Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minions should stay defeated, not respawn

AuthorMessage
Hero
May 02, 2009
I was going through the black palace today trying to solo it, and on my second attempt I defeated one of the minions, yet when I come back, he respawns and I have to fight all 4 again.

It also doesn't help that you can't have friends port in to help you out (I understand this is to avoid power leveling but still).

I feel that if a minion is defeated, it should stay defeated, and not respawn until the dungeon is reset, as that would help out a ton.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
flash33 wrote:
I was going through the black palace today trying to solo it, and on my second attempt I defeated one of the minions, yet when I come back, he respawns and I have to fight all 4 again.

It also doesn't help that you can't have friends port in to help you out (I understand this is to avoid power leveling but still).

I feel that if a minion is defeated, it should stay defeated, and not respawn until the dungeon is reset, as that would help out a ton.

You need to figure out what the boss' cheat is. Nearly all of the bosses in Cel and Zaf cheat, and you will need to find out what triggers it.

I haven't done this instance yet, but the best comparison I can make (from what you've said) is to Trial of the Spheres. Astraeus starts out with 3 minions and a tower shield, until you figure out his cheat- once you know it, knock out the minions; when they're gone, he stops towering, and you have 3-4 rounds to kill him/do some serious damage before the minions respawn.

If I get there and figure it out, I'll let you know what does it. Until then, only the best of luck to you :)

Laura Shadowsong
Transcended Sorceress

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
flash33 wrote:

May I suggest hiring a level 50 life henchman to help you out. Worked for me.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
igor2340 wrote:
May I suggest hiring a level 50 life henchman to help you out. Worked for me.

They usually work for me, too. Only problem is, cheating bosses require a specific strategy to defeat, and you can't very well strategize with NPC henchmen.

If the boss' cheat specifies that you can't trap, and your henchman casts one, well.... you're kinda, sorta out of luck there. I tried Helephant Tower with a henchman after my group abandoned me, and it didn't work there, either.

Hero
May 02, 2009
I went in with another wizard and we beat it. The boss I had problems with had no cheats. Also since I'm short on crowns, I can't always hire henchmen, especially the ones that cost 100-400 crowns just for one battle (there's allot of arguments on this over on wizard101 central).

Survivor
Jun 04, 2011
When a wizard is defeated in 1v1 he/she is sent to main place. When a wizard is defeated in 2v2 or more his/she's head rolls until someone heals them. When a enemy is defeated it just disappears. So basically your complaining on what we do when wizards are defeated.

Justin Icecaller Transcended Thaumaturge (level 70)

Blaze Stormhammer Master Diviner (Level 41) Go Sparks!