Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

why are people not liking zafaria???

AuthorMessage
Squire
Feb 29, 2012
sparkymouse101 wrote:
ionya wrote:
The defeat and collect. It's becoming a joke now. Collecting 10 of something is hardly in my interest range and I very well may not continue to play on my Storm Legendary as she is sick of coming out of battles with low health then having to port to a friend to help them.
Well, there was only 2 annoying quests in Zafaria... The collect 10 quest in savannah. But personally, Zafaria is my favorite world :D ps. By the way kingsisle, i love avalon it looks like a cartoon world :) Luke Staff Level 80 Fire

While Zafaria is quite visually entertaining and the Lion King references made me laugh those things put me off.

I have a long interest range, but in Zafaria even that was beginning to wane. At least in Avalon the defeat and collect is better.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
In my opinion, it's because you essentially do the same quests several times over in many areas. I am in Zamunda now, and for me, all that has been is "fight these Greyhorns. Now fight more Greyhorns. Now fight Greyhorns and Elephant Shamans. Now fight Elephant Shamans." Savannah was similar- I totaled about 80 Fire Lion Ravagers KO'd for main story quests alone (60 were for the staff pieces). Don't get me wrong, Zafaria is absolutely beautiful and it offers a decent challenge, it's just that it seems that I am doing the same quest repeatedly.

Defender
Dec 31, 2010
Survivor
Nov 20, 2010
emospongebob527 wrote:
The main reason I don't like Zafaria is the repetition in the quests like: Fight 8 Fire Lion Ravagers I don't want to be fighting enemies over and over again where you have to beat a certain amount of them. Ughghgh grrrrrr. XD

Whenever I get one of those "defeat this many enemies" quests, I always consider myself lucky I don't have to collect from them! I learned over time as I went on in each world that collecting quests get harder and harder to complete as we go. The main reason I usually finish collecting quests a lot faster than I used to is because I use wand hits a lot now in collecting quests, my friend taught me that one. I'm just saying that anyone who didn't think of the wand hit "trick", try it! It works most of the time. See ya'll in the game!

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
AstroStorm wrote:
I don't like how you have to go to one place to get to the other, seriously to get to elephant graveyard you go to crossroads, then markets, then stone town, then waterfront, then drum jungle, then the graveyard. Too long to walk.

I completly agree with you. To get anyware in Zafaria you have to go trough another place

Survivor
Sep 17, 2011
Hi,

Yup, Zafaria has challenges! Challenges make the game fun! :D

For example: If everything was easy, you'd be bored outta your skull.
That would mean if everything was hard, it wouldn't be fun. So, parts are easy, parts are hard.

Zafaria just happens to be hard. Thanks Kingsisle for making ZF!
By the way, the ZF theme is gr8! Love safari stuff lolz.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2012
What are you guys saying?There is no more or less you can ask from Zafaria.Open doors,not being imprisoned in some krok palace,or fighting robbers on roofs,and even staying in a small city were most wizards stay.Danger lurks on every corner.Challenges,trials,and preparations.Sure it may be hard.That is what makes it fun.If you ask me,you are all ungrateful who talk bad about Zafaria.Fight with other wizards if collect quests are too hard.Do you need Merle Ambrose to come to your house and get you some ice cream?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
kotanmj wrote:
RavenLady777 wrote:
Although I love the artwork, etc., this aspect:"An endless stream of "did-not collect" quests," is really making me angry. Killing over 20 of the mobs in the exact spot shown on the map and receiving not one item I am to collect is causing me to just not go there and making me rethink if it's worth it at all.

When I first got to Avalon a friend told me it is a TEAM world and in order to collect you have to have a team of players on each quest. In other words, you have to go busy realms, find friends, use henchmen, whatever so you are not alone. Since I did the same thing in Zafaria, I collected every single time by following this simple rule. The first battle I did was just me but I quickly found out that it doesn't work. This world is about teamwork and that is an awesome lesson to teach the kids who play this game. I am 57 years old and am well aware that teamwork is a skill and kids can learn that skill right here. If KI uses their games to make kids, tweens, teens and young adults learn lessons which will be life skills, more power to them! Thanks, KI for the skills which are more than simply fantasy-wizard spells!

Well that's all well and good, but how are we supposed to know all that? I'm an adult. If I choose to play at 5am when no one is online because of my schedule, I shouldn't be forced to spend cash on henchmen. It's unfair. So I simply won't bother. Thanks for the information! I'm glad I didn't waste any more time on this character.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
mighdayoo wrote:
What are you guys saying?There is no more or less you can ask from Zafaria.Open doors,not being imprisoned in some krok palace,or fighting robbers on roofs,and even staying in a small city were most wizards stay.Danger lurks on every corner.Challenges,trials,and preparations.Sure it may be hard.That is what makes it fun.If you ask me,you are all ungrateful who talk bad about Zafaria.Fight with other wizards if collect quests are too hard.Do you need Merle Ambrose to come to your house and get you some ice cream?

Thing is I fight sometimes with no friends.

Thing is I can fight 20+ enemies and collect one thing.

Thing is, I rather liked the other world graphics and don't mind being stuck inside something/with robbers/with other wizards/ with the dead.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2008
I dislike it for pretty much the same reasons. Lack of creativity, to many collection quests, to far to walk, and the story kinda flopped. That, and the soundtrack isn't as good. Don't get me wrong, I love Wizard101, and I love most of the worlds, but these late few are just...meh.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2010
Well some people might not like it because of the gear to me it is not the best . I just use waterworks gear, plus so many quest that take forever to complete . So any way glad I could help.

