Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New! Utility Spells for All Schools

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Mass Prism Spells
Zone: The Wild
Minimum Level Requirement: 70
Quest Completion Requirement: "Into the Nest"
Talk to: Quest completion unlocks a vendor who will offer these spells to train

Utility Spell #1
Zone: Caliburn
Minimum Level Requirement: 72
Quest Completion Requirement: "No Pain, No Agravaine" from Friar Nolan
Quest Completion Requirement: level 35 & 55 school spell quest from Erik Wyrdrune in Northguard (Click for more info)

Utility Spell #2
Zone: High Road
Minimum Level Requirement: 75
Quest Completion Requirement: Above Level 72 Utility Spell Quest
Quest Completion Requirement: "Always After Me Charms" from Fianna Yellowknife

Spear Spells
Zone: The Wild
Minimum Level Requirement: 80
Quest Completion Requirement: "Lair of the Winter Wyrm"
Talk to: Quest completion unlocks Clare Brighteyes who will offer these spells to train


community@wizard101.com
Defender
Feb 23, 2010
163
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Mass Prism Spells
Zone: The Wild
Minimum Level Requirement: 70
Quest Completion Requirement: "Into the Nest"
Talk to: Quest completion unlocks a vendor who will offer these spells to train

Utility Spell #1
Zone: Caliburn
Minimum Level Requirement: 72
Quest Completion Requirement: "No Pain, No Agravaine" from Friar Nolan
Quest Completion Requirement: level 35 & 55 school spell quest from Erik Wyrdrune in Northguard (Click for more info)

Utility Spell #2
Zone: High Road
Minimum Level Requirement: 75
Quest Completion Requirement: Above Level 72 Utility Spell Quest
Quest Completion Requirement: "Always After Me Charms" from Fianna Yellowknife

Spear Spells
Zone: The Wild
Minimum Level Requirement: 80
Quest Completion Requirement: "Lair of the Winter Wyrm"
Talk to: Quest completion unlocks Clare Brighteyes who will offer these spells to train


Actually, I got the quest for my healing current spell at level 73 the way I would any other quest. I completed it, got my spell, and went about my business. When I hit level 75 I got a message from Fianna Yellowknife to come see her to learn some new magic. When I got there she had nothing to say to me because I had already got the spell from her.

Champion
Aug 10, 2009
453
Well I reached level 75 and I got a call from fianna but she has nothing for me. I did the prequests.

olivia

Defender
Aug 26, 2010
116
the current release notes states the lvl 75 spell is available at lvl 72 but will be fixed when they do the next update. So you may get the spell quest long before you are actually "called" to get it.

Champion
Aug 10, 2009
453
TamelaD wrote:
the current release notes states the lvl 75 spell is available at lvl 72 but will be fixed when they do the next update. So you may get the spell quest long before you are actually "called" to get it.


Yes I think that is what happened. Thank you


Survivor
Jul 11, 2010
3
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Mass Prism Spells
Zone: The Wild
Minimum Level Requirement: 70
Quest Completion Requirement: "Into the Nest"
Talk to: Quest completion unlocks a vendor who will offer these spells to train

Utility Spell #1
Zone: Caliburn
Minimum Level Requirement: 72
Quest Completion Requirement: "No Pain, No Agravaine" from Friar Nolan
Quest Completion Requirement: level 35 & 55 school spell quest from Erik Wyrdrune in Northguard (Click for more info)

Utility Spell #2
Zone: High Road
Minimum Level Requirement: 75
Quest Completion Requirement: Above Level 72 Utility Spell Quest
Quest Completion Requirement: "Always After Me Charms" from Fianna Yellowknife

Spear Spells
Zone: The Wild
Minimum Level Requirement: 80
Quest Completion Requirement: "Lair of the Winter Wyrm"
Talk to: Quest completion unlocks Clare Brighteyes who will offer these spells to train


I have completed everything, gave Ambrose the sword, and Clare Brighteyes still did not come up with anything new. What did I miss?

Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
42
I like the idea of the myth spell dimension shift, but since you rarely use the soekk six pips is a lot to spend on that spell. I would like it better if it costs 2 or 3 pips

Survivor
Dec 02, 2010
46
I've a level 77 Balance, and I was told by Yellowknife to come see her for a new Spell! I have went back to her Numerous times even after I log off and went back to her. Exactly how many new spells is there for Balance? I got my First two: SuperNova which attacks Aura only and Something that hits on Pips and takes away 3 pips. When I do use this spell and it takes away the 3 pips, that character still attacks with with a higher pip spell then what is in front of it! Why? There is still allot of work to be done to get Avalon fix and done right!
Also Why have we not gotten better items to give us more Pips? The Boss's starting with 4 or more Golden pips is ridiculous, when we only start with just 2 pips! Please get this fix!
Thanks
William ThunderSword

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
40
I beat the Lair of the Winter Wyrm mission before I was level 80. What do I do now for the spell for level 80?

Survivor
Sep 02, 2010
2
So basically you have to do GH/ WT before you can get some spells?

