Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Schools of Magic - Sun Magic

1
AuthorMessage
Moderator
Sun Magic (Enchantments)

The focus of the Sun School is primarily on enchantments. Enchantments from the Sun School operate in the same manner as all other enchantments in the game. At the basic level they just give boosts to accuracy and damage but at higher levels they will include mutates and larger bonuses. One of the differences between Sun School enchantments and other in-game enchantments is that cards enchanted with Sun School cards disappear after combat is resolved. Sun School cards cannot be used on Rank 0 spells or Rank X spells.

Mutate Spells
Mutation spells are a big part of Sun Magic, such as this Mutate Kraken into Inferno Kraken!

Cloak Spell
Cloak has returned in a big way! Some of you may recall finding a Cloak Treasure card in the past, and we've brought this dynamic back to the game, with enhancements!
A Cloak enchantment card may be used on spell cards that are flagged as charms or wards and it disguises the spell to opponents, a very valuable Player vs Player tool!

Look for these and other new Sun Magic Enchantment spells in Celestia.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Champion
Apr 18, 2010
403
Will ther be sun attacks like fire nova that estrakik used?????

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
940
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Mutate Spells
Mutation spells are a big part of Sun Magic, such as this Mutate Kraken into Inferno Kraken!


Such a big part, in fact, that not a single spell listed by the Sun School Trainer consist of a single mutate ability. Oh yeah, that Cloak spell must be cloaked because you can't find that one as well.

Moderator
Preacher7719 wrote:
Such a big part, in fact, that not a single spell listed by the Sun School Trainer consist of a single mutate ability. Oh yeah, that Cloak spell must be cloaked because you can't find that one as well.


There's much more to the Sun School than just the one trainer....

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Champion
Apr 18, 2010
403
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Preacher7719 wrote:
Such a big part, in fact, that not a single spell listed by the Sun School Trainer consist of a single mutate ability. Oh yeah, that Cloak spell must be cloaked because you can't find that one as well.


There's much more to the Sun School than just the one trainer....


So there's like secret trainers?????????????????????????????

Community Leader
I am testing this school on a storm wizard, I have a feeling this will be great mixed with the star school. All the accuracy , boost and mutations might come in handy :-) I'll give more detail as I test this on my storm wizard

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
15
ok why cant i use that tough card or whatever that does 100 more damage on anything!!!??? i mean i click on the card and theres no where to use it no spells or anything!!!!!

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
4
i am a storm player, and dont think it is fair that they wont work on my best card tempest, whats the point on the restriction? it should work on anyone attack cards! not fair to exclude x pip cards, speaking i think the other new school cards are not very good, and getting the training points to get the cards in the first place, i understand the game is much played now, so now it is time to start taking all of our real money!!! that is not what is game is about, or is it NOW

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
4
and how are we supposed to get these new cards without a trip to golem court? i like how my players are without have to change everything about them. i have worked hard to get them this way ( my players that is ). i think the idea behind the sun school :-D is a very good one. i just wish i had enough points to get the new cards, not just one or two of them. players would have to lose one of their secondary schools to get them, cards we have worked long and hard to get ( and need ). maybe add side quest for more training points, not just a zeke quest. there is no point to having all these new cards if you can not use the higher ranked ones!

Survivor
May 20, 2009
2
hinklecraigallen wrote:
and how are we supposed to get these new cards without a trip to golem court? i like how my players are without have to change everything about them. i have worked hard to get them this way ( my players that is ). i think the idea behind the sun school :-D is a very good one. i just wish i had enough points to get the new cards, not just one or two of them. players would have to lose one of their secondary schools to get them, cards we have worked long and hard to get ( and need ). maybe add side quest for more training points, not just a zeke quest. there is no point to having all these new cards if you can not use the higher ranked ones!

I wont give it all away but there are plenty of training points in the new world to get some if not all of what you want. I only have to retrain one wizard because I had planned ahead and saved about 3 tp on my other 2 grands. I would like to see a retrain offered for say 150k gold, but I doubt that will happen.

Defender
May 31, 2010
167

Anything new in the sun school that a death wizard can use? Since my favorite spells to use are Crow and wraith , I can't enchant these cards with tough or anything that would increase damage. Currently I just use keen eyes and keep them around as back up. We also dont get mutates that will work.
I can use tough on skeleton, but *shrugs* don't really use that spell. Only spells I keep in my deck are crow for more that one creature , and wraith for when its 1v1. Then all my boost. Would like to be able to have a new spells I could use , that would help me in celestia.
Since I don't have the extra training points atm , would any of the other school spells help me out? will the auras work to increase my damage with crow and wraith?

Thanks

Defender
May 02, 2010
110
Why can't I use my strength enchantments on Scarecrow or Wraith? :-(

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
130
MsSandy121 wrote:

Anything new in the sun school that a death wizard can use? Since my favorite spells to use are Crow and wraith , I can't enchant these cards with tough or anything that would increase damage. Currently I just use keen eyes and keep them around as back up. We also dont get mutates that will work.
I can use tough on skeleton, but *shrugs* don't really use that spell. Only spells I keep in my deck are crow for more that one creature , and wraith for when its 1v1. Then all my boost. Would like to be able to have a new spells I could use , that would help me in celestia.
Since I don't have the extra training points atm , would any of the other school spells help me out? will the auras work to increase my damage with crow and wraith?

