Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lower levels allowed in higher level worlds?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
babciasal wrote:
I'm getting tired of seeing these lower level wizards on this world just to join battles and flee. This trolling is getting annoying and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with this, it just wastes my time and other peoples. :x

i find this post to be unexceptable and disrespectful to lower levels some people are nice enough to bring their friends to zafaria and celestia just because they ask and if KI did a teleport lock in certain worlds it would be unfair people are screwed up these days i tell you SCREWED UP and letting levels get in the way would by cyber-bullying on the games end so they cant do that sheesh people understand basic logic

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
Carni wrote:
I'm getting a bit tired of this. You guys are whining and it's ridiculous. Most noobs just want to explore the game! Let them! If they go to a place where you have to battle, well, to put it frankly, they'll get creamed. Just make sure they're not in fighting zones! You could tell them to leave. Is that so hard? I don't want any quarrels, I'm just expressing my opinion. I think that anyone above level 40 should be able to VISIT CL, WT, and ZF, and anyone over level 45 should be able to fight there.

Megan Emeraldblade, level 44, Master Sorceress

Without the balance that we bring all would be Chaos

Brittany Deathbringer, level 26, Adept Necromancer

If Chaos diddn't exist, life would be boring. Chaos comes with Death
I agree I havent played this game in months because of those newbies porting to me. I also agree with your level cap thing 40 or higher can visit the worlds all around.

Noah icebreaker lvl 63 ice :D

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
eggywig wrote:
This topic has been posted many times before on DragonSpyre, Celestia, and I think even Wintertusk. I believe that low level wizards should be allowed to visit these higher level worlds, but only the non-battle zones. Then again, my friend in Dragonspyre some times asks for help. Maybe you can only go into battle areas if the person who you teleported to allows it. That would work. So it would go something like this: Jacob Dragonrider (made up name, by the way) is going through Celestia
(notification pops up)
Alexander GreenShield (lv. 36) wants to teleport to you!
Allow?
Jacob: Okay fine. (clicks yes)
Alexander: Yay!
(Notification pops up)
Christina FireBlade (lv. 11) wants to teleport to you!
Allow?
Jacob: Sorry Christina (clicks no)

This notification would only pop up if the wizard who is trying to teleport to you has not unlocked this world by regular game play. In theory, there would be an option for you to turn this off if most of your friends are not annoying/just begining the game. So there is my idea. It seems fair to me.

Surprised but this actually sounds pretty good my bloat the application though unnecessarily and to be honest I enjoy playing with younger wizards. I consider keeping them alive and making sure everyone survives to be an added challenge that seems to be missing if everyone in the battle is the appropriate level there is no challenge. You want to have fun pull tree level twin ty players through Zamunda haha is not easy but is fun :D

Survivor
Feb 11, 2011
I'm sick of level lower then me going in higher worlds let them go there but no battles

Defender
Mar 11, 2011
Who would have a lvl 11 on there friend list if they are high enough to go to celestia. I would never allow that, I'm lvl 70 .....

Explorer
Jan 03, 2012
Dink0707 wrote:
Busymk wrote:
There has alredy been many messages like this. KI is never going to change that! Lower lvls that have bought a membership have unlimeted acess to where they go. Personly i find it helpful. Just becuase they are low lvl does not mean the are not strong. if it bothers you so much why are you even playing this game?

I truly agree with you. Lower levels are VERY often stronger than many higher levels. I enjoy the help. Plus I enjoy helping others no matter what level they are. Many people in this subject are beginning to sound quite selfish.

good point
when i beat marva flame wing for fire dragon quests i had 3 level 20 wizards come and they got rid of all her shields and protection pox

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
eggywig wrote:
This topic has been posted many times before on DragonSpyre, Celestia, and I think even Wintertusk. I believe that low level wizards should be allowed to visit these higher level worlds, but only the non-battle zones. Then again, my friend in Dragonspyre some times asks for help. Maybe you can only go into battle areas if the person who you teleported to allows it. That would work. So it would go something like this: Jacob Dragonrider (made up name, by the way) is going through Celestia
(notification pops up)
Allow?
(Notification pops up)
Allow?

This notification would only pop up if the wizard who is trying to teleport to you has not unlocked this world by regular game play. In theory, there would be an option for you to turn this off if most of your friends are not annoying/just begining the game. So there is my idea. It seems fair to me.
It would work except for one thing, the people who dont care if lower levels spoil other peoples matches.
Perhaps some wizard101 driving classes would help. ( being sarcastic here )

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
If lower levels want to look around, I don't have a problem with that. However, if they wish to join battles, then they should hang around with the person that they ported to, and not join in on other wizards battles (without asking first).