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
56
e4e5nc3 wrote:
I beat the Lair of the Winter Wyrm mission before I was level 80. What do I do now for the spell for level 80?


The trainer person is just outside that dungeon, they give pierce spells.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
1
Myth spells are very weak and cost too many pips! Shift only allows a push for one turn, therefore should only cost 2 pips. The dimensinal shift is outrageous. After using pips to summon a minion, then Myth has to spend 6 more pips to exchange everything! The spell should only cost 2 pips as well or instead of exchanging everything, it should just grab all from the minion and give to the wizard. Very sad that Myth is always overlooked when spells are being used.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
1
ThunderSrtike wrote:
Myth spells are very weak and cost too many pips! Shift only allows a push for one turn, therefore should only cost 2 pips. The dimensinal shift is outrageous. After using pips to summon a minion, then Myth has to spend 6 more pips to exchange everything! The spell should only cost 2 pips as well or instead of exchanging everything, it should just grab all from the minion and give to the wizard. Very sad that Myth is always overlooked when spells are being used.


Every school has advantages as well as disadvantages look at medusa she stuns you for to turns lol the amount of pips dont matter it all depends on how you are useing your spells and cards

~Blaze swiftflame

Historian
May 15, 2009
673
Apparently Fianna is a lot like Ambrose, in a sense that she will call wizards with messages, but not actually have anything new for them =/

Survivor
Jun 03, 2010
6
Thechaosmagician wrote:
Apparently Fianna is a lot like Ambrose, in a sense that she will call wizards with messages, but not actually have anything new for them =/


The Owl Bug xD

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
54
harvicko1 wrote:
ThunderSrtike wrote:
Myth spells are very weak and cost too many pips! Shift only allows a push for one turn, therefore should only cost 2 pips. The dimensinal shift is outrageous. After using pips to summon a minion, then Myth has to spend 6 more pips to exchange everything! The spell should only cost 2 pips as well or instead of exchanging everything, it should just grab all from the minion and give to the wizard. Very sad that Myth is always overlooked when spells are being used.


Every school has advantages as well as disadvantages look at medusa she stuns you for to turns lol the amount of pips dont matter it all depends on how you are useing your spells and cards

~Blaze swiftflame


Myth spells are weak it is simple. Medusa sure strong, but does not do as much damage as effret and does not leave a weaknes of -90 then the fire wizard can stun you or smoke you next round.

that was a weak statment.

Myth new spells are beyond bad, every school got amazing bew spells, MAGAburn is probly the best, then myth last.

why would a myth use shift in pvp, maybe if your not a good player you would. but for 4 pips to push what is left with DOT spell os bad most DOT do most of there damage first round. use triage 0 pips and heal or earth and remove shields and blades. shift to push what is left of a DOT to a player that would have shields and blades is not smart in any way.

the dimensional shift make me hit my head against the wall.

this spell was made for people with no knowledge about how pvp works. all myth minions can be killed easy by all schools and they do it, moslty with lower pip cost spells then it took you to make yours. Minions are slow to blade and trap. talso does not shield and cast stuns more than you can count.
when he does blade he uses it right away for a weak attack. he has not defense.

all the other myth minions are weaker.. if myth had a minion like the fire, balance or death and had defense this spell at cough cough 6 pips might be used but only to a player that has not pvp skill.

myth has super weak spells now. they are stuck with weak minion. low health double attack stun only weak earth you need to use it to keep alive. no healing no weakness no cosy per pip damage. but hey we have stun stun stun and most bosses it does not work and in pvp most people block it. so myth has nothing now. no good tricks. just old bad though out ones.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
4
WNewman001 wrote:
I've a level 77 Balance, and I was told by Yellowknife to come see her for a new Spell! I have went back to her Numerous times even after I log off and went back to her. Exactly how many new spells is there for Balance? I got my First two: SuperNova which attacks Aura only and Something that hits on Pips and takes away 3 pips. When I do use this spell and it takes away the 3 pips, that character still attacks with with a higher pip spell then what is in front of it! Why? There is still allot of work to be done to get Avalon fix and done right!
Also Why have we not gotten better items to give us more Pips? The Boss's starting with 4 or more Golden pips is ridiculous, when we only start with just 2 pips! Please get this fix!
Thanks
William ThunderSword


Each school gets a total of four(4) spells. Two(2) from quests and another two(2) from trainers-a mass prism spell and a spear spell. However, since balance does not use prisms (therefore, neither do they use mass prisms) there is instead two(2) tri-spears (elemental/spirit spear). I kinda wish they had a balance spear quest or something, but maybe in the future. :) The two(2) quest spells are Manaburn and Supernova. Manaburn is like an odd twist on an "X" spell: it does damage depending on how many pips the OPPONENT has, then takes away 3 pips. However wizards can still cast any spell they were casting that turn, it doesn't interrupt it. Supernova destroys am aura and deals damage, so it is very situational. However it can be very usefull in order to get rid of a conviction or a fortify (before a teammate attacks) or even an amplify to weaken the incoming attack.
On a side note, who else LOVES fire's backdraft :D (take that storm!).