Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Soloing Azteca?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 20, 2011
Level 82 Storm
I have been able to go alone through each world, only having to have help when it was a difficult dungeon or a long and tedious tower. Obviously, the smaller worlds were both easier and harder for Storm. The low health and accuracy killed me a lot, but the strong spells and high damage saved me a few times. Celestia was probably the easiest world because of the introduction of Critical.

Zafaria was probably easy-enough because of Skyscream Gear.

Avalon was where things began to get difficult. I managed to get through most of the world without help, but I had one of my friends help me throughout the ending of the world. I decided to give Azteca the benefit of the doubt and began to solo once more.
Regular fights are no issue. I just blade and hit, blade and hit, blade and hit, heal when necessary.
Boss fights are a completely other story. I always dreaded going to see a boss, because of my lower health and pip chance. I got through the first place, the Zocalo(?), without too many problems. I had stopped playing with that character for a few months because she had to face a boss that she couldn't kill. I ended up doing it with a Crown-bought Henchmen.

I was wondering if anyone had some kind of suggestion when it came to soloing Azteca? Should I try for a one-hit kill on boss fights, or go for a slower approach? Please and thank you!

Survivor
Jun 13, 2013
Your boss fights should depend on your style of playing, but I personally recommend 1 hit kills. Just blade up and hit. If its easier for you, try killing the minions first so you only have target to worry about.
Here are some tips:

Get the Skyscream gear if you have not already

Train ice to tower shield

Sidequest so you are a couple levels higher than your location

Craft, you can get better gear if the Skyscream does not help

I hope this helps some, good luck!