an adept crafter.

now i dont know about everyone but a lot of people i know dont like the crafting thing including me. i dont mind the game having it i just dont like running around buying recipies for a quest when i could be leveling up.

now the quest i was talking about requires you to be an adapt crafter which means you have to finish the crafting quest in mooshu. with my storm guy i never did those quests in fact i only did most of the quests with my balance guy. at first i was like cool! but after crafting my first non quest item and seeing it wasnt what i was expecting i lost intrest in it pretty quickly.

anyways i crafted the tea set on my balance guy and gave it to my storm guy hoping that the quest would accept it. well you can guess from this message that it didnt so i was annoyed.

now i know for a fact that their are a lot of people that dont do the crafting quests simply because they take to long and are very anoying to do.

KI could you please change the crafting level required for the item or creat a place where if you arnt the right level for crafting you could get someone else to do it for you? kinda like how at the bazzar you can buy things that other people have already gotten.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
That's one training point I'll never earn. I don't like Crafting. None of my wizards after the first one have even started it.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
I openly admit that I haven't gotten to / found that quest yet (or at least I don't remember it). However, the quest will only determine if you have made an item at the proper station - not if you have actually made the proper item. Meaning that if you are asked to make something at the basic crafting station, you can make anything at the basic crafting station, and it will change your quest as if you had actually made the item in question.

Which basically means that you just need to find something ridiculously simple to make at the station required to flag the quest as done, and then locate the item you need for the quest in the bazaar (or send it from your account's crafter character) - voilá, quest completed.

Defender
May 09, 2009
Bookshelvings wrote:
I openly admit that I haven't gotten to / found that quest yet (or at least I don't remember it). However, the quest will only determine if you have made an item at the proper station - not if you have actually made the proper item. Meaning that if you are asked to make something at the basic crafting station, you can make anything at the basic crafting station, and it will change your quest as if you had actually made the item in question.

Which basically means that you just need to find something ridiculously simple to make at the station required to flag the quest as done, and then locate the item you need for the quest in the bazaar (or send it from your account's crafter character) - voilá, quest completed.

just tried that it doesnt work even though i wish it did lol.

but srysly KI should make it so that anyone can craft the tea set like put the required crafting rank to novice (pls excuse my spelling errors) or make it so you dont have to craft it at all.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
conorjak7 wrote:
now i know for a fact that their are a lot of people that dont do the crafting quests simply because they take to long and are very anoying to do.

That's a big fat lie, tons of people love to do crafting quests for a few reasons.

1. Most people don't burn their money on hatching, or anything else any buy the recipes.
2. Selling the items made make you a LOT of money.
3. Cool badges that your friends will envy you of.
4. MOST of them are patient and in the end, it's worth it.
For example, Watchtower Hall in Grizzleheim. That house is AMAZING (in my opinion) Imagine the happiness you'd have when you finish it.

Just sayin'.

Sean Stormshard, Legendary Astral Sorcerer

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I know the quest you're talking about: where you need to make a Tea Set. I did crafting with my Sorcerer, so it was just a matter of finding the Tea Set. Now I'm stuck because I need 35 Red Mandrakes; before they were sold at the Bazaar and you could easily purchase them. Now that this horrific quest has been created I'm lucky if I get one Red Mandrake if I wait at the Bazaar all day. I'm still stuck on the Dragonspyre Crafting quest (I need 10 Black Pearls) and it annoys me so much because I'm OCD about my quests. It kills me every time I see I still have that one quest left (well now, these two quests left).

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
I like crafting, I built the Watchtower Hall. (Anybody want some left over Blizzards, or need a few Life Treasure cards made?).

But I agree, get rid of it. That would free up the Black Lotus for the people who do want to craft.

It always was a sideshow thing, like Grizzleheim, PvP, or even training and hatching pets. You don't have to do it to advance.

Actually, I would REALLY HATE IT if I was forced to do PvP to get a training point, with all those polymorph treasure cards, name calling, people buying Crown gear and pets and having an advantage that can only be matched with me buying Crown items. Since I would not like this, it only stands to reason I should be able to see some one else's point of view, which is, they don't like crafting.

But, please keep that some nice items can only be obtained from crafting.

Defender
May 09, 2009
Moser wrote:
conorjak7 wrote:

That's a big fat lie, tons of people love to do crafting quests for a few reasons.

1. Most people don't burn their money on hatching, or anything else any buy the recipes.
For example, Watchtower Hall in Grizzleheim. That house is AMAZING (in my opinion) Imagine the happiness you'd have when you finish it.

