Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Begin your Journey to CELESTIA

AuthorMessage

An urgent message has come from a faraway world!. For those of you who have completed the Final Countdown quest in Dragonspyre, visit me, Halston Balestrom, in Ravenwood. I urgently need your assistance!

These are the Preview Quests to Celestia. The world of Celestia will be open later this year, but these preview quests do not have to be completed for you to gain entry to Celestia when it arrives to the Spiral.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I'm hoping the new celestra world will be made really difficult and hard as it makes end game play more enjoyable while waiting for the next worlds. Challenge is preferred.

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
Zeke proff Balestrom and all concerened,
I must inform you this is an unfair practice to ask grandmasters to quest knowing full well there will be a level hike to 60 and we are not allowed to bank or keep any xp earned until that level change takes effect. Therefore I also inform you I will Not be questing or buying crowns to buy back any training pints until this said practice hass been made fair to all grandmasters who wish to quest and level to the new standard.
Thank you for the thread and good luck to all

We're not asking you to complete these quests. As stated above, these quests will not be required to continue into the new world of Celestia. When Celestia is released and the level cap is increased, you are invited to complete these quests at that time.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Jun 01, 2010
:-D When it says final countdown quest in DragonSpyre. Does it mean you have to beat DragonSpyre? When I mean beat, defeat Malistaire?

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
WizardCityMelis wrote:
:-D When it says final countdown quest in DragonSpyre. Does it mean you have to beat DragonSpyre? When I mean beat, defeat Malistaire?

Yes. You must have the quest "Final Count Down" and defeat Malistaire to go to the new world.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
seasnake wrote:
I'm hoping the new celestra world will be made really difficult and hard as it makes end game play more enjoyable while waiting for the next worlds. Challenge is preferred.

Have you been on the test realm and gone through the new tower/dungeon? There are many areas of this game that are difficult and the new tower is the worst as far as difficulty. KI needs to keep things balanced and give more XP so that wizards can actually get to level 60.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2008
I defeated that Tower in Marlybone. At least they let us run again from where you left off. I must have died 5 times straight at the final boss. Thank GOD for the free crowns I went back in to the last floor with 4 henchmen, 2 ice and 1 storm, I was death and I used beguile on the boss 4 times to get done!

That one was a pain!

Oh and the previous bosses cheat REAL bad, I mean 7 pip spells with only 1 pip, that is not just cheating that is highway robbery. and then they go 3 times on there side before you can go again, OR you as the first player go once, then their side ALL go, then your next guy, then THIER side all go again, and so on, and so on...At least beguile lasted through all of those quadruple dipping cheats! I mean come on, how are you supposed to live with that? Fire Dragons every hand, and twice a round?

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
I have to agree with faxbot882. I am waiting to do anything else with my Grand Master character until the level cap is increased. When will that be?No sense in doing anything that could get me ANY amount of XPs if it won't help my character.
Also; When/where will we see the new schools of magic also highly anticipated?

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
Just did the quest to get to celestia, to the tower in marleybone anyway, there you get in a fight ith a boss and 3 henchman who continually hit you with the storm lord, colossas even tho they have no pips , wizard 101 has bragged up celestia for months and then make it unwinnable with a farce like this. I have 4 Grandmasters and when I think of the time I spent getting to that point and waiting all winter for the new world, then to find out they set it up where the boss's cheat so you don't advance? what a farce and a waste.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
I am playing the live version of the Journey to Celestia and all I can say is this this isnt just bent it is broke. The Boss not only cheats but the insanity of it shows negligence on the part of the creators for a fair yet challenging time. Plus the anti PVP stun chain carried over to the game so now one stun brings four shields. I am really let down by this WOW attitude that has hit Wizard 101 creators. Don't release it if its not ready. It just wastes players time. At this time I can't recommend buying a player account until the game returns to some semblance of balance and not just crown buying and catering to a few players who whine about PVP fairness. And I used to love telling my friends how Wizard 101 was and how it was good relaxing fun for the family.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2010
blizzardkid94 wrote:
seasnake wrote:

Have you been on the test realm and gone through the new tower/dungeon? There are many areas of this game that are difficult and the new tower is the worst as far as difficulty. KI needs to keep things balanced and give more XP so that wizards can actually get to level 60.
But why cant you keep the same grandmater lvl at 50 or make it 55 cause i am lvl 40 just made it there and i dont wanna keep going i will take me forever

Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
I'm very happy that finishing the new tower will not be a requirement to go to Celestia!
A little bit of challenge is nice, but too much would defeat the idea of a game for the entire family. After all, families tend to include younger children as well as overworked adults, who may have difficulty completing such a hard tower or simply lack the energy or interest.

This way, the tower is still there for those have the time, ability and interest in doing it, but others can go on playing as well.

I hope Kingsisle keeps up the good work. Wizard101 is an engaging, interesting and imaginative game, suitable for everybody. Please don't turn 'hardcore'!

