Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Two more worlds hinted

1
AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
327
In a quest in Stone Town, you talk to an elephant lady named Tala SnakeSquasher. She mentions two world that have never before been heard of: Avalon and Polaris. I might have my facts wrong, but I think the word "Avalon" has something to do with mideval times or something like that. But, here's what she said exactly: "I plan to visit many Spiral worlds to bring back new wares. Marleybone, MooShu, Avalon, Polaris... all the common stops." And of you notice, Marleybone and MooShu are the third and fourth worlds in the Malistaire arc. Maybe Avalon and Polaris could be the third and fourth worlds in the Morganthe arc. Maybe we could be in the world Avalon a year from now...

Explorer
Feb 18, 2011
64
willwolf64 wrote:
In a quest in Stone Town, you talk to an elephant lady named Tala SnakeSquasher. She mentions two world that have never before been heard of: Avalon and Polaris. I might have my facts wrong, but I think the word "Avalon" has something to do with mideval times or something like that. But, here's what she said exactly: "I plan to visit many Spiral worlds to bring back new wares. Marleybone, MooShu, Avalon, Polaris... all the common stops. And of you notice, Marleybone and MooShu are the third and fourth worlds in the Malistaire arc. Maybe Avalon and Polaris could be the third and fourth worlds in the Morganthe arc. Maybe we could be in the world Avalon a year from now...

Hmm. Yes, this could very much be true. But I imagine this is just their ideas for now, this may change and turn out to be something else but you never know ;) .

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
209
You are correct when you say Avalon has Medievil connections, it is part of the King Arthur legend and it traditionally considered the home of the faries. It was also the place where King Arthur's funeral barge was sent to after being killed by his son, Mordred.
Now wouldn't that be an awesome world to adventure in!

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
594
miffyboi wrote:
You are correct when you say Avalon has Medievil connections, it is part of the King Arthur legend and it traditionally considered the home of the faries. It was also the place where King Arthur's funeral barge was sent to after being killed by his son, Mordred.
Now wouldn't that be an awesome world to adventure in!

Avalon is not only an Arthurian Legend, however. Avalon is also the home of the Elder Fae in Shakespeare's 'A Mid-summer Night's Dream'. I would personally love to meet Oberon and Titania.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
99
willwolf64 wrote:
In a quest in Stone Town, you talk to an elephant lady named Tala SnakeSquasher. She mentions two world that have never before been heard of: Avalon and Polaris. I might have my facts wrong, but I think the word "Avalon" has something to do with mideval times or something like that. But, here's what she said exactly: "I plan to visit many Spiral worlds to bring back new wares. Marleybone, MooShu, Avalon, Polaris... all the common stops. And of you notice, Marleybone and MooShu are the third and fourth worlds in the Malistaire arc. Maybe Avalon and Polaris could be the third and fourth worlds in the Morganthe arc. Maybe we could be in the world Avalon a year from now...


That's a nice catch there. I barely read the dialogues and just fast forward them.

Not to negate the theory but, Avalon and polaris could be synonyms for grizzleheim and wintertusk :-D.
If we consider that avalon has to do with the medieval age, grizzleim fits the bill quite a bit. It's mostly Norse-themed but its an idea.
And polaris refers to the north polar star which could be associated with ice as is wintertusk .

But that aside, I would like it if the next worlds had those names. heck Polaris could be in space for all we know, as a neighboring world to celestia :-D

Explorer
Oct 01, 2010
90
Polaris is the North Star. I'm not really sure how that would turn out.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
209
It's fun and tantalising to imagine what sort of world KI will come up with next. I've always thought of Ravenwood as my "high school". It would be interesting to have a College or University world with new tachers and new advanced spells but since Wysteria arrived it seems pretty unlikely.
Being slightly biased because I'm an Aussie, how about an Australian themed world with evil Tasmanian devil Shamen and Dingo soldiers?
Have any other Wizards invented their own new worlds?

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
327
And, let's not forget the FOUR worlds that were mentioned in Wysteria: Weirwood, Mirage, Empyria, and Yago.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
209
willwolf64 wrote:
And, let's not forget the FOUR worlds that were mentioned in Wysteria: Weirwood, Mirage, Empyria, and Yago.

Yes! and since we've already met students from these worlds it is more than likely one of their homes will be introduced in the future. I have a feeling it may be Weirwood since all the trouble in Wysteria seemed to originate from things from that world

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
594
miffyboi wrote:
willwolf64 wrote:
And, let's not forget the FOUR worlds that were mentioned in Wysteria: Weirwood, Mirage, Empyria, and Yago.

Yes! and since we've already met students from these worlds it is more than likely one of their homes will be introduced in the future. I have a feeling it may be Weirwood since all the trouble in Wysteria seemed to originate from things from that world

Weirwood and Mirage are likely to be Side Worlds. Empyrea I expect to be a main World, and Yago a Side World.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
794
Wow, that makes six, then. Prepare yourselves, wizards, for page four of our spiral gate list! lol. Can;t wait to see how Polaris looks, it really caught my eye when i spoke with that merchant.

