Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sparse Frond Drop Rate

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 01, 2012
Please increase the drop rate for sparse frond. I have been farming a lot to try and pick up sparse frond (sites given in Wiki) so I can complete the crafted Azteca house. I have never seen sparse frond in the bazaar and I have five wizards looking daily. I know others are trying to finish the same project and cannot for the same reason. I've asked other wizards for sparse frond and posted on forum and no one has it. If you cannot change the rate, at least offer it in a pack or as crown item. Thank you.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
I second Kayla's request. I agree that there should be a challenge to crafting the house, but I have been farming for nearly 2 weeks now, hundreds of times, and not a single Frond drop. The game is supposed to be fun, not ridiculous.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2012
I have to agree I have everything for the new house and have been fighting the two bosses that supposedly drop the sparse frond and I have been doing it for what seems to be non stop for weeks I have stood in bazaar refreshing for hours at a time and there is nothing its way to frustrating please fix this hard is one thing but this is way too much

also in the hello spirit I have received two of the other frond plants and wonder if they accidentally put them in instead of sparse frond I need sparse fronds and then I can craft my house.

please its just too much they are not dropping at all

We plan to increase the drop rate for Sparse Fronds in the next major update this summer.

Arthur

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Arthur Wethersfiel... on May 16, 2014 wrote:
We plan to increase the drop rate for Sparse Fronds in the next major update this summer.

Arthur
Thank you! That is great news.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2011
Oh, thank you! I've been going crazy trying to find some. Will you also increase the places it can be found? Please?

Sierra Goldensword, Exalted Pyromancer

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Arthur Wethersfiel... on May 16, 2014 wrote:

Arthur
Um, okay. I'm sorry if it sounds rude, but I would think KI would jump on this a bit faster to make the players happy. Having to wait until the next major update in the summer (and, how soon is that?) seems a bit far away to me. So, what do people do in the meantime if they can not get the sparse fronds? Wait? That's not very good customer service. People have worked hard to try and craft the house they would like to have now. I don't think it's fair that anyone should have to wait a month? Two months? More?

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on May 16, 2014 wrote:
Um, okay. I'm sorry if it sounds rude, but I would think KI would jump on this a bit faster to make the players happy. Having to wait until the next major update in the summer (and, how soon is that?) seems a bit far away to me. So, what do people do in the meantime if they can not get the sparse fronds? Wait? That's not very good customer service. People have worked hard to try and craft the house they would like to have now. I don't think it's fair that anyone should have to wait a month? Two months? More?
I agree, one would think that this ingredient would be made available more readily. I would even craft them. Waiting until the summer is not fair *sighs*

Survivor
Feb 07, 2012
does anyone know when this major update will be , I have have not been able to get this sparse frond at all after about 100 attempts at farming them, thanks

Survivor
Feb 07, 2012
can someone at least tell me if they have got sparse frond from helios ? thanks

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
I have to agree about the availability of the Sparse Frond.
Too bad there is not immediate fix for those brave wizards
that want to craft the Azteca house. My wizard has made
all the items to craft that house but sadly can't get those
extremely sparse fronds. It would be welcome if we could
craft those or have other options for obtaining this item.
I have farmed and farmed for this at the recommended places
and still nothing. Like other wizards, I have grown tired of
farming repeatedly to get nothing. I am a very sad wizard
indeed.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
of the hundred or so times that I have farmed for sparse frond,
I have not received any. Very sad indeed. We should have more
than 2 options for getting this item. I am just one of a very long list
of frustrated wizards wanting to "complete" this house. Is there a
point to offering this crafted item if one cannot get the ingredients?
I too would be willing to craft it or buy it. This farming for weeks on end
is just tiring and not all that much fun.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2012
Just wondering if anyone has had any luck farming for sparse frond. I think the major summer update has happened, but I haven't had a drop yet.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
MyDarbyWorld on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has had any luck farming for sparse frond. I think the major summer update has happened, but I haven't had a drop yet.
I'd say it hasn't happened yet, considering no new content has been added. The major update this summer that is referred to is most likely the one in Test Realm now with Fishing being added.

Historian
May 06, 2009
seethe42 on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
I'd say it hasn't happened yet, considering no new content has been added. The major update this summer that is referred to is most likely the one in Test Realm now with Fishing being added.
I can't tell if I'm agree with you or providing information, but I don't think the major summer content update has happened yet because this Sparse Frond fix hasn't happened. I think we'll see multiple instances of the Test Realm open this summer. I have my finger's crossed for this major update to occur a short while after Fishing goes live.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
FINALLY crafted my Treetop Getaway! After weeks of farming and crafting, the hardest part was collecting the Sparse Fronds! Had one from a previous fight somewhere, lucky enough to buy one at the Bazaar and won one from Hielo Spirit after 10 or so tries. Now on to craft some furniture for it!

Alura Lifeweaver

Survivor
May 26, 2012
You think sparse is hard to find try the braided vine, I have found 1 and can't find any more

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Dog pile on Aug 29, 2014 wrote:
You think sparse is hard to find try the braided vine, I have found 1 and can't find any more
Oh, I have tons of those. Cronus seems to think that they are an acceptable substitute for the Blade of the Felled Titan.

Survivor
May 26, 2012
Robobot1747 on Aug 31, 2014 wrote:
Oh, I have tons of those. Cronus seems to think that they are an acceptable substitute for the Blade of the Felled Titan.
cool thank you

Survivor
Jun 17, 2010
Theres a house for that area?! I need it.

JessicaFrostGem