Thanks


what i don't get you

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
Junebug838 wrote:
Why can't I use my strength enchantments on Scarecrow or Wraith? :-(


For the same reason you can't use them on Super Nova. Its not a damage spell. If you look at the card you'll see a weird "S" instead of a fist. Strength enchantments can only be applied to damage spells.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
594
gtarhannon wrote:
Junebug838 wrote:
Why can't I use my strength enchantments on Scarecrow or Wraith? :-(


For the same reason you can't use them on Super Nova. Its not a damage spell. If you look at the card you'll see a weird "S" instead of a fist. Strength enchantments can only be applied to damage spells.

The Broken Heart or 'SAP' Symbol means that it isn't 'Damage' but 'Drain'. That is why Damage boosting spells do not effect it.

I have an idea for a Sun Enchantment:
Enchant Shield - Turn 1 Tower Shield into 1 Mirror Shield

Mirror Shield - Next Incoming Damage or Sap hits original Caster instead

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
335
Preacher7719 wrote:
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Mutate Spells
Mutation spells are a big part of Sun Magic, such as this Mutate Kraken into Inferno Kraken!


Such a big part, in fact, that not a single spell listed by the Sun School Trainer consist of a single mutate ability. Oh yeah, that Cloak spell must be cloaked because you can't find that one as well.


Um I think Diego teaches a Cloak spell but I guess you have to be PVP captain or something like that

Hero
May 27, 2009
757
I have a question about the Sun Mutate spells. The Life mutate converts a Sprite - a healing spell - into Midnite Sprite - a 180 damage that adds a curse. What good is this mutate? Why would you take a perfectly good healing spell and do this? Every other school's mutate is at least a Level 3 spell, and the mutation either improves the damage or at least does damage of another school, making it useful against same school enemies. Did the designers of this spell ever play a Life wizard? Why not mutate a Nature's Wrath or Seraph? That would make much more sense, and the death trees in Floating Land use these already.

Seems like once again, the Life school gets dissed when it comes to attack power.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2009
5
is it true that if you mutate any card it will become permanently yours?

Hero
May 27, 2009
757
If you mutate it with a Treasuer Card, that's true, but if you mutate with a learned spell, you only have it for the battle that you enchanted it in.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
40
MsSandy121 wrote:

Anything new in the sun school that a death wizard can use? Since my favorite spells to use are Crow and wraith , I can't enchant these cards with tough or anything that would increase damage. Currently I just use keen eyes and keep them around as back up. We also dont get mutates that will work.
I can use tough on skeleton, but *shrugs* don't really use that spell. Only spells I keep in my deck are crow for more that one creature , and wraith for when its 1v1. Then all my boost. Would like to be able to have a new spells I could use , that would help me in celestia.
Since I don't have the extra training points atm , would any of the other school spells help me out? will the auras work to increase my damage with crow and wraith?

Thanks

I saw a card that turns sprites into midnight sprites which cost one pip, do 180 death damage, and put a 25% trap on them. There's also one that turns a minotaur into a death one, if those interest you. Anybody know if and how strong, etc. work on the death dragon?

Survivor
May 10, 2010
7
Ok, my Death mage bought the Strong Spell and can't use it. Like many other Death mages, I only use Wraith and Crow. Also, my Balance mage can't use the same thing on Nova. Ok, now we're just being silly. Nova is NOT an enchantment.

You made this school work with the most damaging schools, like fire and storm, and left Balance and Death out? The battles are going to be tough in CL and yet you won't let Death and Balance get a boost from learning the SAME spells? I don't get it. This doesn't make sense. Ok, I can TRY to understand that you don't want Death mages healing so very much (but not really), but Nova? You made the opponents harder for everyone, but only made the boosts needed available to some. I'm REALLY hoping this gets changed.

I love the game and play online with my kids a lot (too much probably lol). Thanks KI!

Survivor
Feb 10, 2010
22
I have to agree with my fellow Death students that it's unfair not to be able to use the Sun spells to boost our Wraith and Crow spells! :-(
Could this be changed to make it fair to all school students please? We all use our training points to get these Sun spells which are very handy but what's the point of wasting our precious training points on spells we cannot use! :?
I do have to say thumbs up for all your hard work on making this wonderful game! Keep up the good work! I just love it!

Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
1
Preacher7719 wrote:
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Mutate Spells
Mutation spells are a big part of Sun Magic, such as this Mutate Kraken into Inferno Kraken!


Such a big part, in fact, that not a single spell listed by the Sun School Trainer consist of a single mutate ability. Oh yeah, that Cloak spell must be cloaked because you can't find that one as well.

yes its given away by duiling deago in front of the pvp areana 8)

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
20
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Sun Magic (Enchantments)

One of the differences between Sun School enchantments and other in-game enchantments is that cards enchanted with Sun School cards disappear after combat is resolved.

I don't understand this. What, you can never use the cards you enchanted again?

Historian
May 02, 2009
698
Merlin253 wrote:
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Sun Magic (Enchantments)

One of the differences between Sun School enchantments and other in-game enchantments is that cards enchanted with Sun School cards disappear after combat is resolved.

I don't understand this. What, you can never use the cards you enchanted again?


No no no, your mistaken. What it means is that when you use the card, you cant use it again for the rest of the duel. however it WILL be available for the next duel your in.

Treasure card enchantments dissapear forever when thier used, while sun school enchantments dissapear for the rest of the duel, but reappear for the next duel.

I hope that helped clarify things up for you.

1