Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Astral Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 14, 2011
I would like to know what you think would be the best astral spells for a balance/storm wizard. I want to be moon but im not sure. I am not in celestia yet but im thinking ahead.

John Griffenstalker LVL 40 balance

Defender
Aug 22, 2010
Defender
Aug 06, 2011
cooper1829 wrote:
Star and moon are pretty good. Don't do sun
I am completely disagreeable on this statement. Moon is terrible and, well, sun is the best. It's much better then the other astral schools and it increases the attack power more than star. And also does accuracy, which star doesn't do.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
KingCobra022 wrote:
cooper1829 wrote:
Star and moon are pretty good. Don't do sun
I am completely disagreeable on this statement. Moon is terrible and, well, sun is the best. It's much better then the other astral schools and it increases the attack power more than star. And also does accuracy, which star doesn't do.

Sun school is usually a good fit for most schools, the only drawback is the amount of training points required to advance in the school.

Star school is good for a la carte. Certain schools just get more out of certain star spells than others do. Example, Beserk works great on my Ice and Death wizards, but not so much on the others.

Moon school has really taken a hit over the last couple of expansions. Mastery amulets and armor piercing have really dominated the functionally that moon used to bring (dueling same school opponents). However, Moon school is still a valid option in group play (where others can strengthen the weakness the polymorphs give you). There are also some advance techniques that moon brings, but again, best used in group situations. I usually prefer the treasure card versions, since I deplore the prequisite setup Moon currently has.

Defender
Dec 31, 2010
I am a storm and i went for moon because it looked cool. Bad choice. Sun wasn't too great either! Star is good because it lasts for 4 rounds, and boosts your chances and stats for everything, unlike moon where your morph only helps you in a certain area. My moon spells were useless and my sun spells didn't help much. I'd go with star, but it's your preferance.

Keira Dreamleaf lvl 64 Diviner

Defender
Dec 31, 2010