Cya in the Spiral,

Paul Stormglade, Transcended Diviner

Go Sparks!

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
139
Perhaps so. Same with CL and WT. For one CL quest, it, a book, talked about Grandmother Raven for brief second.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
514
Avalon does have many connections to Shakespear. I can't remember History class off the top of my head (Hey, give me a break, I got a week off this week ). But yes, it could also be the medieval kind. Polaris, I would expect highly is a cold land, most likely representing Alaska or Antarctica. Polar Bear mounts would be AWESOME, as would penguin pets. This could be Ice's long awaited world too. Avalon I would imagine be Myth or Balance.

~James Skullwielder
level 67 Necromancer
"Death is the future, Life is the past"

Defender
May 05, 2010
107
If you watch zafaria: behind the scenes, one of the workers at KI mentioned some penguins, probably to go with polaris (Its a name of a star too :P)

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
729
Johnist wrote:
miffyboi wrote:
You are correct when you say Avalon has Medievil connections, it is part of the King Arthur legend and it traditionally considered the home of the faries. It was also the place where King Arthur's funeral barge was sent to after being killed by his son, Mordred.
Now wouldn't that be an awesome world to adventure in!

Avalon is not only an Arthurian Legend, however. Avalon is also the home of the Elder Fae in Shakespeare's 'A Mid-summer Night's Dream'. I would personally love to meet Oberon and Titania.

I love Shakespeare! I hope we do get another literature-based world!

Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
5
miffyboi wrote:
It's fun and tantalising to imagine what sort of world KI will come up with next. I've always thought of Ravenwood as my "high school". It would be interesting to have a College or University world with new tachers and new advanced spells but since Wysteria arrived it seems pretty unlikely.
Being slightly biased because I'm an Aussie, how about an Australian themed world with evil Tasmanian devil Shamen and Dingo soldiers?
Have any other Wizards invented their own new worlds?


How 'bout, noXD jk jk that sounds pretty cool, but i think Zafaria was Kings Isle's way of expressing the jungle areas of the world

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
61
We were also thinking about being in mirage or weirwood right now they also mentioned yogi in wysteria maybe they might just be a wysteria expansion too you never know. And if I made a world it would have something to do with the holidays and a new storyline every holiday?

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
563
Survivor
Aug 30, 2009
1
Johnist wrote:
miffyboi wrote:
You are correct when you say Avalon has Medievil connections, it is part of the King Arthur legend and it traditionally considered the home of the faries. It was also the place where King Arthur's funeral barge was sent to after being killed by his son, Mordred.
Now wouldn't that be an awesome world to adventure in!

Avalon is not only an Arthurian Legend, however. Avalon is also the home of the Elder Fae in Shakespeare's 'A Mid-summer Night's Dream'. I would personally love to meet Oberon and Titania.


Avalon is older than Shakespeare; Shakespeare took the name from the existing legends about Avalon being a mystical place, which is why he made it the home of his Elder Fae.

We can safely guess that Avalon will be some type of Arthurian-themed world. Which means it should be great!

Explorer
Oct 08, 2009
68
i'm guessing polaris has something to do with ice
i'd be happy to see an ice world because the last one was wintertusk
the story could be morganthe is hiding there and she is preforming a ritual to get eternal ice and freeze mirror lake and the spiral
i would like that

Alex StarBreeze
Lv 70
ice


Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
7
miffyboi wrote:
It's fun and tantalising to imagine what sort of world KI will come up with next. I've always thought of Ravenwood as my "high school". It would be interesting to have a College or University world with new tachers and new advanced spells but since Wysteria arrived it seems pretty unlikely.
Being slightly biased because I'm an Aussie, how about an Australian themed world with evil Tasmanian devil Shamen and Dingo soldiers?
Have any other Wizards invented their own new worlds?

Isn't Tasmanian devil a superhero

Survivor
Feb 13, 2011
32
well they meantioned a few worlds i never heard of in Wysteria.......
empyrea and a few others, avalon and polaris sound like medevel
and snowy.............................

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
7
miffyboi wrote:
It's fun and tantalising to imagine what sort of world KI will come up with next. I've always thought of Ravenwood as my "high school". It would be interesting to have a College or University world with new tachers and new advanced spells but since Wysteria arrived it seems pretty unlikely.
Being slightly biased because I'm an Aussie, how about an Australian themed world with evil Tasmanian devil Shamen and Dingo soldiers?
Have any other Wizards invented their own new worlds?
like your idea :D i havent made any but ill keep thinking lol so i like it ill tell you

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
4
if those are the new worlds, if they are going to make them. i am pumped up for those worlds, even though i haven't finished zafaria.

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
112
But one thing is there are a bunch of quest with new worlds i think all the are the one in where gamma sits i see all the ones in the malistare arc and the ones in morganthes arc

1