Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Schools of Magic - Sun Magic

2
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
20
flash33 wrote:
Merlin253 wrote:
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Sun Magic (Enchantments)

One of the differences between Sun School enchantments and other in-game enchantments is that cards enchanted with Sun School cards disappear after combat is resolved.

I don't understand this. What, you can never use the cards you enchanted again?


No no no, your mistaken. What it means is that when you use the card, you cant use it again for the rest of the duel. however it WILL be available for the next duel your in.

Treasure card enchantments dissapear forever when thier used, while sun school enchantments dissapear for the rest of the duel, but reappear for the next duel.

I hope that helped clarify things up for you.

Yep thanks

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
33
Prospector Zeke said that sun school spells can't be used on rank x spells. But than why can you use it on heak hound, a rank x spell. If you use gargantuin on it, it does 355 damage per pip, so if you have 7 power pips it would do 4970 base damage. That's not including blades and clothing boosts. And since it is a damage over time spell, it will break the sheilds the first turn and then it will full damage the next two turns, still enough to kill you. Then again I shouldn't complaining because I am a pyromancer . And yes, I did already do this before, so don't ask me if I'm making this up.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
335
MsSandy121 wrote:

Anything new in the sun school that a death wizard can use? Since my favorite spells to use are Crow and wraith , I can't enchant these cards with tough or anything that would increase damage. Currently I just use keen eyes and keep them around as back up. We also dont get mutates that will work.
I can use tough on skeleton, but *shrugs* don't really use that spell. Only spells I keep in my deck are crow for more that one creature , and wraith for when its 1v1. Then all my boost. Would like to be able to have a new spells I could use , that would help me in celestia.
Since I don't have the extra training points atm , would any of the other school spells help me out? will the auras work to increase my damage with crow and wraith?

Thanks


Well my fellow wizard, it all goes back to pvp. Since crow and wraith gives back 50% heath to the caster, people will or have complained that it's unfair. Same goes for x spells: Judgement does 100 damage per pips so they think its unfair to add 250 (garagtuan) more to that but what people do not realize is that if you enchant an "x" spell, the enchantment is not per pip, instead it just add the amount to the total attack. For example, if you have 4 pips and you cast judgement. if you were to enchant judgement with gargantuan which gives 250 additional damage then your base hit would be 400+250=650. So, a 4 pip garantuan enchanted judgement would do 650 damage and not 1400 like most people are inclined to think.

You can use sun spells on skeletal pirate and poison but I don't really use those in my deck, you can also use it on skeletal dragon.

A good point to note is that if you enchant poison and you get a critical it can kill a life boss in the three rounds expecially if you keep putting feint on them. it will probably kill them quicker if they do not shield.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
260
I just don't see how this can be a big game changer. All you are doing is changing the school you are attacking in.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
260
hinklecraigallen wrote:
and how are we supposed to get these new cards without a trip to golem court? i like how my players are without have to change everything about them. i have worked hard to get them this way ( my players that is ). i think the idea behind the sun school :D is a very good one. i just wish i had enough points to get the new cards, not just one or two of them. players would have to lose one of their secondary schools to get them, cards we have worked long and hard to get ( and need ). maybe add side quest for more training points, not just a zeke quest. there is no point to having all these new cards if you can not use the higher ranked ones!


When i first heard about these new schools I stopped using my training points on storm because I didn't use them that much and you can't get the other good spells from that school and now I have a ton of training points for these new schools!

Survivor
Jun 11, 2010
3
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
Will ther be sun attacks like fire nova that estrakik used?????


You know, that's the reason you can't get sun/moon/star as a primary
school... (Because they don't have damage spells ! )

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
1
I don't quite understand what you mean by cloaking spells, I can't remembering ever encountering them before. What do you mean you say that you can "disguise" your spells?

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
26
Here's a question about the sun-school mutates:

Let's say I'm a pyromancer (I am) and I mutate a phoenix into a thunderbird. Is that now a fire-school spell that does storm damage? Or is it a storm school card?

The difference is that I can cast a phoenix with, say, two power pips and a regular one - but a lvl 5 storm spell would require me to wait two more rounds for two more (power- or regular-) pips. I.e. if I have three power pips and "could" cast phoenix, but I enchant it, does it mean I can now NOT cast it any more because it now requires more pips?

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
45
Scarletof3 wrote:
Ok, my Death mage bought the Strong Spell and can't use it. Like many other Death mages, I only use Wraith and Crow. Also, my Balance mage can't use the same thing on Nova. Ok, now we're just being silly. Nova is NOT an enchantment.

You made this school work with the most damaging schools, like fire and storm, and left Balance and Death out? The battles are going to be tough in CL and yet you won't let Death and Balance get a boost from learning the SAME spells? I don't get it. This doesn't make sense. Ok, I can TRY to understand that you don't want Death mages healing so very much (but not really), but Nova? You made the opponents harder for everyone, but only made the boosts needed available to some. I'm REALLY hoping this gets changed.

I love the game and play online with my kids a lot (too much probably lol). Thanks KI!


the drains i get, as for nova, i cant help ya, but there are level 58 spells that do major damage for both of them, death has skeletal dragon, which is about 1100 damage, add the 225 enchantment, ya have way over double what ya hit with wraith

balance has ra, he hits everyone, and does about 600-700 damage, 900 with enchantment alone i dont know about ya, but that seems fair to me

Survivor
Jul 08, 2010
3
Can someone please tell me where the secret sun trainer is at, and please be specific.

thanks

Survivor
Apr 18, 2010
2
Ok, I have been reading the forums for some time but I am finding a lot of conflicting answers. I have a Balance wizard, level 56 and I curently have 10 training points that I have been saving for Celestia. However, I am unsure which school to go with. Which balance spells do the sun school damage enhancers work with?