Defender
Apr 10, 2009
blizzardkid94 wrote:
seasnake wrote:

you mean the one with the guy that uses interrupts? HE IS THE WORST! i mean you should not be able to cast a storm lord with only one pip

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
This tower is quite easy if you strategize first, but not just rush right into combat. Hopefully my strategy will help you players who are unable to do this tower. First get a storm, fire, life, and another wizard usually death. On the minion levels we did combo attacks with storm lord, fire dragon, and scarecrow, and the life person rebirthed every time. Then at General Stormclaw [ I Believe thats his name ] the fire wizard got the ice minions the storm wizard got the life minion and the death wizard got the storm minion. After that, the storm and fire wizard attacked the boss to kill it while the life wizard used rebirth again. At the final boss, the storm and fire wizard attacked the rats and made them die. By that time, you must be damaged but you did not attack either boss yet so the life wizard use rebirth. Then take out the balance with a combo i'd say. Use triton, helephant, and wraith with BLADES to kill him. After that the life wizard rebirths again. Finally, the fire wizard has the most IMPORTANT job. He/She must put blades on [ preferably elemental blades and fire blade ] and a convert. Then use a TREASURE elemental blade while the life rebirths and if there is a shield to ice ask another wizard or yourself to get it off somehow. I would use a wand attack to do so. Then use helephant and finish him off. Also during the battle use quench on the fire boss and entangle on the life boss a lot. Hope this helped!

- Timothy Storm Vault Master of Fire
-Timothy Death Shard Master of Storm
- Timothy Frost River Master of Ice
- Timothy Master of Balance ;) :-)

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
timta10 wrote:
This tower is quite easy if you strategize first, but not just rush right into combat. Hopefully my strategy will help you players who are unable to do this tower. First get a storm, fire, life, and another wizard usually death. On the minion levels we did combo attacks with storm lord, fire dragon, and scarecrow, and the life person rebirthed every time. Then at General Stormclaw [ I Believe thats his name ] the fire wizard got the ice minions the storm wizard got the life minion and the death wizard got the storm minion. After that, the storm and fire wizard attacked the boss to kill it while the life wizard used rebirth again. At the final boss, the storm and fire wizard attacked the rats and made them die. By that time, you must be damaged but you did not attack either boss yet so the life wizard use rebirth. Then take out the balance with a combo i'd say. Use triton, helephant, and wraith with BLADES to kill him. After that the life wizard rebirths again. Finally, the fire wizard has the most IMPORTANT job. He/She must put blades on [ preferably elemental blades and fire blade ] and a convert. Then use a TREASURE elemental blade while the life rebirths and if there is a shield to ice ask another wizard or yourself to get it off somehow. I would use a wand attack to do so. Then use helephant and finish him off. Also during the battle use quench on the fire boss and entangle on the life boss a lot. Hope this helped!

- Timothy Storm Vault Master of Fire
-Timothy Death Shard Master of Storm
- Timothy Frost River Master of Ice
- Timothy Master of Balance ;) :-)

Thanks Timothy that is very helpful, nice of you to post all of that. Hopefully people will be able to get a Storm, Fire and Life on their team!

Survivor
May 16, 2010
i gave up[ trying to get their spent 8am 7pm trying to get in thire all wyes a wipe team fell apart and gave up. try to day to do it it was a wipe. CELESTIA
quest done wich it try no more till kings fix it :x :x

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
So I just finished the tower in MB, very hard, but a lot of fun, and talked to the storm trainer. Now what??? He says he will get back to me when the key is ready, so what do I do now? Anyone know? Thanks.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
WizardCityMelis wrote:
Yes, the quest u get to defeat malistaire is called "The final countdown"

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
But why cant you keep the same grandmater lvl at 50 or make it 55 cause i am lvl 40 just made it there and i dont wanna keep going i will take me forever

When you get to level 50 and have finished all the quest, there is nothing for you to do but farm and help others. After awhile, this becomes boring and you will leave the game.

It needs to continue to offer challenges or KI will lose customers. Simple as that.

Trust me you will be glad that the new levels are in place.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2010
ProspectorZeke wrote:
We're not asking you to complete these quests. As stated above, these quests will not be required to continue into the new world of Celestia. When Celestia is released and the level cap is increased, you are invited to complete these quests at that time.

hello i have completed the tower in mb multiple times on both my characters when will we get the key to the spiral

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
WizardCityMelis wrote:
yes

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
To say I am VERY disappointed and my wife, who tried the MB tower with me, is enraged at the absurd imbalance of the boss battles is to completely understate the situation. My wife is leaving Wizard101. I can't blame her. I have three grand masters and I doubt that, other than by shear luck, any of them are likely to survive that tower. in the last attempt the opponents were casting top level spells as many as four casts to our one. I got to cast twice before we were wiped out. It was not just the two of us either. until the last attempt on the final boss we had another player with us and we were using henchmen. Is Kings Isle just trying to get players to burm through crowns so they can increase their profits? This is NOT the sort of gaming that made me want to work on six characters to the levels of three grand masters and three more at high master levels. This is NOT the gaming experience that would have me telling others that this is the game to play. If fact I will be telling people that this game has lost its way. No longer is it that fair, fun and exciting game that it once was. It's not a matter of simply needing teamwork to complete a quest but that you have to watch the "baddies" just plain pummel you and your teammates in hope of getting ANY chance to fight back.

Survivor
May 29, 2009
Are you planning on keeping the tower like this? Am i gonna have to complete the tower to get to celestia? I've been looking forward to the new world now i find out i might not be able to get to it. Why did you make the tower like this to begin with i don't understand. I spent hours trying to beat the tower just to die at the last boss which made me so angry i didnn't feel like playing anymore. I've talked to a lot of others that had the same thing happen to them who felt the same way what would make you create a tower so frustrating that your players no longer want to play the game. The towers set up so you have to have a life but theirs only so many life grandmasters. It took me hours trying to find a life to help me then we reached the first boss and everytime she tried to cast a spell it skipped her. This isn't fair, balanced, or fun.

Please read the post at the top of this thread, it clearly states:

these preview quests do not have to be completed for you to gain entry to Celestia when it arrives to the Spiral.