Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fighting Against Your Own School

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 29, 2012
Hi Everyone! So in the District of Stars, there are A LOT of bosses and monsters around that are balance which is my school). I have noticed that in many other locations around Celestia, the bosses and monsters are primarily one school. I was wondering if there is a strategy to fight people of your own school, because I am struggling!

Kiley Duskflower, Grandmaster Sorceress

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
kk54312 on Nov 29, 2012 wrote:
Hi Everyone! So in the District of Stars, there are A LOT of bosses and monsters around that are balance which is my school). I have noticed that in many other locations around Celestia, the bosses and monsters are primarily one school. I was wondering if there is a strategy to fight people of your own school, because I am struggling!

Prisms, secondary school spells and friends all help. I struggled in several places with my Ice wizard.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
kk54312 on Nov 29, 2012 wrote:

I can relate to this, I quit in DS when my Balance wizard started to face higher resist Balance boss fights. I did start over again but am still a lower level and hope to figure it out better this time.

What I have gathered is we must learn to use non Balance spells on these Balance monsters. Since we have no converts we must use spells like Spectacular Blast and Cinema on them.

I don't purchase an amulet so I can use out of school spells with my pips so I have to figure out how to use what I am given.

wizard101central.com has a few guides to help give you the idea.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Well, i never exactly played balance (only as a low level) so i'll just post some links to guides or something.
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=115
Since your balance, i cant really help sooo heres a link to the Celestia guides. Good luck with Celestia!

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Prisms. And focus on one at a time, usually the easiest or weakest. As each enemy is killed it makes it easier. And hope strangers that jump in attack the correct enemy. Very frustrating when there is multiple enemy and the stranger chooses to kill the one that you already prismed.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
RottenHeart on Dec 16, 2012 wrote:
Prisms. And focus on one at a time, usually the easiest or weakest. As each enemy is killed it makes it easier. And hope strangers that jump in attack the correct enemy. Very frustrating when there is multiple enemy and the stranger chooses to kill the one that you already prismed.
Sorry I don't have a balance wizard so I may have spoken wrong. Balance doesn't have prisms does it? Silly me.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2010
Yep, happens so so much. I am balance, I and I feel as if it's a little more difficult to fight against our on schools because we don't have a convert. I am level 58 now, and it's really kind of hard and I don't like constantly having to ask my friends for help because there are balances.
I really, really wish we could have converts.
One other thing is that people say that we have the other schools, but a lot of times they have shields to that, too. I recommend wizards101 gets balance converts.

Defender
Jun 16, 2011
Best advice is use prisms,treasure cards, friends, converts,and minions (but treasure card is best

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
get friends and individual attack with a boss hydra or that ice or fir or storm spell