Company Ramps up Hiring Initiatives and Sets Sights on Ambitious Goals for 2011
PLANO, TEXAS (January 24, 2011) – KingsIsle Entertainment’s online game Wizard101 achieved record performance in 2010 across multiple key indicators, including:
- Unique visitors to Wizard101.com (a key indicator of an online game’s operational health) increased steadily throughout 2010. Of particular note, in December unique visitors to the site increased more than 300% year-over-year. This increase is verified by external monitoring sites such as compete.com http://siteanalytics.compete.com/wizard101.com/
- Online analytics firm comScore ranked Wizard101.com #5 on the list of top gaining large websites (by unique visitors) for the month of August: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/comscore-media-metrix-ranks-top-50-us-web-properties-for-august-2010-103652054.html
- Wizard101’s total number of registered players increased to over 15 million from U.S. operations alone. This total does not include European edition registrations
- Wizard101 experienced unprecedented recognition by the Industry in 2010, receiving multiple awards including Best MMO of 2010 from Beckett Media’s Massive Online Gamer Magazine and Best Family MMO of the Decade from Massively.com. The comprehensive list of all awards received in 2010 can be found at www.wizard101.com/game/accolades
“2010 was a great year for KingsIsle and December was our best operational month ever,” said Elie Akilian, Chairman and CEO of KingsIsle Entertainment. “We’ve set ambitious goals for 2011. It should be a very exciting time for us at KingsIsle and for those who play our games.”
About KingsIsle Entertainment, Inc.
- In the first months of 2011, KingsIsle Entertainment plans to ramp up hiring across the company, eventually increasing staffing levels by approximately 25 percent. Information about KingsIsle careers can be found at www.kingsisle.com/jobs
- KingsIsle will continue to add new content and systems to Wizard101 with multiple enhancements anticipated throughout the year.
KingsIsle Entertainment is a developer and publisher that specializes in creating high-quality massively multiplayer online games which provide entertainment for the entire family. Wizard101, KingsIsle’s flagship property, has received the Parent Tested Parent Approved Media Seal of Approval in 2009 and has been recognized by the National Parenting Publications Awards. Wizard101 was named Best MMO of 2010 by Beckett Massive Online Gamer Magazine, Best Family MMO of the Decade by Massively.com and the #1 Best Family Game of 2009 by MMORPG.com. The company’s experienced and creative team is raising the bar in online entertainment by offering products with rich storylines, friendly navigation, top-quality art and fully-voiced characters. KingsIsle is headquartered in Plano, Texas, and has a development studio in Austin, Texas. For more information, please visit www.kingsisle.com.
KingsIsle and Wizard101 are trademarks or registered trademarks of KingsIsle Entertainment, Inc.