Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's the Best Storm Gear for Around Level 80?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 20, 2011
I have a Storm that's level 82, and I'm completely fine with the Skyscream Gear that she wears. I like to have a well-rounded character, that has some of everything that's offered. What I'm really upset about is her Athame. She's got the Bear's Claw of Storm. Here are its stats:
+192 Health
+155 Mana
+14% Power Pip Chance
+5 Universal Block
+9% Storm Damage

It's a level 56+ Athame, and I'm sure that I've been using it since that level. I don't know much about bosses in the Spiral, other than their cheats, health, and boost/resistance to certain schools. I'm not sure if there are bosses that drop better Athames, but I'm figuring there is, because I've gotten an amazing Ring from one of them. It's called the Deep Water Rising Ring, and is level 76+. Is there any Athames that are similar to level and stats as this one? If so, where can I buy/which boss can I farm for such an Athame?

Thank you very much! Just in case, this character doesn't craft, so I can't make an Athame.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Seems like you are on the right track. I've played most of the game in Skyscream hat and robe, upgrading other things along the way.

You can get the level 66 Rainy Season Spike from Dhakir Bloodthorn in ZF to gain some damage. At level 90 change to the Blade of the Felled Titan from Cronus.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I noticed you said THIS character doesn't craft. Does that mean you have another that DOES? You can always craft on that other wizard and trade through the shared bank.

Survivor
Nov 20, 2011
seethe42 on Jun 23, 2014 wrote:
I noticed you said THIS character doesn't craft. Does that mean you have another that DOES? You can always craft on that other wizard and trade through the shared bank.
I do have another character that does craft, but she's barely into Zafaria. I will take the suggestion, though, and look for Athames that are crafted-only in hopes of finding a decent one. Thank you!

Survivor
May 21, 2011
Hey there!

My Storm used Skyscream up until I got to Azteca, at which point I decided to stop questing for a little bit and upgrade my gear. I would recommend:

Woodland Tribal Hood - Avalon Crafted
Poet's Robe - Avalon Crafted
Skyscream Boots - Waterworks

As far as the Athame and Ring, I used the 56+ as well, since it gives a good damage boost and most enemies in PvE tend to block criticals.

Good luck!
Olivia