Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question to KI

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
39
I was just wondering. I think that since we have lvl 70 now that the lvl 60 gear should be sold. :)

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
594
Busymk wrote:
I was just wondering. I think that since we have lvl 70 now that the lvl 60 gear should be sold. :)

2 Words:
Absolutely Not!

Explanation:
The Waterworks Gear is a REWARD to people who have taken the time and effort to farm them. If you want Level 60 Junk Gear, go ahead and buy it in Zafaria or from the Bazaar, but the Waterworks Gear should never be available for Auction. Same with the Aureate Band and Lexicon Blade although those should be able to be put in the Shared Bank.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
63
You may not know why they set the high ranked gear to sell, so I'll tell you why. It's pretty simple actually. They don't want it sold in the Bazaar because they want you to actually earn it and not buy it instantly. Just because level 70 is here, doesn't mean level 60 isn't high ranked.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2010
31
More of a statement than a question. And not a very well thought out one at that.The 60 gear is far better than anything i have seen yet.

Defender
Jul 09, 2011
113
I don't think its a good idea.Remember that there are still level 60's out there who could use the 60 gear and being able to sell it just lessens the excitment of trying to farm for it

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1527
NO WAY!!!!

This gear is hard earned and should not be made available to purchase to those who have not EARNEDit.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
Personally I don't think being able to buy it would change the game much. There still will be players that want to Earn It. I went though Waterworks once and got a pair of boots, the ones I already had fit my fighting style better, I have no desire to repeat it.

For some it's too bothersome to try to get together a group that can actually do the following places: WaterWorks, BriskBreeze, Spiral Key Marleybone Tower, Helephant Tower. I am just glad they are all optional now.

KI is trying to please all kinds of players now, I fit in the family game play bunch which includes most of Mooshu then it is more geared toward more serious game play from there on and includes all these optional towers.

In the amount of time I have been with KI gamers got more added then family game players - we got Westeria so maybe the trend is KI is going with gamers rather then family game players?

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1527
brwac wrote:
Personally I don't think being able to buy it would change the game much. There still will be players that want to Earn It. I went though Waterworks once and got a pair of boots, the ones I already had fit my fighting style better, I have no desire to repeat it.

For some it's too bothersome to try to get together a group that can actually do the following places: WaterWorks, BriskBreeze, Spiral Key Marleybone Tower, Helephant Tower. I am just glad they are all optional now.

KI is trying to please all kinds of players now, I fit in the family game play bunch which includes most of Mooshu then it is more geared toward more serious game play from there on and includes all these optional towers.

In the amount of time I have been with KI gamers got more added then family game players - we got Westeria so maybe the trend is KI is going with gamers rather then family game players?


I disagree. Why? Because the players that have already EARNED that gear, have worked hard for it. Allowing others to buy it now would not be acceptable. This would be like throwing daggers at those that have earned it. This kind of reward should NEVER be buyable.

I have 2 legendaries that do not have all of the gear and yes, I would like to have it. But at least what I do have, I did earn. Even though I had some help from 2 of the best wizards I have seen in this game. It is a pleasure to play with them. And both of those wizards have farmed until they got all of the WW gear and still take the time to help their friends try to get it too. I have seen them farming many times when we were all on at the same time whether it was for a pet, snacks or gear. So with players like these 2 and many, many more, it would not be fair for other wizards to be able to buy it at the bazaar.

Plus, when you finish a new area or world and have no pending quests, it gives us something to fight for.

SO NO

Explorer
Feb 15, 2009
61
I have faced many struggles when it has come to the waterworks. I have done it how many times now? Eleven. I've successfully completed it how many times now? Eight. I've gotten how much gear now? None.

I have taken about 44 hours of my precious time to complete the Waterworks dungeon, and have gotten absolutely no rewards. But, still, if you ask me, the Waterworks Legendary gear should NEVER BE UP FOR AUCTION. I don't care if I never get it! Sure, I think I've earned it by now, some people get it on their first try, but this dungeon gives you something to work for.