Just sayin'.

ok um thanks for saying i'm a liar really

for the most part look at how large the audiance of wizard101 is hmm. pretty dang huge. so i have no doubt that there is also a large number of people that like crafting but their is probably an equal number of people that hate it.

now for the most part you brought up some things that you jumped to conclusion about.

i do not burn mony hatching. i think hatching is cool in all but i'd rather just stick with my normal pet thats free. after i went through the largest and coolest house phase that i had with my first wizard all previouse wizards still have a dorm even the grand masters (one is almost legendary, i just dont play 12 hours a day or even if i play at all.) any housing items i get that look cool i simply put in the shared bank.

as for selling items at the bazzar i do. in fact i have over 100,000 gold because i sell so much stuff. and the only stuff i will ever buy is amulets. and very rarly rings or athames.

as for the cool badges stuff personolly i dont really care about badges i used to but their kind of boring because the only interesting badge is the one that changes with your level. (which is the one that shows when you click no badge)

as for being patient lol i think ill leave that to the people that are willing to put in 12 hours going back and forth along a street switching realms to find enough of 1 reagent.

the watchtower hall thats not really a point its more of an opinion because well not everyone is going to say "o my gosh i love that one item you can craft in grizzlehiem. yea its called the watch tower hall"

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
conorjak7 wrote:
Moser wrote:
conorjak7 wrote:

Just sayin'.

ok um thanks for saying i'm a liar really

the watchtower hall thats not really a point its more of an opinion because well not everyone is going to say "o my gosh i love that one item you can craft in grizzlehiem. yea its called the watch tower hall"

Ok, here's the deal. I didn't say you were a liar, I stated that it was a lie, for MOST of the other forums talk about how crafting can be a solution to economical problems in Wizard 101. And as for Watchtower Hall, it's an example, and if you read it, I said it was MY opinion. I'm just trying to help. ;)

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Bookshelvings wrote:

Bookshelvings! That bug was fixed with the Celestia update! Get your information straight, you goon, and stop sprouting information that isn't true any more!

That said, a lot of people hate the crafting quests due to how many reagents you have to gather, and the time you need to invest. And probably just as many people like doing the crafting quests, and find the collection of reagents to be a nice change of pace from duels. And even more people don't really care much about crafting.

I, personally, like crafting. But I do dislike the game's tendency to ask for large amounts of rare items - I spent two weeks just gathering black pearls and blood moss for my Master Artisan badge - and since Celestia came out to collect stone blocks for the Grandmaster badge! (haven't gotten it yet). The amount of time you have to invest compared to the benefits - and especially what gear you can get as normal drops instead...

It's just not worth the time, unless you have a very specific goal like the Watchtower Hall. Most of the craftable gear is beaten by normal, dropped gear that is far easier and faster to get hold of.

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
I like that they did this. It's just another advantage that us crafters can add to our very short list. Honestly though, it's just one training point. If you want it that badly, you'll do the quests to get adept crafter.

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
While I like crafting myself, I can agree that since crafting was supposed to be a sideline, it does seem unfair to require it in order to get the training point.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
The trick to Crafting is to pick up every reagent you come across. I've done this from the start and when my craft assignments have come up, I've already had more than enough this and that to complete them.

Btw, Mandrake at the boss towers on Cyclops Lane and Black Lotus at The Tree of Life. You'll find plenty growing at those spots, and Tree of Life is an instance you have all to yourself.
You can also find both on the Floating Land.

I agree that a crafting shouldn't be a requirement, as some players find it tedious at best. Maybe a better choice for the training point would have been to work through a dungeon for something in a chest?

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
i agree it is very unfair for you to force us people who HATE crafting (and i doo i mean i really do ) to have to get this training point plzzzz plzzzz plzzzz plzzzz plzzz plzzz change it to like a dungeon or a tower quest i do not wanna be a crafter at all

Explorer
Jun 26, 2009
If you want the TP then just work on your crafting. It isnt that hard to do.
P.S. This is crafting related so you should have posted it on crafting message boards.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I don't think it matters as none of my characters have tight training points. This is to say that at legendary all my characters have at least two non-placed and non-used training points upon them.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
hey all it either you like crafting or you dont..

and the answer is plain either you craft or you dont...

the hardest part is finding some reagents but other you just seems to pull up right out of the grass.

so if anyone has nay black pearls and you are not crafting....

you can give them to the pirates to hold for me ok?

