Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire Wizard Loadout

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 14, 2014
So I jsut hit level 75 on my pyron mancer and am still using gear from zafaria even boots from celestia, a friend said I need to change my loadout. I just don't know whats really important, like do I want to go for critical rate or critical block rate. Do I want more damage percentage or more resistance. Can someoen please help me out on what should be my optimal loadout. If you want to show me in game, I am in the Ambrose realm and am currently in Avalon and am fighting the dark knight in upper Caer Lyon.

Defender
Mar 12, 2018
PyroCynictral on Oct 11, 2018 wrote:
So I jsut hit level 75 on my pyron mancer and am still using gear from zafaria even boots from celestia, a friend said I need to change my loadout. I just don't know whats really important, like do I want to go for critical rate or critical block rate. Do I want more damage percentage or more resistance. Can someoen please help me out on what should be my optimal loadout. If you want to show me in game, I am in the Ambrose realm and am currently in Avalon and am fighting the dark knight in upper Caer Lyon.
Hey Pyro!

Im not sure what gear you are still using from those levels, but if it isn't "Waterworks" or "House of Scales" gear then you are going to want to farm for that in the dungeon of the same name. Either of these gear sets will significantly increase your damage and resist over bazaar bought gear. It may take you some time to get hat+robe+boots but it will be well worth it, as it will make leveling after that 10x easier.

The good news is that these are popular dungeons to farm for gear so you should be able to find help by using team up pretty easily. Once you have your gear set from either of these dungeons it will easily carry you to level 100 and the only pieces that will need adjusting will be the ring and athame as you level up. I hope this helps, and good luck!

Cheers,
Nathan

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
At level 75, your friend was indeed correct in you updating your gear.

The gear you're currently wearing (without me even knowing your stats) seems to be a recipe for disaster.

I noticed you made no mention of your pet or jewelry alongside an athame; all this is also very important!

Now, generally on all my wizards, I always make strong attempts to keep all my stats high except Critical Block. To increase your block usually means sacrificing stats elsewhere such as damage or Critical Hit. Even so, you'll need a Critical Block of at least 50% to be blocking spells on a semi-frequent basis and even then, it's only 50%.

So, it's not worth it, instead, focus on core stats such as your offensive stats and your resistance (this is how you will survive an enemy's "criticalled" hit).

So, what gear should you look onto getting?

I'll list a few sets:

Waterworks Gear - Your friend might've mentioned this. Run the WW Dungeon in Crab Alley, Wizard City a couple times for your full WW Set. Don't be deturbed if you fail to gain any jobs the first couple times. Persistence is good!

Crafted Gear - This is usually my favorite and go to gear when I don't have any other choice, or the choices I do have are completely subpar. Now, at your level, I recommend you visit Lewelyn in Dun Dora, Avalon to craft your hat (Knightly Helm) and robe (.Horned Vestment).

Attempted Javascript Attack With COLOR

I also recommend picking up the Courtly Dirk from him as well.

More coming up.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Continuing...

Your amulet.

At this point, I recommend just using an amulet that gives you an extra Fireblade card. Shango's Fireblade Amulet is a popular one. It's occasionally available at the Bazaar. Can be pricey however. The Chosen Chief's Amulet is an upgrade to this. It's dropped from numerous bosses around Avalon.

Your ring.

Now, not too groundbreaking, but until you get to level 90, you can just go with the Ruby Ring of Battle, it's commonly available at the Bazaar.

Another alternative is the Toasty Band of the Fire Elves again available from a few bosses in Avalon.

Now, your wand.

What wand are you using?
The best and most effective wands at your level are usually available within packs. Unfortunately, the drop rate for the specific wand you'll need (one boosting stats) can be rare to drop. So, if you've crowns, explore the Road Warrior's Pack or again, the Professor Hoard's Pack.

Pet

Finally, the one critter that will tie all your gear pieces together is your pet! Your pet is your lifelong quest partner; one that will always be there with you in every battle!

So, with it's importance at an all time high, you need to find one that will sustain you effectively.

Again, here, I recommend having one with at least damage and resistance - whether you want one that heals is up to you or whether you want more of damage percentage over critical ratings is also up to you. But, one providing resistance can greatly help to survive those critical hits from your opponents.

Visit the Kiosk inside Pet Pavilion to get started if you haven't already. One that gives a Fireblade can be very helpful.

Let us know if they're any questions!

Good Luck!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Also,

I wanted to make mention of using Jewels!

Jewels are very useful; particularly the ones boosting critical, pierce, health, resistances, giving useful cards and accuracy.

Notice I made no mention of Block, or Out-going/In-Coming boosts. Don't waste your slots on that.

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
Which time zone. We're all over the world (and the Spiral too!).