I don't dream on trying the waterworks again. Why? I have no confidence to try it again. I'm afraid I'll have another four hours of my life wasted. But, not everyone thinks that way.

I'm sure sooner or later special lvl. 70 gear will come out, and until that time, I'm never doing a dungeon like the Waterworks again.

KingsIsle, one suggestion. If you're going to put two ridiculously long bosses in one dungeon, don't make as many rooms of just four enemies. It takes far too much time for the first boss in the first place, we don't need anymore. The thing is, it's very hard to find the time. The constant fizzles on the first boss are ridiculous, and the second boss is just tedious.

But, I'm not going to complain about the second boss. In my opinion, that was far greater a battle then Malistaire, the Jade Oni, Meowiarty, Krokopatra, and Lord Nightshade combined. Well... Maybe not Malistaire.

Nevertheless, the first boss, as I said, is ridiculous. I believe it was -40% accuracy? At least make it 30%, please make it 30%.

Well... That's all I have to say. I wanted to state my opinion and I did...

Thanks!

Survivor
May 08, 2010
3
I would be upset if they just let you buy it. I was already upset after I spent hours trying get the Unicorn statue from Lady Blackhope a while back ago, and now, its not even a rare item. Its cheap in the crown shop for gold. Not a rare item at all. They should not make people earn stuff, have people proud of what they have, then BOOM: everyone able to get it easy.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2011
25
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
goldendragon18 wrote:
brwac wrote:
Personally I don't think being able to buy it would change the game much. There still will be players that want to Earn It. I went though Waterworks once and got a pair of boots, the ones I already had fit my fighting style better, I have no desire to repeat it.

For some it's too bothersome to try to get together a group that can actually do the following places: WaterWorks, BriskBreeze, Spiral Key Marleybone Tower, Helephant Tower. I am just glad they are all optional now.

KI is trying to please all kinds of players now, I fit in the family game play bunch which includes most of Mooshu then it is more geared toward more serious game play from there on and includes all these optional towers.

In the amount of time I have been with KI gamers got more added then family game players - we got Westeria so maybe the trend is KI is going with gamers rather then family game players?


I disagree. Why? Because the players that have already EARNED that gear, have worked hard for it. Allowing others to buy it now would not be acceptable. This would be like throwing daggers at those that have earned it. This kind of reward should NEVER be buyable.

I have 2 legendaries that do not have all of the gear and yes, I would like to have it. But at least what I do have, I did earn. Even though I had some help from 2 of the best wizards I have seen in this game. It is a pleasure to play with them. And both of those wizards have farmed until they got all of the WW gear and still take the time to help their friends try to get it too. I have seen them farming many times when we were all on at the same time whether it was for a pet, snacks or gear. So with players like these 2 and many, many more, it would not be fair for other wizards to be able to buy it at the bazaar.

Plus, when you finish a new area or world and have no pending quests, it gives us something to fight for.

SO NO


I don't think KI will ever change any gear from No Auction so in my case I will get a few hundred selling the boots off at a shop rather then a few thousand for it at the bazaar.

Not all of us have access to the best players in the game. In fact of my 7 wizards I have maybe a handful that can actually play the game - I don't pick friends for their game style and some are menu chat because no one else will friend or help them. My friends are mainly ones I help and would not be able to help me.

I think for those who can not complete this quest for one reason or another take heart there is gear available at the bazaar that works as well if not better as in my case then this "earned" gear. KI would not make superior gear available to only a certain group of people just because they can complete a certain optional quest, it would be very unfair to others who pay to play also.

The gear from the bazaar I have on my two ledgendaries has gotten them though the game mainly solo, only needing help in very few places where any other wizard in the game no matter how good they are would need it.

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1527
brwac wrote:
goldendragon18 wrote:
brwac wrote:
Personally I don't think being able to buy it would change the game much. There still will be players that want to Earn It. I went though Waterworks once and got a pair of boots, the ones I already had fit my fighting style better, I have no desire to repeat it.

