Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This is unfair

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
11
I don't get why these new 58 quests have to be so unfair. First of all, we all gotta face a boss stronger than malistare which with 4 people would take 15 min. to a half hour beating. This is what is really getting me mad though. All schools but the life school has to do it ALONE. i had a friend who was like level 50. I have been attempting to get efreet while she was leveling. So next time i saw her, she was a legendary with forest lord.
So I'm like how did you do that the bosses are so hard. She said i got help and it was a breeze. So why cant the REST of us get help? Or is everyone prefering life over the other just as awesome schools?

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
594
nick554 wrote:
I don't get why these new 58 quests have to be so unfair. First of all, we all gotta face a boss stronger than malistare which with 4 people would take 15 min. to a half hour beating. This is what is really getting me mad though. All schools but the life school has to do it ALONE. i had a friend who was like level 50. I have been attempting to get efreet while she was leveling. So next time i saw her, she was a legendary with forest lord.
So I'm like how did you do that the bosses are so hard. She said i got help and it was a breeze. So why cant the REST of us get help? Or is everyone prefering life over the other just as awesome schools?

1 - Life has spent the previous 58 levels HELPING others, it's only fair that they get the ability to be helped during their quest since they cannot Prism the boss without getting Hexed.

2 - Buy some Polymorph Treant treasures from the Archivist, these will allow you to heal.

3 - USE YOUR MINION! The minion is the most useful spell you can use in a 'Solo' battle.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
6
It took me a good 8 times to figure out what selection of cards would be of use. I'm balance and I stuck to balance and I used my random minion card. I ended up with the storm guy who kept healing himself and putting up traps, but he occasionally healed me or put an absorb on me. I also, since I was fighting fire guys, bought an incredible amount of dispells and used them when he had a ton of pips. And I put on shields every time one came up in my deck. It's frustrating, but not impossible. What I think though is that since it was a count down sigil for me, that others who have the same quest, might have been able to join me. I never found anybody with that quest so I never found out. I know nobody could port in with me.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
755

the game is not unfair

it is testing on how you think and solve situations.

do the battles a few times make notes.
see if he fights it a certain way.
put together a small deadly deck just for it.

read all you can find on the battles in the forums

in other word make preparations for this battle.
it will pay off in a rather quick battle and victory in the end

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
403
Delver
Feb 18, 2010
258
Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
26
Huh - am I missing something? I thought getting the efreet was pretty easy: the guy is just some normal ice boss - no cheats or anything.

I fill my side board with ice shields (cheap at the library) and simply keep casting them. Every round, if necessary. Every now and then I throw myself a pixie and on occasion I send some fiery love my opponent's way. While my minion slowly hacks away at the enemy with his unlimited supply of Fire Elf after Fire Elf.

I think you could conceivably get the Efreet spell without ever casting anything other than minion and then ice shield, ice shield, ice shield ...

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
173
Johnist wrote:
nick554 wrote:
I don't get why these new 58 quests have to be so unfair. First of all, we all gotta face a boss stronger than malistare which with 4 people would take 15 min. to a half hour beating. This is what is really getting me mad though. All schools but the life school has to do it ALONE. i had a friend who was like level 50. I have been attempting to get efreet while she was leveling. So next time i saw her, she was a legendary with forest lord.
So I'm like how did you do that the bosses are so hard. She said i got help and it was a breeze. So why cant the REST of us get help? Or is everyone prefering life over the other just as awesome schools?

1 - Life has spent the previous 58 levels HELPING others, it's only fair that they get the ability to be helped during their quest since they cannot Prism the boss without getting Hexed.

2 - Buy some Polymorph Treant treasures from the Archivist, these will allow you to heal.

3 - USE YOUR MINION! The minion is the most useful spell you can use in a 'Solo' battle.


wait hold on hold on.
it makes NO difference. other schools also can help, not just life.
-Justin Titanwraith, Legendary Fire Wizard.

Survivor
Jan 21, 2010
19
sgeier wrote:
Huh - am I missing something? I thought getting the efreet was pretty easy: the guy is just some normal ice boss - no cheats or anything.

I fill my side board with ice shields (cheap at the library) and simply keep casting them. Every round, if necessary. Every now and then I throw myself a pixie and on occasion I send some fiery love my opponent's way. While my minion slowly hacks away at the enemy with his unlimited supply of Fire Elf after Fire Elf.

I think you could conceivably get the Efreet spell without ever casting anything other than minion and then ice shield, ice shield, ice shield ...


The only thing I'm not getting is why fire has to fight an ICE boss while almost every other school has to fight a boss of the same element. cause thats kinda unfair dont ya think?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
Tintus wrote:
sgeier wrote:
Huh - am I missing something? I thought getting the efreet was pretty easy: the guy is just some normal ice boss - no cheats or anything.

I fill my side board with ice shields (cheap at the library) and simply keep casting them. Every round, if necessary. Every now and then I throw myself a pixie and on occasion I send some fiery love my opponent's way. While my minion slowly hacks away at the enemy with his unlimited supply of Fire Elf after Fire Elf.

I think you could conceivably get the Efreet spell without ever casting anything other than minion and then ice shield, ice shield, ice shield ...


The only thing I'm not getting is why fire has to fight an ICE boss while almost every other school has to fight a boss of the same element. cause thats kinda unfair dont ya think?


This goes to the originator of the post too!

Never Fear, I have called you a Whambulance! It should be here shortly!

How did you ever get to be level 58? This is not the first quest you have had to solo!, however, yes, the first solo that cheats!

As for Life, my suggestion to you, is if you don't know what you are talking about, don't say a word! Life has had a lot harder school quests all the way through this game than your and your petty little fire wizard has had! Life has not had any multi-attacks like your petty little fire wizard has had! Do you have any idea what Life has to do to get regeneration, Dryad, and Rebirth? No? I thought not!

As for getting Efreet, it is simple! I would explain to you how to get it, but obviously, if you get on here and whine and cry and say it's so not fair, you would not grasp the concept of how to win on your own! So, I will save my breath. Good luck, the Wambulance should be here any second now!

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
262
jennyajtim wrote:
wait hold on hold on.
it makes NO difference. other schools also can help, not just life.
-Justin Titanwraith, Legendary Fire Wizard.


I think the OP was talking about the number of times we Life wizards get the "HELP I AM DYING! PORT NOW" calls. I have one each of Life, Storm and Death wizards. My life gets called to help all the time. My others not so much. I just hit Legendary on my Life. I have not completed Celestia yet. I got there early by helping all friends and others. Yes all schools can and do help.

Megan


Survivor
Dec 09, 2010
11
I am not yet in Celestia but, what I do when I have a hard time defeating a boss, is I take notes on how it fights. Does he skip 3-4 turns for pips? Then that would be a good time to attack. Then see what school they are and hit them with spells that are the opposite school. Put together a deck of deadly spells, shields, prisms, really anything that would help. Perhaps you could spend some extra training points on minions. They help too. I like to make sure I'm prepared for him. Hope this helped you

Nicole Nightwhisper

The benefit is taking, the best is giving

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
678
The only thing I'm not getting is why fire has to fight an ICE boss while almost every other school has to fight a boss of the same element. cause thats kinda unfair dont ya think?

Ice is one of the schools that is part of balance, so they are fighting someone of the same element. Remember, balance is a combination of fire, ice and storm, with a little life mixed in.