Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Solo Xibalba in 1 Hour 30 minutes!

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Entering the Xibalba dungeon it says:

"This dungeon takes around 1 hour 30 minutes to finish, shorter if you bring friends. Are you sure you want to enter this dungeon?"

So who exactly completed this dungeon solo in 1.5 hours? Was it their first time through? Did they have some special spells I never heard of? Is 1.5 hours solo even possible with dungeon knowledge, unlimited henchmen and perfect pets & gear?

I consider myself a reasonably talented wizard. I don't mind the wizarding challenges, but the real-world time (continuous without pause) required for this dungeon is completely ridiculous. This should obviously be broken into multiple dungeons. How was this missed through all the beta testing? This is beyond silly. Games from 25 years ago allow you to pause and come back later.

If this is what we should be expecting in upcoming chapters of Wizard101 see ya later KingsIsle. I got better things to do with my time.

~ RottenHeart

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
RottenHeart on May 21, 2013 wrote:
Entering the Xibalba dungeon it says:

"This dungeon takes around 1 hour 30 minutes to finish, shorter if you bring friends. Are you sure you want to enter this dungeon?"

So who exactly completed this dungeon solo in 1.5 hours? Was it their first time through? Did they have some special spells I never heard of? Is 1.5 hours solo even possible with dungeon knowledge, unlimited henchmen and perfect pets & gear?

I consider myself a reasonably talented wizard. I don't mind the wizarding challenges, but the real-world time (continuous without pause) required for this dungeon is completely ridiculous. This should obviously be broken into multiple dungeons. How was this missed through all the beta testing? This is beyond silly. Games from 25 years ago allow you to pause and come back later.

If this is what we should be expecting in upcoming chapters of Wizard101 see ya later KingsIsle. I got better things to do with my time.

~ RottenHeart
I finished my second time through solo in just under 2 hours and I didn't use henchmen or potions. ( first time through i had a full group of four and we were done in under an hour). I am Myth level 90

I do have a good pet (double resist, fairy, sprite and tower shield). It has taken me almost the whole year and a half I've been playing to get a pet like that too.

I mostly use in game gear, water works, hat, robe and shoes, lexicon blade, signet of the lizard tyrant, some ice wand (i forget what it is called). and I do have a life mastery amulet, but honestly I could have done without it for as little as I used it.

I have trained spells: ice to tower shield, fire to volcanic shield, death to feint, balance to weakness. Sun spells to colossal, potent trap, and sharpen, only reliquary on the star spells and reshuffle.

All my heals are tc or my pet and I use tc feints too.

Mob fights I do my standard 4 blades ( myth, sharp myth, spirit, sharp spirit) the a colossal frog or two takes them out. Shielding heavily in the beginning. Boss fights just take out one at a time stacking 3 feints on each, the a colossal Calendar or Medusa.

So it is very possible. :-D. I have soloed most of the game including most of Azteca.

Calamity PixieShade, level 90

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
I haven't gotten to Xibalba yet, but I learned very early in the game that those dungeon time estimates are way out of whack for soloing, at least for me. I mentally double them, and count myself lucky if it's not even longer. But I imagine there are players who can complete the dungeons in the estimated times, or even faster, depending on the school of their wizard and their playing style.

Personally, I'd prefer the warnings to state how many battles you will face in the dungeon rather than giving a time estimate that is inevitably going to be wrong for lots of people.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I should clarify with the following:

- I started the game around Oct last year.
- soloed almost the entire 2nd arc.
- never had crown gear
- never had henchmen
- reasonable (mediocre) pet

I'm amazed by feda05. Fighting the initial 4 enemy I would die repeatedly in two rounds without firing a single attack spell. If I got lucky I might defeat the first guy then get the rest. Often it depended on spell casting order: if enemy went first I didn't have a chance. Getting hit with multiple 1000+ hits coupled with stuns (Frost Giant), 90% weakness (Effreet), -40% accuracy (Smokescreen) and/or getting pips stolen (Lord of Winter) in the first two rounds would often leave me comotose or dead before I get started.

I can put up a couple shields like anybody else, but getting stunned, fizzled, or stolen pips multiple rounds in a row doesn't leave much room for returning attacks. For me to pull off a reasonable attack I need at least two rounds of pip building, prefereably three. More if I'm applying feints.

Once you defeat one of the four enemy its not so bad. But getting that first guy was a major struggle for me. Then repeat this struggle several more times!

RottenHeart
Promethean Necromancer

Explorer
Dec 01, 2012
I finished it solo on another account in about an hour. I had the special cards from card packs.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Most of the time I find their time averages off. Ghost Avalon took half the time they said it would. If you bring friends you should complete it very quickly! Though if you have absolutely no time, save this for a day you have a lot of time.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I remember the first time I did Xibalba. I had no idea I was in the final dungeon at the time. I was the first in my group of friends to get that far. I have soloed the entire game on my main wizard and Xibalba was no exception. I never look up dungeons on Central for information and at the time, I don't believe there was information regarding Xibalba, because I was one of the people who completed it shortly after it was released.

I think it took me just under 2 hours to complete by myself. Of course, I was on my Ice who has excellent health (6120) and excellent resistance (84 Fire, 80 Storm and 51 to all others). I had no shields, no henchmen, no potions, and made sure I put a few extra heals in (I normally don't carry any).

EEK! It was a tough dungeon, but I made it out okay.

Can't say the same for my Balance. When she went in, she had help from some very good friends. That lasted about 1 hour and 45 minutes. All of us survived!

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
First time i did it was 3 hours.Then 2.7.1.9Then at last i did it under a hour.0.6Then i did it 0.5