Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

When will it all end?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 06, 2011
115
Don't get me wrong, i love this game, and zafaria was an awesome addition to the game, but sereiously, when will it even out a little? zafaria so so challanging. it seems that the more worlds you go through, the farther away it gets from that carefree game we used to play in wizard city. I didn't even know there were other worlds.
but now in zafaria, everything is tense. people have to be saved, and more is at steak. It's starting to remind me fo the real world.
i'm not complaining, or saying ki should change it, but just think about this. there are nine worlds. malistaire was vancuished, but what about morganthe? i'm sure you have to defeat her somewhere in the new future. i'm sure she'll have an evil cousin or somthing, and on and on and on......
So when does it end, or will it?
jason thundersword lvl 62 thaumaturge.

Survivor
Nov 09, 2009
5
Maybe 3 more worlds because i think ever 5 worlds KI makes a new conflict?

Survivor
May 24, 2009
24
You know, I've been wondering this, too. But I actually like the challenges in the higher level worlds and the fact that the plot has been becoming darker. It adds suspence and it makes for great fanfiction. I'm on here everyday praying for a new world to be announced haha.
You are so totally right, this game is not as care free as it used to be (again, it makes an interesting fanfiction). And there are so many new worlds (hard to compact that all into the fanfiction I'm writing).
On the other hand, I didn't think Zafaria was all that challenging in some parts. I guess that had to do with the fact that you have stronger spells and that there was a good amount of Death monsters, making it easier for me because I'm Life. To me, this game is perfect. Great job, KI!

- Brianna SpiritBreeze, Lvl 70 Life 8)

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
848
Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
brickhead12 wrote:
Don't get me wrong, i love this game, and zafaria was an awesome addition to the game, but sereiously, when will it even out a little? zafaria so so challanging. it seems that the more worlds you go through, the farther away it gets from that carefree game we used to play in wizard city. I didn't even know there were other worlds.
but now in zafaria, everything is tense. people have to be saved, and more is at steak. It's starting to remind me fo the real world.
i'm not complaining, or saying ki should change it, but just think about this. there are nine worlds. malistaire was vancuished, but what about morganthe? i'm sure you have to defeat her somewhere in the new future. i'm sure she'll have an evil cousin or somthing, and on and on and on......
So when does it end, or will it?
jason thundersword lvl 62 thaumaturge.
What you all dont understand is that the world is all about money so as long as they are making money they are gonna keep making new worlds hope that helped you. :)

Survivor
May 24, 2009
24
Pyrsik wrote:
According to the Mayans, it will all end on Dec. 21, 2012


oh my gosh I'm crying, it wasn't even that funny but lol

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
I agree with the game becoming stressful in mid Mooshu, most of the original good friends I had dropped out in Mooshu because it was to much for them to figure out. I have started new wizards to avoid facing it and can work on it at a slower pace. After taking 2 of my wizards though my 3rd currently sits in the first part of Zafaria while I started a new wizard and am currently in Celestia with her, in the mean time I started another wizard so I can go back some times. In the end I see that maybe except for my original wizard all the rest are going to be disposable so I can delete them and start over again when the game gets to be more aggravation then fun. There is a separation of the casual game players and the serious gamers.

I used to come home from work and play to relieve the stress from the day now I hold off to a few hours a night after dinner. I just don't seem to have the attachment I used to have to the game as it gets more difficult to quest though, sadly with my new wizards there are also parts I have no interest in repeating either.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4933
Pyrsik wrote:
According to the Mayans, it will all end on Dec. 21, 2012

LOL
brilliant!

Survivor
May 30, 2011
1
Defender
Apr 24, 2011
172
Champion
Jul 30, 2010
441
brickhead12 wrote:
Don't get me wrong, i love this game, and zafaria was an awesome addition to the game, but sereiously, when will it even out a little? zafaria so so challanging. it seems that the more worlds you go through, the farther away it gets from that carefree game we used to play in wizard city. I didn't even know there were other worlds.
but now in zafaria, everything is tense. people have to be saved, and more is at steak. It's starting to remind me fo the real world.
i'm not complaining, or saying ki should change it, but just think about this. there are nine worlds. malistaire was vancuished, but what about morganthe? i'm sure you have to defeat her somewhere in the new future. i'm sure she'll have an evil cousin or somthing, and on and on and on......
So when does it end, or will it?
jason thundersword lvl 62 thaumaturge.
people still had to be saved from malistare and there were 5 worlds before morganthe came out so i assume 3-4 more worlds before we fight morganth.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2012
7
I love sitting on the edge of my seat, just waiting to see if I'll win or not...

That is the excitement that keeps me playing, if every fight was a easy as Wizard City, I'd get bored.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2009
1
Pyrsik wrote:
According to the Mayans, it will all end on Dec. 21, 2012
funny

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
142
The original World limit for kingsisle was nine worlds, as rumored, but they seemed to have thrown it out the window so i dont know

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2920
Pyrsik wrote:
According to the Mayans, it will all end on Dec. 21, 2012


Nah, they just ran out of rocks is all. What a waste... I could have used those for crafting.

