Welcome to the November 2012 Update Notes Page. What are Update Notes you ask? Every time we update Wizard101, we like to let our players know what changes have been made and what new additions have been given to the game. Update Notes explain those changes and updates.
This month brings a new mystery to the Spiral in the form of the new world of Azteca plus new rank 10 spells, new Astral spells and much more!
Explore the New World of Azteca!
Azteca is home to the Aztecosaurs; the oldest race in the Spiral. Long believed to have been lost, this world now lives in peril of being destroyed...
Players who are a minimum of level 75*
and who have completed the Avalon quest "A Great Storm Coming" must speak to Cyrus Drake in Ravenwood
(not Merle like you usually do). He will send you along to Marleybone for a very unique experience. Completing Cyrus' quest will give you the Spiral Key to Azteca.
The Quest "A Great Storm Coming" would have given you the badge: "Hero of Avalon".
Access Pass Prices
For our Crowns players, Azteca is broken up into 6 different zones. These zones will cost 1995 Crowns each for a total of 11970 Crowns to purchase the entire world of Azteca.
*this requirement was dropped from level 80 to level 75
in February of 2014
Wizards can now achieve Level 90!
With the addition of Azteca, Wizards can now reach the maximum level of 90 and achieve a new title badge!
This means all new gear and equipment for Wizards over level 80, and it also means new challenges that will test even the most experienced player.
Please remember, when you were at the previous level maximum of 80 no experience was rewarded for duels and quests completed when you were level 80. When a player reaches the maximum level, their experience bar disappears, indicating they are not gaining experience from their duels or quests. No experience is rewarded to those who are at the maximum level, which means that everyone who was level 80 before we raised the level cap will be level 80 to start. Now that we have raised the level cap and you can once again start earning new experience points from your adventures.
Experience was not earned when you were level 80 and therefore cannot be granted after the level cap is raised.
Training Points will be awarded at level 85 and 90 as usual, plus there will be bonus Training Points available through quests in Azteca.
New Rank 10 Damage Spells
New Rank 10 Damage spells for all schools! These powerful damage spells must be earned through a challenging quest specific to your main school of focus.If you are a minimum of level 88 and have obtained your level 68 spell quest, speak to your Professor to receive a quest for your level 88 spell.
To qualify for the quest "Spiny Happy People" Life Wizards must have completed "The Green Mile" quest, the Wintertusk quest "Nordrilund Exposure" and be Level 88 or higher.
To qualify for the quest "Hold That Tiger" Balance Wizards must have completed "It!" quest, the Wintertusk quest "Nordrilund Exposure" and be Level 88 or higher.
To qualify for the quest "Avenging Assembly" Death Wizards must have completed "Bag of Bones" quest, the Wintertusk quest "Nordrilund Exposure" and be Level 88 or higher.
To qualify for the quest "Mark your Calendar" Myth Wizards must have completed "Eyes of the Dragon" quest, the Wintertusk quest "Nordrilund Exposure" and be Level 88 or higher.
To qualify for the quest "Storm Warning" Storm Wizards must have completed "Hearts in Atlantis" quest, the Wintertusk quest "Nordrilund Exposure" and be Level 88 or higher.
To qualify for the quest "Winter is Coming" Ice Wizards must have completed "Misery" quest, the Wintertusk quest "Nordrilund Exposure" and be Level 88 or higher.
To qualify for the quest "Sunny Fundays" Fire Wizards must have completed "Firestarter" quest, the Wintertusk quest "Nordrilund Exposure" and be Level 88 or higher.
New Combat Tutorials!
Diego has new combat tutorials for players who are level 20 and higher and level 50 and higher!
Diego's level 20 tutorial called "Hard to Resist" will teach players about Resistance to spells, How to use Prisms, Global spells and Stun Shields.
Diego's level 50 tutorial replaces the old "Fighter's Block" tutorial with a new enhanced "Arrow to the Knee"
tutorial which will teach players about Critical and Block, Armor Piercing and Astral Spells.
Visit Diego in Unicorn Way today!
These are updates to Crafting, Gardening & Housing
New Crafting Levels!
Avid Crafters can now reach the next level of Crafting to become a Transcendent Crafter. If you have completed the quest "Drum a Little Drum" in Zafaria, speak to Oztomecca the Weaver to be given the quest "Making the Grade" which will challenge you like never before.
Other Crafting Updates
- Interacting with a Crafting Station will only display the recipes that can be crafted at that station
- Recipes now sort alphabetically.
- Small soil can now be arranged like small pots
- Players can now see, but not use, Gardening Treasure cards before they are level 12 and/or have completed the Gardening introduction quest
- Gardening Experience Totals will now display correctly
- The correct Likes & Dislikes of many plants now display properly on the seed description
- Objects can now be placed inside the Shark Hut
- The label on the Crate of Vegetables is now spelled correctly. Gobblers can't spell very well.
- Lights on the Yuletide tree housing decoration will now twinkle (just in time to be thinking about Yuletide...)
These are updates and changes to Shopping & Inventory
- Wizards under level 80 can have a maximum of 300 000 Gold and Wizards over level 80 can have a maximum of 350 000 Gold to accommodate the higher value items available at that level
- Players should now see the correct gold amount when selling directly from their bank
- Players who have the maximum number of Treasure Cards will receive the message 'Treasure Cards Full' when attempting to purchase cards from the Bazaar.
- Players can now see the total number of Treasure Cards they have in their inventory on the Treasure Card page of their spellbook
- "Buy More" and "Sell More" features added to the Bazaar Treasure Card section that will allow you to buy and sell Treasure Cards in bulk
- "Buy More" features added to the Treasure Card shops that will allow you to buy Treasure Cards in bulk
New Ways to buy High Level Gear
New high level gear in the Crown Shop is available in two different ways:
- By individual item - purchase just the hat, just the robe or just the boots individually.
- By set - purchase the set as a single item and get a discount!*
*purchasing the set means purchasing the one item that offers all three pieces at once. It does not mean buying the hat, then the boots, then the robe in any order.
- Prices have been adjusted for many older weapons and outfits
- The Trophies tab in the Bazaar, and Housing and Furniture windows, is now a "Music Scrolls" tab
- Players should no longer encounter an error message when selling a deck from their bank
- Crown Shop sorting arrows now displaying properly
- If you try to purchase a Henchman when there are no empty available spots in the duel, you will receive the message "Your duel circle is full, you cannot purchase a Henchman."
These are Miscellaneous Updates and Fixes
Menu Chat Updates
- The duplicate "I like your pet!" has been removed from Menu Chat
- The phrases "Let's Meet in Avalon!" and "Let's go to Avalon" as well as similar phrases for Azteca, have been added to Menu Chat
Text Chat Updates
- The @ symbol can no longer be used to replace the letter a in typed text chat
- Players should no longer get stuck on the wall of ice in Sudriland! Yay!
- Players should no longer get trapped in an empty combat sigil after dueling Rasik Pridefall in Zafaria's Black Palace
- Legion Shield should now cloak for the entire friendly team, not just the caster
- Bad Juju spell can now be cloaked
- Dark Pact spell can now be cloaked
- Players disconnected during a PvP match will not receive rewards at the end of the match
- Some of the creatures in Azteca have Mastery Amulets
- Lighting in the Celestia PvP Arena has been toned down a bit
- Health wisps have been added to Elephant's Graveyard in Zafaria
- Some creatures in Celestia will have more sounds when they're hit or are defeated
- Creatures of the Spiral that had a little 'hiccup' in their step should walk much more smoothly.