Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting becomes too hard?!

AuthorMessage
Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Ok I am level 80 and I keep on seeing friends with cool resist gear and I ask ''Where'd get it?'' and they say the got it crafted. I see people with beautiful housing items and all that I wanted to start crafting. So I started questing and the more and more I earned badges I said '' Wow, you really need to be patient and you really need to WANT this, to be determined for it.''

Now I am working on the legendary crafter badge and I need to collect 9 sunstones. I look in the bazaar; none. I decide to go look at the transmute and get the recipe. it says I need 15 sandstone for 1 sunstone. i look again in the bazaar; no sandstone. So I come back to CL for the sandstone transmute and it says: 10 stone blocks for 1 sandstone. And i know that stone block is really rare in the bazaar so I say how am I going to do this!

Everytime I go to the Bazaar there is none of these three items. I calculated this: for my recipe, ill need 1350 stone blocks to get the 9 sunstones. WOW! Thats too much to farm! Also, I learned that if I wake up early and I go to Dragonspyre's Athenum I can find Stone Blocks there. I got 15 minutes to get 30 blocks. So if I multiply 1350 by 15, I get a product of 20 250. This is 337 hours! Thats a lot of time!

Can you give me another option then farming for 337 hours?! And do you think I ave enough determination to be a crafter? I am opened to all your comments so feel free to post!

Alejandro Watercloud,
Grandmaster Artisan

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I know i dont have the patience. I made it up to past dragonspyre furninture craft quest and i was done. It takes to long and its not fun at all. And in my honest opinion the crafted stuff is no where near worth the time. I do just great with my crowns/bundle/bazaar gear and funiture shop items.

Although i do wish i could craft the special cards.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2012
It is extremely rare to find stone, sandstone and especially sunstone in the bazaar. If you do find it there, it's unlikely that there will be enough for sale to cover your needs. Your best bet to get the sunstone as quickly as possible is to continue what you are doing; check the bazaar, collect stone as you have time, and add gardening to your list. Gardening is a crafter's best friend. Several plant types can yield sunstone at harvest. If you grow 20 plants and get sunstones from only 5 of them, it may not seem like much of a return, but it will have saved you from collecting 750 stone blocks. As a bonus, you can also get amber that way, which is needed if you have in mind to craft any of the spells or housing games later on. My suggestion is King Parsley, which always seemed to drop sunstone more often for me than Maelstrom Snapdragons did. Crafting isn't everyone's cup of tea, but if you have the mindset that the journey can be as enjoyable as the destination, then perseverance will get you there. It just takes time, and there's not much else I can think of that would speed you along the way. Good luck.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Do you garden? There are several plants that drop sunstone and sandstone.

King Parsleys are good at dropping sunstone. They also have a chance of dropping amber at elder. They also multiply very well, so it only need a few at the beginning before you have enough to fill several gardens.

Deadly Helephant Ears are another plant that drops both sunstone and sandstone. Although a crown item, you can also get them as drops throughout Avalon.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 80 Life

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
I wish i'd knew that gardening could help before!

Thank you for your suggestions!

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
I get a lot of sunstones from going to mirror lake and feeding all the drops to my pet. In fact, I only ever sell TC at the bazaar, everything else gets fed to my pets. If you have a bunch of gardening seeds you don't want or don't plan on using, feed them to your pets. Gear you just looted, feed it to your pet. Old housing items, feed it to your pet. Eventually you'll get a lot of gold and TC and regents for crafting.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
Hello!
I too think that crafting is very hard especially the craft quest in Zafaria the jungle drums and all that collecting of stone blocks to make Sandstone to make Sunstone . Why does it have to be so many?
Can you change this? I think it should it should be less. It has taken all the fun out of crafting. I have given up on collecting, as someone else mentioned too many hours spent collecting the reagents and too many reagents.
I was farming at first but it takes crowns to keep your garden up and running well. So anyway you see it its hard to do and no fun. Its sad because I really like the gear you can craft is much better than anything you can buy at the bazaar or the Crown shop.

However i have a suggestion. Why not make this gear available in the crown shop? For those that don't want to bother running around trying to get all the reagents for the craft quest? or at least have more available in the Bazaar shop. Can never ever buy more than one sandstone. At least i have been able to.

Sorry for the ratting!

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I am a first time wizard in Zafaria. I didn't ever do any crafting quests, but decided I wanted the crafted gear available. I began the Wizard City crafting quests Friday afternoon and completed Celestia crafting quest today (Monday). Just starting Zafaria quest. I alreeady got most ingrediants including stuff for Conga Drums. I also used the internet to help me when I got stuck.

Keep in mind I had tons of reagents stockpiled already and access to reasonable wealth (gold), so most of the questing time (WC, Krokotopia, Mooshu) was waiting for craft table slots to cool down.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Okay, the Zafaria crafting quest is obviously quite a leap from the other worlds. Yes I am a grand hoop-ha gardener, I 'farm' the bazaar regularly and I check internet to learn other good farming locations, and I have the various transmute spells too. And I understand patience too.

Casual aquisition of reagents is not enough, and active farming for hours and hours is tedious and boring. It is not hard, difficult, challenging, or exciting... just tedious. Not fun at all. I rather play pac-man. For those of you who completed the quest and then made the desired gear: congratulations on your hours of tedium.

This defintely seems out of proportion to the benifts of the gear I wanted to craft. The bonuses aren't good enough, and I assume the gear does not "appear" special (I can get similar looking stuff from the bazaar). If the gear glowed rainbows and produced a halo around my head then it would be worth it.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Well I did it. I got all the ingrediants for the Zafaria crafting quest, just waiting for crafting slots to cool down so I can finish it up. As a hint to others, you can try farming fossils, stone blocks, and aether by running around Dragonspyre and Celestia for a couple months. Or you can go get them in about 4 hours of mind numbing persistance.

So I should be done by noon tomorrow. I completed crafting quests up to and including Zafaria in 8 days. But it took me 4 days to figure out how to do the Zafaria quest (ie: how to get the ingredients).

Good luck to all you crafty artisans. May the wisdom of Moodha be with you.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Yep thant how i did it 2 1/2 hours of refreshing the bazaar pages lol.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
some one now have to get diamond i got the transmuted card to diamonds i got zero gold for this quest no crowns and i already sold out most of the thinks in my house i only have the craft tables any one got any ideas

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
SHADOW KAYRA on Dec 18, 2012 wrote:
some one now have to get diamond i got the transmuted card to diamonds i got zero gold for this quest no crowns and i already sold out most of the thinks in my house i only have the craft tables any one got any ideas
Fight a boss that drops stuff about 20 times. Not joking.