Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Zafaria Pop Culture References

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Anyone catch any?

I've noticed Belloq is dressed very similar to Indiana Jone's rival in Raiders of the Lost Ark (and shares the name too).

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
I noticed that Hannibal Onetusk and his partner, Sobaka, are clever references to Han Solo and his partner Chewbacca.

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
Also in the same place where he is, there's like a little statue that looks like the idol from the movie too

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Zeke's quest is called "Hey, hey we're the monkeys", alluding to the popular rock band and tv show, "The Monkeys", back in the olden days 8)

Ya, I'm ancient, but that just means I'm closer to epic than most of my pets!

And now I have that theme song and "I'm a Believer" stuck in my head...

Qbb

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
queenlybluebean wrote:

Ya, I'm ancient, but that just means I'm closer to epic than most of my pets!

LOL!
.. cute :)

Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
- the spell towards the end of zamunda : ah win ba wah ah win bah wa (or something like that :D)

- the tarzan reference with zantar the dog that was raised by gorillas lol

- the professor who quest (doctor who)

I really like this world lol. Props to KI!!

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
Also, there was a quest called "The Morning Report". A reference to the song from the Lion King. And, I'm pretty sure there was an Elephant Graveyard in the Lion King, too.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
willwolf64 wrote:
Also, there was a quest called "The Morning Report". A reference to the song from the Lion King. And, I'm pretty sure there was an Elephant Graveyard in the Lion King, too.

Now that you mention it, wasn't a password or spell incantation one of the lyrics to a song in Lion King

"A wem a way, A wem a way"

Champion
May 03, 2011
Not pop culture exactly, but I liked Esop Thornpaw. You remember the story from Aesop's Fables...

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Hey, back with more. Good work with the "aah wee mo wah" incantation, nagashiki. In Drum Jungle, another incantation goes along the lines of: "Ooh eeh ah ah ting tang wallah wallah bing bang". I think it's part of a song though I'm not sure.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
I've also noticed some Jewish references, such as someone's name being Solomon, and tthe giant bugs being Goliaths.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
There's a quest called "Helter Skelter" in Zamunda. The name is a reference to the song by the Beatles.

The name "Zamunda" is a reference to the movie, "Coming to America".

Oh my, I feel a research project coming on...

Iridian Shadowweaver, painfully close to being a Legendary Artisan

"Oh, for a windfall of fossils!"

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
bionaknight wrote:
Hey, back with more. Good work with the "aah wee mo wah" incantation, nagashiki. In Drum Jungle, another incantation goes along the lines of: "Ooh eeh ah ah ting tang wallah wallah bing bang". I think it's part of a song though I'm not sure.

Nice! The Chipmunks's song: Witch Doctor.

Explorer
May 11, 2010
In Stone Town, I got a quest called Quiet Riot, which was the name of a famous band. There's also a quest called Know Your Enemy which might be a reference to a song written by Green Day that is also called Know Your Enemy. :D

Defender
Feb 12, 2011
The Flamingo professor in Drum Jungle uses lines out of the song :Eternal Flame" by the Bangles. :)

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
:DKoko smokesign says an incantation, "Oh-e-oh-ah-ah-bing-bang-walla-walla-bing bang." I forget where i heard it, but i know its from somewhere. :D

Explorer
Aug 20, 2009
One of the passwords is: Nants ingonyama ma bakithi baba. This is the opening African chant in The Circle of Life from The Lion King.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
At the end of Stone Town, there is a quest called "Welcome to the Jungle".

*Makes rock fingers*

Iridian/qbb

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Just made a new connection. Jorton Whoghard, the zookeeper in Stone Town. He's an elephant, who's name rhymes with Norton, with Who in his last name. Thus, Horton Hears a Who! (Bet not that many people got that one 0_0)

Cya in the Spiral,

Pauk Stormglade, Transcended Diviner

Go Sparks!

Champion
May 03, 2011
Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
Another is the quest "The silver queen" wich is similar to the book "the silver chair"

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
The boat "Dancing Queen" is an allusion to the popular disco song in the 70's by the band Abba!

I've had that song in my head for 4 days now:

"You can dance, you can jive, havin' the time of your life
See that girl, watch that scene, diggin' the dancing queen"!

Disco Wookie aka Forest Lord Oscar loves that song 8)

LOLZ,

Qbb

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
Just made a new connection. Jorton Whoghard, the zookeeper in Stone Town. He's an elephant, who's name rhymes with Norton, with Who in his last name. Thus, Horton Hears a Who! (Bet not that many people got that one 0_0)

LOL, nice one!

Qbb

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
I did say there was a research project beckoning...

"Spin Me Right Round" in Elissa's Tomb is a reference to the song by the same name by the 80's band, Dead or Alive.

"Heart of Darkness", the quest to Mirror Lake, is a reference to the novel of the same name by Joseph Conrad.

Dang, these Zafaria references are getting pretty sophisticated.

Kudos to the Easter Egg geniuses at Kings Isle

Punnily Yours,

Qbb

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Somewhere there is a Boss fight against a Zebra and a Giant Tree Creature (like the trees from Floating Land). It has to be a Gumby and Pokey tribute. The tree looks just like Gumby. And of course Pokey was a horse. If you don't know who Gumby and Pokey are, then I'll just sneak quietly out of the room while trying to hide my age.