Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Easier Amber?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Jasmine3429 on Aug 6, 2017 wrote:
I have 999 amber in my backpack, so yes I garden, but if you plant a 67 plot, you will get maybe 3-4 in a week and a half, if you want the spell now, I would highly recommend just farming the amber, most people do not want to wait to accumulate it over time!

Wondering how many KP gardens you had to do this in a month honestly :)
I didn't just plant KP but also Queen Crepe Myrtle & if I got a lucky drop; also Ultra Snow Apples. I got most of my amber from QCM.
Bosses in Khrysalis & Polaris gave me tons of QCM. I've found variety is more likely to give you what you need quicker.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Freshta on Aug 7, 2017 wrote:
There's too much info to condense into one post with a limit of 2000 characters.

Here's a link to the reagent amber. You can look up the sources that drop it individually and decide where to go hunting for those plants or locations.

Considering how hard it is to get amber dust & Merle's whiskers, the "transmute amber" recipe is a cruel joke....

Alia Misthaven
That pretty was my exact thought when I saw the "transmute amber" wiki entry.

Steven Ghoststalker

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
DragonLady1818 on Aug 5, 2017 wrote:
I have had no problems gaining what I needed from gardening. But I also garden on 12 wizards and have managed to accumulate more than enough to craft all of the spells. The Amber drops have ranged from 2 to 4 per harvest from 50 plants on each wizard.
I have difficulty managing my current garden with the daily allotment of energy.

I've currently got 101 points at full. The circle for the 15 point spells about are all I can do.

Steven Ghoststalker

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Jasmine3429 on Aug 6, 2017 wrote:
I have 999 amber in my backpack, so yes I garden, but if you plant a 67 plot, you will get maybe 3-4 in a week and a half, if you want the spell now, I would highly recommend just farming the amber, most people do not want to wait to accumulate it over time!

Wondering how many KP gardens you had to do this in a month honestly :)
999 Amber? accumulated over what period of time?

Patience is something I'm good at.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Aug 31, 2012
I've recently been attempting to craft Deer Knight, and you can use farming, but that process takes a VERY long time, no matter what plant you pick, even if you use the plant with the highest amber drop rate (I think that would be White Tiger Lily if you want to try) it is still very hard to get. So I recommend farming Cronus and/or Gladiator Dimachaerus. The secret boss in Tartarus, Cronus, and the secret boss in Mt. Olympus, Gladiator Dimachaerus. Not only do they drop amber at a pretty good rate, (I did around 7 runs and I got 2 amber!) but they also drop items to transmute into amber (Merle's Whiskers and Amber Dust) which are the hardest parts of transmuting amber.

Good luck!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Lem27 on Aug 9, 2017 wrote:
I've recently been attempting to craft Deer Knight, and you can use farming, but that process takes a VERY long time, no matter what plant you pick, even if you use the plant with the highest amber drop rate (I think that would be White Tiger Lily if you want to try) it is still very hard to get. So I recommend farming Cronus and/or Gladiator Dimachaerus. The secret boss in Tartarus, Cronus, and the secret boss in Mt. Olympus, Gladiator Dimachaerus. Not only do they drop amber at a pretty good rate, (I did around 7 runs and I got 2 amber!) but they also drop items to transmute into amber (Merle's Whiskers and Amber Dust) which are the hardest parts of transmuting amber.

Good luck!
I will definitely give that a shot.

And thank you to the others who recommended these bosses.

Steven Ghoststalker

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Area51Alien on Aug 8, 2017 wrote:
I have difficulty managing my current garden with the daily allotment of energy.

I've currently got 101 points at full. The circle for the 15 point spells about are all I can do.

Steven Ghoststalker
All of my wizards have at least 3 houses. They plant in all of them. The trick is to tend the plants at a different one each day.

For instance, my RBF has Couch Potatoes. I tend it let's say on Monday (90 CP) in plots of 30. 35 energy per plot (105 energy) unless you use the spells that cover ALL indoor/outdoor plants.

Then I have planted inside the Myth house, EMP's (100) in plots of 50 requiring 55 energy each plot. Those are tended on Tuesday.

With Deadly Helephant Ears (100) outside tended on Wednesday. These are set in plots of 50 requiring 55 energy per plot unless the indoor/outdoor spells are available.

Then at the Island Getaway, I have King Parsely (50) requires 40 energy, which are tended on Thursday. I also have 50 Sword Fern planted at this same house and it requires 45 energy.

Normally, I don't have any problem tending any of these plots on a given day as long as each of my wizards have at least 110+ energy. All of them have at least 120 up to 146. The problems come from the FREEZE up when trying to tend them. It doesn't matter whether I am using the normal large area spells or the Indoor/Outdoor spells.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Lem27 on Aug 9, 2017 wrote:

Good luck!
7 runs and only 2 amber! And how long were those runs?

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
DragonLady1818 on Aug 10, 2017 wrote:
All of my wizards have at least 3 houses. They plant in all of them. The trick is to tend the plants at a different one each day.

For instance, my RBF has Couch Potatoes. I tend it let's say on Monday (90 CP) in plots of 30. 35 energy per plot (105 energy) unless you use the spells that cover ALL indoor/outdoor plants.

Then I have planted inside the Myth house, EMP's (100) in plots of 50 requiring 55 energy each plot. Those are tended on Tuesday.

With Deadly Helephant Ears (100) outside tended on Wednesday. These are set in plots of 50 requiring 55 energy per plot unless the indoor/outdoor spells are available.

Then at the Island Getaway, I have King Parsely (50) requires 40 energy, which are tended on Thursday. I also have 50 Sword Fern planted at this same house and it requires 45 energy.

Normally, I don't have any problem tending any of these plots on a given day as long as each of my wizards have at least 110+ energy. All of them have at least 120 up to 146. The problems come from the FREEZE up when trying to tend them. It doesn't matter whether I am using the normal large area spells or the Indoor/Outdoor spells.
So you keep the homes in your backpack and equip a new different one each day?

Steven Ghoststalker

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Area51Alien on Aug 8, 2017 wrote:
999 Amber? accumulated over what period of time?

Patience is something I'm good at.

Steven Ghoststalker
I really have no idea, I have a full plot of KPs for no reason, but to get an extra few UKP. Ultra King parsley I have been gardening for awhile now and the majority of the amber comes from those. I have crafted all of the lore spells at least twice, so I really have no use for it, so at this point it just accumulates!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Area51Alien on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:
So you keep the homes in your backpack and equip a new different one each day?

Steven Ghoststalker
LOL, I guess you could say that since all houses are listed in your backpack.

I don't keep any houses "equipped" since I have all my portals located in my Dorm room. But yes, I go to a different house each day until I have tended all of them and gotten them to Mature. After that, I will usually skip about 3 days before I return to any of them. By that time most plants are entering the Elder stage and I will tend them again by visiting each house as I stated above. As soon as I tend them at beginning of the Elder stage, I leave them alone to finish out the growth to Elder.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
DragonLady1818 on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:
LOL, I guess you could say that since all houses are listed in your backpack.

I don't keep any houses "equipped" since I have all my portals located in my Dorm room. But yes, I go to a different house each day until I have tended all of them and gotten them to Mature. After that, I will usually skip about 3 days before I return to any of them. By that time most plants are entering the Elder stage and I will tend them again by visiting each house as I stated above. As soon as I tend them at beginning of the Elder stage, I leave them alone to finish out the growth to Elder.
Thank you for the tip. This sounds like fun.

Steven Ghoststalker

Defender
Sep 29, 2010
I grow a ton of White Tiger-lily and they drop amber quite regularly. They take awhile and need constant care but it's worth it.