For some it's too bothersome to try to get together a group that can actually do the following places: WaterWorks, BriskBreeze, Spiral Key Marleybone Tower, Helephant Tower. I am just glad they are all optional now.

KI is trying to please all kinds of players now, I fit in the family game play bunch which includes most of Mooshu then it is more geared toward more serious game play from there on and includes all these optional towers.

In the amount of time I have been with KI gamers got more added then family game players - we got Westeria so maybe the trend is KI is going with gamers rather then family game players?


I disagree. Why? Because the players that have already EARNED that gear, have worked hard for it. Allowing others to buy it now would not be acceptable. This would be like throwing daggers at those that have earned it. This kind of reward should NEVER be buyable.

I have 2 legendaries that do not have all of the gear and yes, I would like to have it. But at least what I do have, I did earn. Even though I had some help from 2 of the best wizards I have seen in this game. It is a pleasure to play with them. And both of those wizards have farmed until they got all of the WW gear and still take the time to help their friends try to get it too. I have seen them farming many times when we were all on at the same time whether it was for a pet, snacks or gear. So with players like these 2 and many, many more, it would not be fair for other wizards to be able to buy it at the bazaar.

Plus, when you finish a new area or world and have no pending quests, it gives us something to fight for.

SO NO


I don't think KI will ever change any gear from No Auction so in my case I will get a few hundred selling the boots off at a shop rather then a few thousand for it at the bazaar.

Not all of us have access to the best players in the game. In fact of my 7 wizards I have maybe a handful that can actually play the game - I don't pick friends for their game style and some are menu chat because no one else will friend or help them. My friends are mainly ones I help and would not be able to help me.

I think for those who can not complete this quest for one reason or another take heart there is gear available at the bazaar that works as well if not better as in my case then this "earned" gear. KI would not make superior gear available to only a certain group of people just because they can complete a certain optional quest, it would be very unfair to others who pay to play also.

The gear from the bazaar I have on my two ledgendaries has gotten them though the game mainly solo, only needing help in very few places where any other wizard in the game no matter how good they are would need it.


Please don't take me the wrong way on this. Yes, both of my friends are extremely good, but I DO NOT ask them to help me with every battle, in fact I rarely ask them for help. I don't jump into their battles even if they are farming a boss I need without asking or they ask me to join them. We are friends and I would not abuse their generosity in any way.

I like to see what my wizards are capable of doing and running with friends. I also like to solo every now and then. Test my wizards so to speak. That is the only way you will make your wizard better and stronger.


Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
39
Gee. It was just a statment. plz don't be so mean. I don't have text so it's hard to go through the waterworks. Nobody will go with me. Plus, some people may agree with me. KI could put lvl 70 gear in there instead.

(P.S. to Jonhist. That's just plain rude. I don't want junk gear.)

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1527
Busymk wrote:
Gee. It was just a statment. plz don't be so mean. I don't have text so it's hard to go through the waterworks. Nobody will go with me. Plus, some people may agree with me. KI could put lvl 70 gear in there instead.

(P.S. to Jonhist. That's just plain rude. I don't want junk gear.)


Busymk, no it is not easy when you don't have text chat. It is not that other wizards are ignoring you, but when you are doing a dungeon of this caliber, you NEED to be able to communicate.