Explorer
Mar 02, 2012
AstroStorm on Apr 29, 2012 wrote:
I don't like how you have to go to one place to get to the other, seriously to get to elephant graveyard you go to crossroads, then markets, then stone town, then waterfront, then drum jungle, then the graveyard. Too long to walk.
Use a mount. You can either buy one from Prospector Zeke or even from the Crowns Shop. If you go all the way low on the mounts, you can buy some mounts for gold. I bought a Bengal Tiger and a Blue Dragon from the crowns shop with gold. You would need about 50-100k gold. You can buy 20% speed for 50k and 40% speed for about 85-90k. But yeah, I don't really like how we have to go different places just to get to an area.

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
ionya wrote:
While Zafaria is quite visually entertaining and the Lion King references made me laugh those things put me off.

I have a long interest range, but in Zafaria even that was beginning to wane. At least in Avalon the defeat and collect is better.
Kingsisle have their reasons for having the annoying defeat and collect quests, making azteca super hard, not making level locks on worlds, etc. you should be thankful there are side quests and other things to do, and remember, it's just a game!
Noah Rainrunner.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
I am not in zafaria yet I am in celestia any ways I have teleported to my friends and seen it I think it is really cool because all the African scenes and the African animals so I have no bad comments about the awesome world of zafaria

Survivor
Oct 27, 2012
Reasons why i don't really like Zafaria

-Kind of boring at some parts

-Tons of collecting quests (Main one below) Causes me get die of boredom and too get really frustrated

-The fire lion quests in Savannah

-Some lack of creativity in monsters (They keep bringing the same monsters or different ones but the same texture is still the same)

Besides we are paying W101 too make Zafaria and the other worlds if i don't pay i will be thankful and more thankful

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
Zafaria is a beautiful world, and i love it. Maybe I don't like the fire lion ravager fight and collect quest, but i did it, and then it was done. Just do the boring quests too, and get funner quests after. It is also sidequests. But in Zamunda they should have maded more enemies than greyhorns, and shaman things. Well, I love everything else, and you should be thankful! Do you know how advanced it must be for KI to make Zafaria??

Jonathan Frogheart - Ice wizard

Survivor
Nov 07, 2009
zafaria is ok it is kinda hard for me but i am storm so ya i am in elephant graveyard its kinda hard like i said cause i have like 2880 health but good spells i love it really my question is avalon harder?:)

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
I have found zafaria as a very interesting and fun, but the long line of "did not collect" quests seem to be dragging on through multiple battles. i am at the drum jungle and the witch doctor collection quest is way too long, as of now i am nearly done with drum jungle and will be moving on to elephant graveyard soon. i do respect the use of different culture in the worlds. but the crafting is way too long and very taxing.

Explorer
Sep 05, 2011
You have to defeat 10 bosses in a row in drum jungle and elephant graveyard:
Zalakir Nightweaver
Askil Blacktrunk
Oya Bloodstorm
Ranzan
Ghadir Dreamdrinker
Kallah Silverback
Ada Razorwhip
Murat Greyeyes
Gherruld
Dhakir Bloodthorn
These are pretty much all in a row.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
Makeupaddiction on Apr 27, 2012 wrote:
People really dont like the world Zafaria. No one should complain about it, be happy that ki is making worlds for you.
the reason i don't like it is because there are so many areas and places to go along with what i call "back and fourth quests" along with too many bosses of my own element it starts getting really irritating if you go in and have to solo a boss that blocks all your criticals and resists half of your damage also.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
frit on May 29, 2013 wrote:
the reason i don't like it is because there are so many areas and places to go along with what i call "back and fourth quests" along with too many bosses of my own element it starts getting really irritating if you go in and have to solo a boss that blocks all your criticals and resists half of your damage also.
most bosses have 60-90% same-school resist actually...so it's worse than you ever imagined.

This just gets worse in AZ when a lot of bosses also get mastery of a second school, and resistance and crit/crit blocking rates to match.

So my apologies in advance if you're balance Belloq is not the most abusive by far.

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
how can you not like zafaria? it's my favorite world!

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
Makeupaddiction on Apr 27, 2012 wrote:
People really dont like the world Zafaria. No one should complain about it, be happy that ki is making worlds for you.
I think a lot of people don't like the "did not collect" quests and the repitition of some of the quests but in my oppinion it's not much different from other worlds. People are just getting frustrated with the battles getting harder and longer and because of that quests are getting longer. The world just requires patience. I am having fun with the world so far and I'm in the drum jungle. I do however get sick of fighting elephants all the time.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2009
I have to agree with the problem of it being a TEAM world. Yes, it does teach players a lesson in teamwork, and that is good, but I am an adult, and due to my work schedule I am mostly alone when I log on. Teamwork is great if there are people online for you to team up with, but what about those of us that usually do not have that luxury. Do we have to be stuck in zafaria forever because there is no one else online for us to play with? I am more than a little tired of being defeated because I am a single player in a team world, and I know that I am not the only one. There should be some accommodation for those of us who have to, or choose to, fight alone.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Reasons why Zafaria is a nightmare:
1: The crafting quest=TORTURE
2: Defeat and collect, you have to defeat 10+ enemies it seems before getting 1/6 collected.
3: Boring and dull.
My opinion.