Too many times on Celestia and Zafaria, I had low-level wizards join my battles (without asking first). Not only does it add extra enemies, but these low-levels say "heal me", "shield me", "blade me" all the time. Uh, "no". It's hard enough battling the enemies, but when you're in the first 'circle', it's all you can do to help yourself. I'm not there to take care of a low-level's needs or have them flee after the first spell is cast.

It's gotten to the point, that if a low-level (low enough that you know they haven't unlocked the world), joins my battle without asking, I wait until the third or fourth enemy lands on the circle, then I flee and start over.

If a low-level asks to join my battle, I generally say yes and give them a shot. In these cases, they fight the best they can, and it's appreciated.

It's hard to say what would be the best solution, if there ever is one. Like I mentioned, I don't mind if they wander around 'looking' or doing battles with the person they port to. But, at the same time, I don't want them interfering with MY game play.

When I started playing Wizard101, I can honestly say, I NEVER ported to higher level friends, nor did I ever port to worlds I hadn't unlocked yet. To me, what's the fun in that? I enjoyed the process of discovering new worlds I hadn't seen yet.

Balance - Transcended (done with everything)
Ice - Master
Dealth - Magus
Fire - Adept
Myth - Initiate
Storm - Novice

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
lol this has been a topic going on for a year or more now goes back to CL .. nothing was done then nothing will be done now. Not trying to bad mouth anyone but that's just the way it seems. I never understand why they go to higher lvl places they wont lvl fast there are no quest for them.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
A lot of people who have posted on this topic are legendary or transcended. I am a lvl 38 but I have this problem also. However, I have a true, real life story for you guys. My brother recently got membership, and he was excited to go see all the worlds. One time, his lvl 60+ friend was in, I think drum jungle (in zafaria) and she was fighting this guy who I'm pretty sure had 7,000 health. Anyway, he ported to her and guess what? He helped her beat him, and without his help she would have died ( she was pretty close to death). So just consider this plz.

--Sabrina Goldendust
lvl 38 conjurer

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Sadly, there is nothing we can do without altering the entire game completely, and personally, i'd rather deal with it then go to those type of tactics.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
babciasal wrote:
I'm getting tired of seeing these lower level wizards on this world just to join battles and flee. This trolling is getting annoying and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with this, it just wastes my time and other peoples. :x
I helped my friend beat malistare and won. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x I helped beat abunch of quest in dragonspyre and mooshoo

Jason Stormshield (lvl 31)

Defender
May 17, 2011
Ok. Maybe some people need to see this from the view of an genuine low level. I am almost level fifty, but my other wizard (myth) is level twelve. I love to see zafaria and battle with high levels there to get gear I can sell for 13k gold. Many of my fellow low levels☺would be devastated if they couldn't go to the cool high level worlds anymore. Face it, WC, Kroko, and sometimes even MB can get pretty dull. Grizzleheim is a great solution, but is only available to a small percentage of low levels, therefore making it impossible for low levels to always be satisfied with this game. Low levels are people, too, and everyone of us was one of them once. Don't you all remember seeing a master or higher level wizard in the commons and wanting to add them and be as cool as them very very much. I can see my brother playing wizard101 right now, happily fighting with his friends, facing some thorn paw hunters. Oh wait. Now he is in the non-battle area of zafaria, sad because a bunch of high levels got mad at him for trying to help and heal them.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
one day, I was in MB and this lvl 5 guy came along. He was just walking around. That I didn't mind. This girl then came over, joined my battle, (she was lvl 6) she casted blood bat, fleed, then left me to die. She also keep bothering me to be her friend. I said no. Then she started using me as a personal teleporter. I think we should put restrictions on who can go into worlds, (as in you need to be certain level to look around there) and level retstrictions on which players can join battles. (As in MB you need to be lvl 20 to get there and you need to be lvl 25 to join battles.) This game would be a much better game if that happened.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2011
I didn't use to mind lower level (or even a bit higher, but not in zone I'm in) teleporting to me. But I started removing anyone who friended me and then ported, just to flee the battle and leave me to possibly die with another enemy added into the battle.

I did have someone port to a dungeon I had one friend helping me with, who was low level, but she stuck around and did her part to help, at least through that battle and one other one. She wound up being a big help and didnt ask for healing.