As to KI removing the level 60 gear and replacing it with level 70? KI does not work that way. They will eventually have a dungeon set up that drops lvl 70 gear. There will always be other wizards coming in to try to get the gear and drops

And, by the way, I know Johnist and he is not trying to be rude. He is actually stating a fact. The global stats on the WW gear is better than any I have seen in Zafaria or the bazaar. I prefer to have across the board resist and damage rather than just a partial resist to a few other schools.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
137
Busymk wrote:
I was just wondering. I think that since we have lvl 70 now that the lvl 60 gear should be sold. :)

first of all, my main wiz is about lvl 65 now, but i still have my ww gear. ive seen lv68 gear as well. not very exciting. 2nd of all, ww is REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY long and hard. it took me 6 hours the first time i did it. ww gear is earned through tough labor, and should stay that way

Survivor
May 30, 2009
1
The new and refine quests "MEANING ALL" for zafira have been increased in percentage of battle strategy meaning that it takes 50 maybe 100 times to complete a quest that requires only 8 enemies to accomplish why is this? the increased in battle percentage chances of obtaining certain items its outrages and ridiculous it kills the fun in the game and its upsetting and aggrevating at the sametime. Its not a strategy nor a skilled base game its a pick a card game,Who ever is in charge of the management in batttle strategies should give his over pay job to some one who knows exactly what they are doing,its boring and as i repeated irritating having to face the same enemies over and over for a long period of time to just complete a quest. AS I REPEATED AND STATED its not FUN NOR enjoyable to me as well to many many players that i have come accross. PLEASE take this matter into consideration or i will be forced to leave this nonesense battle strategy game to something better and more creative to players taste nor i will support any of KINGSISLE future games. I HAD ENOUGH and pay way too much money as well as thousands; for voices to go onto death ears.

Survivor
May 09, 2010
2
I dont think they should, and if it was, it would sell for way too much then its worth. Plus it takes away all of the challenges placed in waterworks because know they know they will gain it just from buying it. Its like farming a boss for a rare drop, they dont sell those. Perfect example is Jade oni's athymest blade

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1527
AdvanceTechnique wrote:
The new and refine quests "MEANING ALL" for zafira have been increased in percentage of battle strategy meaning that it takes 50 maybe 100 times to complete a quest that requires only 8 enemies to accomplish why is this? the increased in battle percentage chances of obtaining certain items its outrages and ridiculous it kills the fun in the game and its upsetting and aggrevating at the sametime. Its not a strategy nor a skilled base game its a pick a card game,Who ever is in charge of the management in batttle strategies should give his over pay job to some one who knows exactly what they are doing,its boring and as i repeated irritating having to face the same enemies over and over for a long period of time to just complete a quest. AS I REPEATED AND STATED its not FUN NOR enjoyable to me as well to many many players that i have come accross. PLEASE take this matter into consideration or i will be forced to leave this nonesense battle strategy game to something better and more creative to players taste nor i will support any of KINGSISLE future games. I HAD ENOUGH and pay way too much money as well as thousands; for voices to go onto death ears.


Sorry, but this comment does not belong in this forum. If there is a problem, it needs to be posted in Halston's Laboratory.

This forum is about the level 60 gear.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
387
zafaria gear is worse then waterworks gear, and it wouldn't be fair for the others that gear, besides people are already complaining why spend crowns on gear its not special or valuable.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
260
Johnist wrote:
Busymk wrote:
I was just wondering. I think that since we have lvl 70 now that the lvl 60 gear should be sold. :)

2 Words:
Absolutely Not!

Explanation:
The Waterworks Gear is a REWARD to people who have taken the time and effort to farm them. If you want Level 60 Junk Gear, go ahead and buy it in Zafaria or from the Bazaar, but the Waterworks Gear should never be available for Auction. Same with the Aureate Band and Lexicon Blade although those should be able to be put in the Shared Bank.


yes i am not going to be selling extra gear i have to people who havent earned it. plus the ww gear is still the best in the game

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
122
Johnist wrote:
Busymk wrote:
I was just wondering. I think that since we have lvl 70 now that the lvl 60 gear should be sold. :)

2 Words:
Absolutely Not!

Explanation:
The Waterworks Gear is a REWARD to people who have taken the time and effort to farm them. If you want Level 60 Junk Gear, go ahead and buy it in Zafaria or from the Bazaar, but the Waterworks Gear should never be available for Auction. Same with the Aureate Band and Lexicon Blade although those should be able to be put in the Shared Bank.


Said it all right there.