Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

why does everyone like zafaria?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 18, 2014
Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
Who likes it?? I abhor it and all of my friends do too. But they did make it a lot easier by getting rid of a few collecting quests.

Happy questing Wizard!

Survivor
Nov 27, 2016
After they made Zafaria easier everyone 'liked' it because it wasn't as rubbish as before. Although I genuinely like the storyline too ;D

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Brilliantly designed areas and characters and plotlines, not many cheating bosses, and the kill & collect quests have been nerfed so it's easier. All that being said, my Balance (who was grossly too high-level for where they were) barely scratched his way by Belloq with the help of a Henchman. I hate Belloq after that, looking forward to showing him who's boss again soon enough though.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
martianhunter09 on Oct 24, 2016 wrote:
Who likes it?? I abhor it and all of my friends do too. But they did make it a lot easier by getting rid of a few collecting quests.

Happy questing Wizard!
I went through when it was packed full of Defeat and Collect quests and didn't enjoy it at all. A friend of mine actually ended up quitting Wizard101 due to the world. I'm very happy the world has had the amount of grind greatly reduced; I'll have to work back to it on another wizard to see if it's fun, now.

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
A great storyline which I think first morganthe is introduced in mirror lake also.

Alejandro

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Lol, I like the concept, the Mobs being animals etc, it's really cool. Nice getaway, you know?

Before the update to tone it down. I really hated it. The most common message you would see there is;

"Did Not Collect X Item, Try Again!" Over, and over.

Don't get me wrong, I still see this message and just like Beggars, it won't go away, but at least I don't see it as often now (Post-Update)

Plus, it doesn't feel as long and draining as some of the other worlds.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
The story line is awesome, the theme is awesome, and the mobs are not too hard and not too easy. The collecting quest problem has been nerfed so it isn't that annoying anymore and now the people who complain about the collecting quests are just exaggerating.

Explorer
Oct 26, 2012
I've always liked the storyline of Zafaria - but not until recently have I liked the quests. When I first did Zafaria on my ice, it was super hard ( anyone who played it before the nerf knows how annoying the defeat and collects were ). But now, my second time doing it, on my storm I've enjoyed it, since its a bit easier.

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
I like zafaria even with all the collect quests. the only thing I don't like is battling other ice mobs but theres nothing I can do about that

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
reyes107 on Dec 22, 2016 wrote:
A great storyline which I think first morganthe is introduced in mirror lake also.

Alejandro
actually morganthe was introduced in celestia when you had to fight big salgio in the chancel

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
Because mirror lake. You'll see a lot of people farming it for pixie sticks and other stuff.

Defender
Jan 15, 2014
Because the scenery is super pretty and so is the music. I really liked questing in Zafaria

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
I loved Zafaria from the moment I entered, those defeat and collect quests never bothered me and I managed to solo a good portion of the dungeons there.
It's the music, scenery, and the NPC's you meet that makes Zafaria one of my favorite worlds!

Survivor
Dec 01, 2012
Darthvarian on Jan 4, 2017 wrote:
Because mirror lake. You'll see a lot of people farming it for pixie sticks and other stuff.
An old friend told me to give u this TFC
DSRTZ49C

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
I like it because the KingsIsle programmers have somehow written code for the Mirror Lake battle that is able to modify the outcomes on the fly. It doesn't matter if I go in with 3 other wizards, or do it solo. The average battle is 26 minutes. It really doesn't matter. If I get a shadow pip right away, then I will get chain stunned. Or if not chain stunned, then I won't critical. And if I am in the battle with 3 other wizards, then nobody knows what day of the week it is, and it takes 26 minutes anyhow. The funny part is, that after 6 times each, I've reached the point where the average has stopped changing by more than a minute. The average solo battle is 0.22 minutes greater than with 4 wizards. That is some awesome programming!

Survivor
Dec 02, 2015
I only like Zafaria because I like to fish for wands.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I think you should be asking why "most people DISLIKE Zafaria". Zafaria for the most part is mob quests, and there are very few mobs, so you wind up defeating the same creatures over and over and over.

To me Avalon has the best pace or mix between mob and boss battles, whereas Zafaria is just very tedious and slow paced.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2014
FluffyMarycorphus on Oct 23, 2016 wrote:
i want to know
glad the nerft the collect quest I started when it first came out and I like how hard it was and the detail and time they took with the story now it feels a littile boring with it being so easy but what can you do enough players complain that what happens