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Zeke gives out training points after completing his quests (one per world). How is having to craft a tea set any different? The quest is not required. If you want that training point so much, then work at completing the crafting quests needed to complete it. They are not that difficult. If you don't like the crafting, then either accept the fact you will miss out on that training point, or grit your teeth and start on what you consider an unpleasant task. I and many other people hated Marleybone, but we continued on our way through there to continue or game. To me, that quest is no different.

KI, has lessened the difficulty of many of the quests due to people not wanting to WORK for their rewards. On my first wizard (Life), i gained master artisan BEFORE they lessened the number of items crafted and BEFORE transmutations. Also as a Life wizard, I gained access to Oakheart in the Jade Palace for my level 48 spell by doing ALL the side quests that led to opening that area. Now, from my understanding, they changed it to where you don't need those quests to gain access. If they keep making things easier just because people don't want to take the extra time to WORK for a certain reward, we will be able to start a wizard and go straight to Malistaire without working our way through the spiral.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life (Grandmaster Artisan)

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
Ok, so I dont' get crafting. I have not done any, but now I have a quest that tells me that I have to craft a tea set. So I have my crafting table and I have the quest,now what do I do? How do I know what reagents are needed to craft the tea set? And I saw a note from somebody earlier that if you dont' have experience in crafting it won't let you do this quest at all? What is that all about? Any information is appreciated.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
dragoon237 wrote:
Ok, so I dont' get crafting. I have not done any, but now I have a quest that tells me that I have to craft a tea set. So I have my crafting table and I have the quest,now what do I do? How do I know what reagents are needed to craft the tea set? And I saw a note from somebody earlier that if you dont' have experience in crafting it won't let you do this quest at all? What is that all about? Any information is appreciated.

You have to go to the GH Recipe Vendor and purchase the Tea Set recipe... You also have to be at least an Adept Crafter (MS) I believe in order to purchase the recipe to craft it.

I would highly recommend anyone looking for Blood Moss and Black Pearls to plant some Pink Dandelions, as these are among its normal Mature Harvest rewards. You can get Blood Moss, Black pearls, Ancient Scrolls and Springs as well as gold and seeds from Pink Dandelions.

Note, this is a SIDE QUEST, as any Crafting Quest or Zeke Quest. You do not need to complete it for the main story line. Those who haven't done their crafting quests only have themselves to blame for their being so far behind on this. Who knows, in the next world, you may need an Epic pet in order to get a Training Point, which I think would be a cool requirement.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
Yes, I completely understand what you're saying. However, the only part I don't agree with is the part where you said, "now i know for a fact that their are a lot of people that dont do the crafting quests simply because they take to long and are very anoying to do". A lot of people love crafting.
I even admit that I wasn't such a big fan of it at first. I completed the novice crafting quest, and, like you, I noticed that the rewards weren't so great. However, what I liked about it was the badge. So, I continued doing it until I completed the apprentice one. Then, I figured that it would take to much time away from questing, also like you, and I stopped. At that time I was about level 15. I then continued my regular questing, up until I was level 50, because that was the max before celestia came out. Now, there wasn't much else to do on Wizard101, considering doing other quests would be a waste of experience points. There were only a few things to do at that time:
1) Get some money to decorate a styling house
2) Hatch for additional pet training
3) CRAFT!!!!!!!

So, I did option #3. I continued my crafting quest. I practically stole every single piece of scrap iron at the bazaar until I finished the marleybone crafting quest. Then, I did mooshu, and finally, dragonspyre. By the time celestia came out, i was a master artisan. So, I had no trouble with the tea pot quest when I reached level 56.
So, what I would reccommend for you would be to wait until you are level 60 if you aren't already, and by then there won't be much for you to do except one of the three above options. Just continue crafting, and you'll see it can get pretty fun. And there are serious awards for good crafters, too. Just about a week ago I was able to finally gather all of the regeants for watchtower hall!
Yes, crafting can indeed be hard and annoying. But, you'll see that after it's done, it'll be worth it. If you still don't want to craft after reading this, then I would just have to say that it's just one training point, so just forget about it. Zeke has many other quests for you that have the same reward, so just do a few of those if you haven't already.
I hope this helps you out and inspires you to continue on your crafting journey!

From,
Kevin Battlesword, Master Artisan

P.S. Did you see how hard the grandmaster artisan quest is?!? I didn't even do it yet!