Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Zafaria or Wintertusk?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2010
I'm a level 65 Theurgist currently halfway through Celestia, and as I pay by crowns, am debating which area to buy next with my remaining crowns (as I might not make another purchase for quite some time)

My main concerns:
- if I already have the full Waterworks gear, will the Wintertusk gear be necessary to aid my progress?
- I have already gotten my level 58 pet quest for Forest Lord, which requires Wintertusk. Although I probably won't use the pet, as I already have a boosted Life pet, I am concerned if this will hinder future progress.
- I haven't completed Ravenscar but have completed everything leading up to it, as well as everything in the main worlds (including side quests)
- I might miss out on the Sun spells in Zafaria if I choose Wintertusk over it

Any advice or thoughts?
(P.s. Is house of scales worth it...? My little brother is 3k crowns short of Big Ben and I want to give him my crowns... But I'm also curious about House of Scales in Krok, part 3 of the 4 dungeons.)

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
If your crowns are severely limited, then I'd advise you stick to the main questlines. Go through Celestia, Zafaria, Avalon, etc. Save Wintertusk for when you have some extra cash. You're going to want to do Wintertusk eventually, if possible, because it leads to several very useful utility spells and all of your school pets from level 58 upwards. Try to do it by the time you're ready to start Azteca but ... if you can't, it's okay.

You can put it off indefinitely if cash is still an issue later on.

Since you have full Waterworks, having the Wintertusk gear won't be necessary for you. Ditto for House of Scales. The gear is similar to Waterworks but with more emphasis on damage and critical. Waterworks carries most people all the way to level 100.

I'm not sure why you think you would miss out on Sun spells if you did Wintertusk...? Unless you just mean that you can only afford one world or the other - in which case, like I said, Zafaria is the main priority.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
May 01, 2010
Freshta on Jul 31, 2018 wrote:
If your crowns are severely limited, then I'd advise you stick to the main questlines. Go through Celestia, Zafaria, Avalon, etc. Save Wintertusk for when you have some extra cash. You're going to want to do Wintertusk eventually, if possible, because it leads to several very useful utility spells and all of your school pets from level 58 upwards. Try to do it by the time you're ready to start Azteca but ... if you can't, it's okay.

You can put it off indefinitely if cash is still an issue later on.

Since you have full Waterworks, having the Wintertusk gear won't be necessary for you. Ditto for House of Scales. The gear is similar to Waterworks but with more emphasis on damage and critical. Waterworks carries most people all the way to level 100.

I'm not sure why you think you would miss out on Sun spells if you did Wintertusk...? Unless you just mean that you can only afford one world or the other - in which case, like I said, Zafaria is the main priority.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven
Thanks so much!
Yes, I am only able to afford one world or the other. I've decided to get Zafaria after looking over your post and some evaluation on my own.
I appreciate all the advice and help!

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
I can understand the Sun school problem. It's located in Drum Jungle (Zafaria) and has level 64 spells. Completing Wintertusk first will mean he is at least 70 before getting to Drum Jungle, meaning you can miss out on that Sun spell for awhile. It's not a big problem but something to consider.

Survivor
May 06, 2012
Personally, I would recommend Zafaria if your crowns are limited. Otherwise, I would have suggested Wintertusk, which is a nice experience boost that you need getting into those later worlds. I soloed it after finishing Mooshu, and personally found it challenging, but in a good way seeing as Mooshu was rather easy.