Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting Dragoon Gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 15, 2011
Is it just me, or does it take way too long to get alchemical extract? It takes like, 2400 extract to craft an entire set of gear and the only way to get it is by killing enemies. What do you guys think about it?

Explorer
Aug 04, 2019
chase94509 on May 17, 2020 wrote:
Is it just me, or does it take way too long to get alchemical extract? It takes like, 2400 extract to craft an entire set of gear and the only way to get it is by killing enemies. What do you guys think about it?
Yes absolutely ridiculous. Who wants to spend 10 hours a day fighting the same thing over and over. And then you have to craft all that gear for your other characters? Yeah right.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
chase94509 on May 17, 2020 wrote:
Yes, it takes a long time!

I was lucky to be farming during double reagents.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Yeah, its expensive, and if you want to craft it ALL, you will be there for a really long time.

Personally, I plan to go for the ring, hat and boots (Boots took about 40 hours of farming). Dertius is relatively fast, and if you have a group of friends that includes a storm, then you can reliably pull off the 2 turn kill strategy. At this pace you can get about 40 extract per hour (if your load time is fast like my group's), maybe more. Keep in mind you have a decent chance of getting Salts (Personal data suggests ~75%*) and an OK chance to get Crystal (my data says ~ 25%*).

And remember that once you have all the essense you need, Prince Viggor's tomb drops 3-5 Alchemical Salts per run.

*Data is from a sample of only 51 runs, and thus may be inaccurate. I'd love for someone else who has more data to chime in here.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
As Rest said King Dertius is the best place to farm as its fast and you usually can team up pretty quick for it.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2019
It makes maxing out a character not worth it. Literally farmed the druid 50 times and spent about 2000 crowns worth on the chests and still cannot get the athame.