Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mirror lake

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 24, 2010
I see people doing mirror lake time after time and I wonder what they're farming for? Can you let me know if there's some good gear? Thanks.

Survivor
May 19, 2012
Personally I farm there for the pixie sticks you get at the end. Usually I end up with gear that isn't for my main account so I quick sell for gold

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
There is gear, but also reagents, which is why I did it for a while.

Link below will allow you to see what is specifically dropped by whom inside Mirror Lake.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:Mirror_Lake

Explorer
Oct 26, 2012
I mostly do it for gold and regents. I do quick sell all the stuff that was not good and used the regents for crafting.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
Aside from pixie sticks (which are nice, I'll admit XD), is there anything else of value dropped in here really?

I mean I don't think there are mastery amulets or really good gear to equip?

Any know for sure?

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
No, there are no real items of true value or rarity that are dropped in Mirror Lake. The fact that it supplies a guaranteed 2 Mega Snacks every run is what keeps people going there. Since the only ways to get Mega Snacks are to buy them with Crowns, farm them, or garden them, this dungeon is a relatively easy and ethical approach to getting them. Gardening is certainly much less effort and provides a greater reward, and I would recommend it if you need quite a few Mega Snacks. However, for the average advanced player, farming at Mirror Lake can be just as rewarding though it requires more effort. Hope this helped!

-n00b (Happy April Fools day KingsIsle)

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Aerier on Apr 2, 2014 wrote:
No, there are no real items of true value or rarity that are dropped in Mirror Lake. The fact that it supplies a guaranteed 2 Mega Snacks every run is what keeps people going there. Since the only ways to get Mega Snacks are to buy them with Crowns, farm them, or garden them, this dungeon is a relatively easy and ethical approach to getting them. Gardening is certainly much less effort and provides a greater reward, and I would recommend it if you need quite a few Mega Snacks. However, for the average advanced player, farming at Mirror Lake can be just as rewarding though it requires more effort. Hope this helped!

-n00b (Happy April Fools day KingsIsle)
Actually some of the Sidhe gear is really good. My storm used the Squamish Sidhe gear for all ice battles for quite a while. It really depends on your school. For level 65 gear some is really good but it's very specific gear, not all around gear like Waterworks.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
seethe42 on Apr 2, 2014 wrote:
Actually some of the Sidhe gear is really good. My storm used the Squamish Sidhe gear for all ice battles for quite a while. It really depends on your school. For level 65 gear some is really good but it's very specific gear, not all around gear like Waterworks.
Thats what I'm talking about. Would you farm Mirror Lake over and over just to try and get Sidhe gear? In comparison to Waterworks its rather mediocre. Personally the only item that may be worth getting, if any, is the staff. The added pip chance and accuracy can prove pretty useful when doing quests to kill street monsters. From what I've seen, theyre not very rare either- I've gotten 3 of them and one was from my first ever run during the storyline. Even still, I wouldnt go out of my way to try and get it though. Thats why I said Mirror Lake doesnt drop anything of true value.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Aerier on Apr 3, 2014 wrote:
Thats what I'm talking about. Would you farm Mirror Lake over and over just to try and get Sidhe gear? In comparison to Waterworks its rather mediocre. Personally the only item that may be worth getting, if any, is the staff. The added pip chance and accuracy can prove pretty useful when doing quests to kill street monsters. From what I've seen, theyre not very rare either- I've gotten 3 of them and one was from my first ever run during the storyline. Even still, I wouldnt go out of my way to try and get it though. Thats why I said Mirror Lake doesnt drop anything of true value.
Actually people do farm it for the gear and for pets. As for true value I would disagree, you missed my point. My level 95 storm with all Hades gear and Waterworks gear available still uses Sidhe boots in certain battles. Zeus gear is the replacement for Sidhe. Nothing in the game drops anything of true value. It's a game and everything is virtual. My point was that some of the Sidhe gear is the best of it's type available until Tartarus. You failed to see that.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2013
Mirror lake is a pretty good place to get drops. I have gotten all of the sidhe gear there and some bonus pets, but the only thing I am missing is the sidhe staff. I have been in mirror lake for a while now and I still haven't got the sidhe staff. Hoping to get it in the future. Also the creatures ate way easy except the ice ones.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2011
Im still at caer lyon in avalon and Ive done mirror lake 20 times. The point is to get reagents, gear to sell, and then the 2 mega snacks you get everytime. -Connor Ironblood, level 74

Survivor
Jun 08, 2011
Also some people do it for the holiday gear. i got two easter wands the first time i ever did mirror lake