So, I have mixed feelings. If someone will stick around and do their part I don't mind, but if they port and flee they'll be removed from my friend list.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
*answering first post* try looking from the weak guys POV. when he ports, he doesnt know your fighting and entering at any means, he might think "oh man, im screwed" and flees, afraid of dying and thinking you can handle them. on the top, seeing the name of an area youve never been in is very tempting to click yes to. he might just wanna explore

Defender
Mar 11, 2011
This is what I do with that. Each time I level up, I clean out my friends list. I only keep people within my level range. 60-70 lvl. Anyone not in range I remove from the friends list. PROBLEM SOLVED :P

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
This conversation has given a largley negetive conotation to the term "low level" i understand how annoying this is but complaining and whining so you can have everything you want is not the answer. Again we where all curious lower leved wizards just starting out. If this happens and they join, flee first. They will die and learn random joining is rude, and possibly even learn to ask for admitance into battle.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2012
I think lower level wizards should be allowed to go where ever they want! :P

Historian
May 01, 2010
thewiz28 wrote:
This is what I do with that. Each time I level up, I clean out my friends list. I only keep people within my level range. 60-70 lvl. Anyone not in range I remove from the friends list. PROBLEM SOLVED :P

Gah, it seems like you treat people on your friends list like material, only caring about the level, and not the person, sorry if that is completely wrong, but that is sure what you made it sound like. Anyone meaning Everyone? Everyone will eventually get up to 70, 80, 90, or even a 100 when it comes out, if htey dont quit first, so why would you delete someone because they currently dont set your "criteria", even when YOU are the one that accepted/sent the friend request? (Note: I am not against deleting for more practical reasons, like leaching, begging, etc, just that reason sounds a bit too "materialistic")

@anyone that agrees with eggywig's original idea:
Tell me, what would it be like on the other end? What will be the message? "This friend doesnt want you to port?" Porting failed?" "No, you cant port?" especially for a low level that new what it was about, how would you think they would feel? Unwanted? Remember, this game is build more around a kid friendly enviroment, and would you want your own kids (if you have them) to be rejected by older kids when they are in school?

These chain of threads really need to stop, this has been like this when DS came out "Low Level Non-chatters in Plaza of Conquests", CL: dont know any specific thread names, but I know I started a possible solution (same as eggywig's), but someone gave me that point I mentioned above and made me hate my own idea, ZF: do I REALLY have to name one of the exact threads? :P And I am almost certain that it will happen when new content comes out.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
I too hate it. I also hate that people go to Zafaria and then fight then die. They balme ME for thier death. Not thier own foolishness, ALL MY FAULT! I am thinking of turning off ports when I quest.

Low lvl hating bag :(
Valdus Darkcaster

Survivor
May 06, 2011

Re: EggywigThis topic has been posted many times before on DragonSpyre, Celestia, and I think even Wintertusk. I believe that low level wizards should be allowed to visit these higher level worlds, but only the non-battle zones. Then again, my friend in Dragonspyre some times asks for help. Maybe you can only go into battle areas if the person who you teleported to allows it. That would work. So it would go something like this: Jacob Dragonrider (made up name, by the way) is going through Celestia
(notification pops up)
Allow?
(Notification pops up)
Allow?

Lgr1500:This notification would only pop up if the wizard who is trying to teleport to you has not unlocked this world by regular game play. In theory, there would be an option for you to turn this off if most of your friends are not annoying/just begining the game. So there is my idea. It seems fair to me.
I think a good idea could if someone wants to join a battle the whole group gets a message asking if they would like so and so to join the battle and it's kinda a vote thing... Reply to this and tell me your opions :D

Lauren Moonstone Level 70 Fire

Survivor
May 06, 2011
babciasal wrote:

Well maybe if you turn off your friend requests you can only friend them? And if your friends with them? Well idk what to do but

eggywig wrote:
(notification pops up)
Allow?
(Notification pops up)
Allow?

@Eggywig its a good idea but what is the message the person gonna get back? Jacob Dragonrider declined your teleport request? But besides that, its good!

@Babciasal: Yeah it's trolling and it is very annoying and @eggywig had a practical idea

Okay i know this a long post but anyways, I mean out of 100%, 75% is kids and the other 25% Is adults, Not even that much. So a majority is kids and there parents (or kids) are paying customers. So i know how much complaining goes on the lower levels CAN sometimes help, Cause my cousin Alexandra Rosewalker Level 33 fire in krok, she has life as her secondary and heals me in battles and my bffl Destiny Moonstone Level 48 Fire in DS She helps me a lot in battles, Even tho she dies or doesnt participate alot it still helps.. So they kind of can be helpful but still unhelpful at the same time. This is my opion and i know a lot of you WILL have a different one and i know this post is very long, So im ending it here! Please reply back to this post
LAUREN MOONSTONE LEVEL 69

Survivor
Jan 15, 2010
babciasal wrote:
novice wizard huh why do you say that i am a magus

Survivor
Jan 15, 2010
eggywig wrote:
(notification pops up)
Allow?
(Notification pops up)
Allow?why on that subject why not houses?