Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lower levels allowed in higher level worlds?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 15, 2010
slammer111 wrote:
babciasal wrote:
I'm getting tired of seeing these lower level wizards on this world just to join battles and flee. This trolling is getting annoying and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with this, it just wastes my time and other peoples. :x

Just ignore these people, let them explore, no real way to block this AND allow low levels to have restrictions on sub (very discouraging to low levels who want to sub, and biased towards higher levels who have been playing longer) now I can somehow see this on an adult game, but on a game where 50-75% of population are kids, (especially new kids) I dont see this being added anytime, so the only think you can really do is ignore and work around it.
i am a magus and i am there in battles and i do not flee unless i am alone.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
I know this to be true: in the original Wizard101, with the "hardest" world being Dragonspyre, lower level wizards would friend the higher level ones so they could travel to Dragonspyre and do whatever quests they could. I was one of them, kind of still am. It's fun to see what's in store for you at lower levels, lets you know what you need to be prepared for.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
e4e5nc3 wrote:
Zafaria is for players 60+ but newbies still go there. I have to fight guys 3k+ and to bring in more when I am close to death sucks. They keep saying,"heal me" I am talking about non-stop saying that. wiz needs to make limits. Zafaria you must be 60+ to be able to go there. If players are no that, they can't go. Fighting you should be able to have a setting on,"do you want others to be able to join". If you fix those 2, I bet players would play this game more.
I know this is my second reply to this forum, but I just saw this.
Do you remember when your wizard was a low level, and you would always say "Let's go defeat Rattlebones in Unicorn Way," and other wizards on that quest would help you? Okay, look... the thing is, low levels are, well, low levels. And you are the high and mighty, snooty, stuck up transcended wizards who troll Alicane Swiftarrow for the sprite pet because you ran out of stuff to do. What is one thing low levels and high levels have in common. Spells. In my opinion, any help is good help, because any wizard can cast a spell and do damage. As long as a wizard can cast three ice beetles on my opponent(s), that's good enough.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Guys so what for lower levels cause maybe soemtimes your in a battle and no ones around and your only friend on is a low lvl tell him to teleport to you and help incase you die i mean there not all trollers they dont know how much health the enemies have and they can be really usefull against a boss with you its all about haveing freinds and dont rage cause YOUR THE ONE WHO ACCEPTED THERE FRIEND REQUEST.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
chimchar67 wrote:
Guys so what for lower levels cause maybe soemtimes your in a battle and no ones around and your only friend on is a low lvl tell him to teleport to you and help incase you die i mean there not all trollers they dont know how much health the enemies have and they can be really usefull against a boss with you its all about haveing freinds and dont rage cause YOUR THE ONE WHO ACCEPTED THERE FRIEND REQUEST.
im not sure about that first part but i agree with that last part. if you dont want low levels in your new high level worlds do what i do DONT EXCEPT LOW LEVEL FRIEND REQUEST!

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
What some of you seem to be missing is that friends on your list are usually not the problem. It's people on others lists who accept anyone,and then allow these people to port unrestricted,that usually goes on and cause problems for everyone.If more people would be selective about their friends,this would never have become an issue. The underling problem is that some people just don't care,and ruin the gaming experience for everyone else.So that being the case,KI should only allow porting to worlds in which you have unlocked through the "spiral key" quest progression. While this solution may be frowned upon by some friends and family members, It is better to enact this solution than to allow so many to suffer from rude and thoughtless players. :?

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
The other day, I saw a level 12 running around Avalon. I didn't say anything, but I did follow him to see what he did. He went into the High Road, and joined battles. I'm sure the person he ported to wasn't in any of these battles, as each of them had different players.

Not only did he bring in an additional enemy, but would get wiped out with ONE HIT. He didn't flee, but did beg to be healed. On more than one occasion, the other players would make a comment similar to "are you kidding?". The level 12 didn't stop with one battle, he kept joining others. To level up? Possibly. Did he annoy others? Definitely. That's too low of a level to be running around a world like Avalon.

If a low level friend ports to you in another world, that's a different matter, depending on whether you want them to or not. Turning off ports can be a good thing.

But, if a low level ports to another world just to run around and join other wizard battles where they don't belong, then there's a problem.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
You know that speech bubble you get from merle ambrose that says "sorry wizard your not ready for this area yet" when the area needs to load? Wouldn't it be good for them to use this system? When someone who has not earned the right to go to that world, just use that message when they attempt.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
AstroStorm wrote:
You know that speech bubble you get from merle ambrose that says "sorry wizard your not ready for this area yet" when the area needs to load? Wouldn't it be good for them to use this system? When someone who has not earned the right to go to that world, just use that message when they attempt.
that would fix evreything right there

Survivor
May 25, 2009
I think this does not apply to me because i am level 69 death and 22 storm i always just ignore them.

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
I am level 80, I was fighting just 2 guys until 2 newbies came in and 2 more monster for me to fight. The low levels die with one hit. both newbies were asking to be healed over and over non-stop. I was close to death before they came. I am glad i having healing. 3800 HP each. I was down to 1200 HP. It was too hard to think with newbies always talking in the game. I was born to fight thier battles and heal them too.
I have said in the past, join or not join pot should be in the host's game. Some players get pulled in. If i said no they wouldn't be there. I know from the past, if a choice, i would be glad not to be pulled in. I don't want to play for a game to baby sit players.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
I totally agree with you on this topic! It is so annoying having lower level people joining my battle and attracting more enemies. Then in thier second turn they end up dying and saying something like "I need more health!" I am not sure if it occurrs to them but death wizards are NOT meant to heal others ! Also I get annoyed when I am with my friend that is a lower level and people yell "Help!"

Yes I do understand that KI cannot do anything to keep them from special areas because they pay but I truely do wish KI can sort the realms by level. Please KI try to consider my idea 8)!

Survivor
May 17, 2011
Just let them be.
KI is probaly not changing that because people want a fun game and low levels might have never been there before. If you were busy in a fight, and some low level asks you, you'd probaly not have time to cast your spell, or you'd fail?

Mary SparkleBlossom lvl 65 Thurgest