-

In my opinion, the game has been over since my sorcerer offed Malistaire. That storyline was well-written, and so beautifully executed as well; the only bad thing about it was that it ended... and knowing that it's going to end has kinda ruined it for my other wizards. Darkness, despair.

Post-Dragonspyre, I find the plot to have dried up completely (as in, there is none). From Celestia onward, it's just an endless stream of defeat-and-collect quests and, while Morganthe has the potential to be an interesting villain, I don't find that I'm as emotionally-invested in her character. When compared with the Malistaire/Sylvia arc, Morganthe's story feels like a fan-fic written by a kid in the third grade (no offense- I'm sure that some third-graders are great writers, but they are the exception, not the rule). Still, I'm looking forward to what the future holds for the game... and for all of us, who make up the Ravenwood School of Magical Arts. :)

Let merriment abound!

L.S.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2010
13
Well ki will probably come up with something else or they could return malistare (not very likely) but they probably still will come up with a penguin or polar bear for a villain in polaris. it will probably never end :P

Richard Deathshield Level 67

Samuel Shadowwalker Level 38

Survivor
Nov 26, 2011
30
something tells me that if we had just the five base worlds it wouldnt be as fun. i dont really know cause i just started playing last there what it was like before but i like it better this way
connor griffinstalker
level 63

Explorer
Dec 20, 2009
52
vonawesome1 wrote:
Pyrsik wrote:
According to the Mayans, it will all end on Dec. 21, 2012


Nah, they just ran out of rocks is all. What a waste... I could have used those for crafting.

-

In my opinion, the game has been over since my sorcerer offed Malistaire. That storyline was well-written, and so beautifully executed as well; the only bad thing about it was that it ended... and knowing that it's going to end has kinda ruined it for my other wizards. Darkness, despair.

Post-Dragonspyre, I find the plot to have dried up completely (as in, there is none). From Celestia onward, it's just an endless stream of defeat-and-collect quests and, while Morganthe has the potential to be an interesting villain, I don't find that I'm as emotionally-invested in her character. When compared with the Malistaire/Sylvia arc, Morganthe's story feels like a fan-fic written by a kid in the third grade (no offense- I'm sure that some third-graders are great writers, but they are the exception, not the rule). Still, I'm looking forward to what the future holds for the game... and for all of us, who make up the Ravenwood School of Magical Arts. :)

Let merriment abound!

L.S.
I agree. Morganth is just not as big as Malistaire.
To be honest, I dont even know what bad she's done/doing.
Wow. She's a lady in a spider costume. Thats about all i've picked up.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2010
13
Mhbgc wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:
Pyrsik wrote:
According to the Mayans, it will all end on Dec. 21, 2012


Nah, they just ran out of rocks is all. What a waste... I could have used those for crafting.

-

In my opinion, the game has been over since my sorcerer offed Malistaire. That storyline was well-written, and so beautifully executed as well; the only bad thing about it was that it ended... and knowing that it's going to end has kinda ruined it for my other wizards. Darkness, despair.

Post-Dragonspyre, I find the plot to have dried up completely (as in, there is none). From Celestia onward, it's just an endless stream of defeat-and-collect quests and, while Morganthe has the potential to be an interesting villain, I don't find that I'm as emotionally-invested in her character. When compared with the Malistaire/Sylvia arc, Morganthe's story feels like a fan-fic written by a kid in the third grade (no offense- I'm sure that some third-graders are great writers, but they are the exception, not the rule). Still, I'm looking forward to what the future holds for the game... and for all of us, who make up the Ravenwood School of Magical Arts. :)

Let merriment abound!

L.S.
I agree. Morganth is just not as big as Malistaire.
To be honest, I dont even know what bad she's done/doing.
Wow. She's a lady in a spider costume. Thats about all i've picked up.


It's true, while malistaire had a original villans origin (i mean his wife died!)and was as i think the only true big villan in this game now morganthe for example well she is just a kinda evil person, i don't know

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
avalon came out and i figured out that morganith did a certain something to the king so that why she evil

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
112
Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
346
Survivor
Mar 16, 2012
5
I thought it would all end in dragonspyre.
I was wrong.....
I understand why Malistaire became evil i mean his wife got killed.
But Morganthe all i know is she is with some spiders o. o
Celestia is so impossible,all you do is get bosses and street monsters.
It's not the same anymore i mean seriously in wizard city you start out with monsters you can totally beat.
But now they are mostly impossible and super hard for some people.

-Melissa SoulSong
:)

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
5
Pyrsik wrote:
According to the Mayans, it will all end on Dec. 21, 2012
oh no its august 1 2012 we got little time

Survivor
Jul 07, 2011
28
ngiralmau1 wrote:
Pyrsik wrote:
According to the Mayans, it will all end on Dec. 21, 2012
oh no its august 1 2012 we got little time
That's not funny at all! :x You got me scared just thinking about it!