Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Young Morganthe is impossible to beat

AuthorMessage
Champion
Sep 01, 2009
I just finished Avalon, primarily solo the entire way. Ghosts of Avalon was insanely hard solo, but I managed it. I used henchmen for Sir Mallory, Morganthe and the two dragons at the end. Pendgragon, for some reason, was pretty simple. (Have a big fire resist-it helps immensely!) Using my spinyfish pet that adds 9% global resist was key, loading Morganthe up with ice dispels was extremely important and patience is definitely a must. This is not a short instance, you will be there awhile. Now, if I could only finish Waterworks! :)

Erin Ice Weaver, Arch Mage Ice Wizard

Survivor
Dec 16, 2011
Wow. What a waste of my time and my crowns. No matter what I started with, Young Morganthe would go first, use the mammoth, then use the mammoth again, the my pet would heal, then Young Morganthe again with death - all before I even played one card. I was down 3000 life before I even went. Then wasted crowns buying 3 henchman that got blown away. No friends could port or get in dungeon unless they are on same level. I think I'm done with this game. I've finally hit my stopping point. I'm tired of paying a monthly fee for this game. Good luck to the rest of you. KingsIsle has gotten too much of my money and now my wizard is just getting abused. I'm all for fighting harder opponents - but not this way. Take care everybody, it's been real. No Pirates101 for me either - I can see KingsIsle stacking the deck in that one as well. CYA!!! Sloan Dragonblood has retired!!!!

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
She cast the mammoth spell on me about ten times in the first round. I have no idea how I even lasted that long! How am I supposed to deal with her?

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Update: I went in with a team that knew her cheats, and one of them had a boatload of ice dispel. Since I'm fire, I kept spamming meteor shower, most of the time I was able to use gargantuan attached to it.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2011
Loreis04 wrote:
I just finished Avalon, primarily solo the entire way. Ghosts of Avalon was insanely hard solo, but I managed it. I used henchmen for Sir Mallory, Morganthe and the two dragons at the end. Pendgragon, for some reason, was pretty simple. (Have a big fire resist-it helps immensely!) Using my spinyfish pet that adds 9% global resist was key, loading Morganthe up with ice dispels was extremely important and patience is definitely a must. This is not a short instance, you will be there awhile. Now, if I could only finish Waterworks! :)

Erin Ice Weaver, Arch Mage Ice Wizard

I also managed to solo young morganthe - but also am an ice wizard. Our dispels are the key, and I think harder for off school wizards to keep enough dispels on her and still enough pips to do anything. I waited until I had 2 or 3 dispels on her before I did anything to trigger the mammoth. It was a very slow fight - and only using 4 pip attacks did make it a very long fight.
It can be done solo (at least for an ice) - Central wiki was a life saver for me. I studied the guide first, and built my deck accordingly. I didn't pack any spells over 4 pips, no shields or traps, only used my pet blade, and made sure I had reshuffle (needed to reshuffle 2 or 3 times)

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
If she is impossible...how come i have the Hero of Avalon badge and level 80?

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
You know what I am sick of? People complaining every time KI makes a boss that cheats. People fight these bosses, lose and they come here whining about it.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2011
Ok It not inpossible.All you need is get friends and like one or two storm studens.

Then change deck to spells that less than 8 pips,cause if you have 8 pip she will mamna burn you,and plz dont use wands.Make sure you got plenty of health,lot of resist and attacks,criticals block,no blades,or trap,When you are gonna heals plz do it wisely.Caue she will use mammoth on you. Good luck.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
brwoodruff on Sep 27, 2012 wrote:
Wow. What a waste of my time and my crowns. No matter what I started with, Young Morganthe would go first, use the mammoth, then use the mammoth again, the my pet would heal, then Young Morganthe again with death - all before I even played one card. I was down 3000 life before I even went. Then wasted crowns buying 3 henchman that got blown away. No friends could port or get in dungeon unless they are on same level. I think I'm done with this game. I've finally hit my stopping point. I'm tired of paying a monthly fee for this game. Good luck to the rest of you. KingsIsle has gotten too much of my money and now my wizard is just getting abused. I'm all for fighting harder opponents - but not this way. Take care everybody, it's been real. No Pirates101 for me either - I can see KingsIsle stacking the deck in that one as well. CYA!!! Sloan Dragonblood has retired!!!!
So odd you should mention your wizard getting abused because that is the way I felt also.

Altho I have completed this instance twice it was no fun. I did look it up on Wizard101Central.com and printed out the way the fight goes but since none of the cheats are concrete all we did know was throw many melts on her and use low pip spells - if you gather more then 6 she takes them away from you but you still can cast the spell but then you are bombed after.

The first time though we had 2 Life wizards and 1 Death and it seemed to go much better then the second time when we replaced 1 Life with a Storm that had issues figuring out how to get and use melt - it was a disaster and we had to take another go at it after we visited the library for a batch more melts and explained how to put them in the sideboard and we were in there way to long for my liking.

Fighting PenDragon is almost a relief but do not like that you have to complete these 2 long drawn out instances to complete this world. It was fun watching him do damage to his self.

I have no idea what the story line here is or was because it was just a matter of getting this world done I don't even remember what 1/2 of it looked like.

I entered Azteca but won't be questing there, it is way beyond what I want to abuse my wizard with.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
Young morganthe uses three spells when she cheats wooly mammoth,power nova, and earthquake the reason she uses that is because of blades and traps.So if you wanna defeat her just attack and heal. Hope this helps

Survivor
Dec 09, 2011
i saw that she keeps casting mammoth but im only level 39 but i think there could be a way with those fire spells......

Survivor
Dec 09, 2011
know how to beat her. astral spells,