Thanks in advance,
Adrian

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
44
I have a mutate Draconian spell an it is the coolest!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Nov 29, 2010
8
I like the sun spells cause they boost your spells they are also good because if you are fighting a boss or minion thats fire for example, you can use mutate and turn a fire spell into a ice one and it boosts! :D

Natalie Rose
Level 56 Storm

Explorer
Dec 08, 2009
55
Kirgan wrote:
Ok, I have been reading the forums for some time but I am finding a lot of conflicting answers. I have a Balance wizard, level 56 and I curently have 10 training points that I have been saving for Celestia. However, I am unsure which school to go with. Which balance spells do the sun school damage enhancers work with?

Thanks in advance,
Adrian


I have a legendary balance character and I use gargantuan a lot. I would recommend getting that series in the sun school. However you can't use it on nova, which is kind of a downer, but you only get gargantuan the same level you get ra and it is extremely useful :).

billyperry wrote:
Can someone please tell me where the secret sun trainer is at, and please be specific.


You can find the secret trainer in stormriven hall. If you open the map the trainer is behind a wall at the center north of the map. A quest sending you after "rubble" will bring you right beside the trainer if you are not to stormriven hall yet :)

sgeier wrote:
Here's a question about the sun-school mutates:

Let's say I'm a pyromancer (I am) and I mutate a phoenix into a thunderbird. Is that now a fire-school spell that does storm damage? Or is it a storm school card?


Once you use mutate thunderbird, the card becomes storm school. Having a high level storm, I took fire all the way up to phoenix just to be able to use thunderbird :). I would suggest you to get up to kraken or wivern and get the mutate spell for fire kraken or fire wyvern, both are very very good damage per pip!

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
60
gtarhannon wrote:
Junebug838 wrote:
Why can't I use my strength enchantments on Scarecrow or Wraith? :(


For the same reason you can't use them on Super Nova. Its not a damage spell. If you look at the card you'll see a weird "S" instead of a fist. Strength enchantments can only be applied to damage spells.
Power Nova not Super Nova

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
60
NicoUzumaki wrote:
Preacher7719 wrote:
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Mutate Spells
Mutation spells are a big part of Sun Magic, such as this Mutate Kraken into Inferno Kraken!


Such a big part, in fact, that not a single spell listed by the Sun School Trainer consist of a single mutate ability. Oh yeah, that Cloak spell must be cloaked because you can't find that one as well.


Um I think Diego teaches a Cloak spell but I guess you have to be PVP captain or something like that
all you just need is a training point

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
60
Scarletof3 wrote:
Ok, my Death mage bought the Strong Spell and can't use it. Like many other Death mages, I only use Wraith and Crow. Also, my Balance mage can't use the same thing on Nova. Ok, now we're just being silly. Nova is NOT an enchantment.

You made this school work with the most damaging schools, like fire and storm, and left Balance and Death out? The battles are going to be tough in CL and yet you won't let Death and Balance get a boost from learning the SAME spells? I don't get it. This doesn't make sense. Ok, I can TRY to understand that you don't want Death mages healing so very much (but not really), but Nova? You made the opponents harder for everyone, but only made the boosts needed available to some. I'm REALLY hoping this gets changed.

I love the game and play online with my kids a lot (too much probably lol). Thanks KI!
you cant use strong cause wraith is not a attack spell it is a drain spell

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
4
phils26 wrote:
ok why cant i use that tough card or whatever that does 100 more damage on anything!!!??? i mean i click on the card and theres no where to use it no spells or anything!!!!!


You have to have a normal spell in your deck thats ready to click onto it like with Accuracy and Tough ok? I hope this helps

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
1
egyptlover wrote:
phils26 wrote:
ok why cant i use that tough card or whatever that does 100 more damage on anything!!!??? i mean i click on the card and theres no where to use it no spells or anything!!!!!


You have to have a normal spell in your deck thats ready to click onto it like with Accuracy and Tough ok? I hope this helps


(laura rosestone) ya you only have to do that it will help but some time it wont do that. if i donts not do that just logg out and it will come out fresh :) and it will do it:) :)

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
303
Mutations - I must admit I'm disappointed in the way they turned out. How come the mutation spells don't mutate the card into the wizards primary school? I was really hopping to get frost shark or frost kraken for my ice wizard after struggling with the celestian ice elites with my necromancer the first time through. And now struggling with them with my diviner. Having a fire kraken that isn't a DoT for my pyromancer would be really helpful since immolate, a powerful 4 pip spell, isn't as useful in celestia like kraken is to my diviner.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2011
1
I have a kind of strange question. Some of the treasure cards that we had BEFORE Celestia, are now spells we can learn there. Which, personally, I love. But my question is, how come some spells, aren't available from any trainer? Are they all going to eventually become regular spells? Because honesty, I hate using treasure cards except for to craft, and there are a few treasure cards, Sun School specifically, that would be really great if we could learn them, instead of having to use treasure cards. Specifically Simplify, and that type of spells. Thanks. :)

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
337
Preacher7719 wrote:
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Mutate Spells
Mutation spells are a big part of Sun Magic, such as this Mutate Kraken into Inferno Kraken!


Such a big part, in fact, that not a single spell listed by the Sun School Trainer consist of a single mutate ability. Oh yeah, that Cloak spell must be cloaked because you can't find that one as well.

It is with Diego at pvp arena. Get your facts strait.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2009
2
About sun spells. I just turned level 58, and have been saving 1 training point for the spell "Gangantuan." I go to the Sun giver, in celestia base camp, and it will not show up. I try to go to other sun spell givers, and i cannot find Gangantuan. Help?

2