Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lower levels allowed in higher level worlds?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 27, 2008
16
I'm getting tired of seeing these lower level wizards on this world just to join battles and flee. This trolling is getting annoying and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with this, it just wastes my time and other peoples. :x

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
13
yes I agree , I have already posted something similiar to this plus if they stay to battle it takes up a slot another player might need .

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
729
This topic has been posted many times before on DragonSpyre, Celestia, and I think even Wintertusk. I believe that low level wizards should be allowed to visit these higher level worlds, but only the non-battle zones. Then again, my friend in Dragonspyre some times asks for help. Maybe you can only go into battle areas if the person who you teleported to allows it. That would work. So it would go something like this: Jacob Dragonrider (made up name, by the way) is going through Celestia
(notification pops up)
Alexander GreenShield (lv. 36) wants to teleport to you!
Allow?
Jacob: Okay fine. (clicks yes)
Alexander: Yay!
(Notification pops up)
Christina FireBlade (lv. 11) wants to teleport to you!
Allow?
Jacob: Sorry Christina (clicks no)

This notification would only pop up if the wizard who is trying to teleport to you has not unlocked this world by regular game play. In theory, there would be an option for you to turn this off if most of your friends are not annoying/just begining the game. So there is my idea. It seems fair to me.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2009
8
I agree. The problem is it violates the things you get from subscriptions(you have access to ALL worlds).

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
196
Historian
May 01, 2010
665
babciasal wrote:
I'm getting tired of seeing these lower level wizards on this world just to join battles and flee. This trolling is getting annoying and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with this, it just wastes my time and other peoples. :x


Just ignore these people, let them explore, no real way to block this AND allow low levels to have restrictions on sub (very discouraging to low levels who want to sub, and biased towards higher levels who have been playing longer) now I can somehow see this on an adult game, but on a game where 50-75% of population are kids, (especially new kids) I dont see this being added anytime, so the only think you can really do is ignore and work around it.

Explorer
Jul 02, 2009
73
Just let them die if they are joining your fights. The mobs will attack the people that attack them. A life wizard can survive amd allow the people to just get hammered. It might not solve the problem but it does cause a lot of thought on their part. KI could implement a "teleport lock" that would allow wizards who have the appropriate "Spiral Key" to join friends in fights where they are not likely to have trouble getting crushed by the spells cast.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
39
There has alredy been many messages like this. KI is never going to change that! Lower lvls that have bought a membership have unlimeted acess to where they go. Personly i find it helpful. Just becuase they are low lvl does not mean the are not strong. if it bothers you so much why are you even playing this game?

Survivor
Aug 11, 2010
1
I can't go to ds or cl or zafaria and I don't have any qurets left and I am llegendary level 60 fix it plz wizard 101 But is only my ice wizard :(

Survivor
May 18, 2011
3
Busymk wrote:
There has alredy been many messages like this. KI is never going to change that! Lower lvls that have bought a membership have unlimeted acess to where they go. Personly i find it helpful. Just becuase they are low lvl does not mean the are not strong. if it bothers you so much why are you even playing this game?


I truly agree with you. Lower levels are VERY often stronger than many higher levels. I enjoy the help. Plus I enjoy helping others no matter what level they are. Many people in this subject are beginning to sound quite selfish.

Explorer
Mar 27, 2011
58
solution:

push ESC key, go to privacy option and select 'no' on the 'allow friends teleport' line.

The more people do this, the less annoyances you'll get. :P

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
96
You have a nice solution. This problem is totally getting out of hand and soon if new worlds come out the problem will increase. So fellow wizards please do what the person above me said. The other day i was fightig blackbacks a low level came and fleed. i had to fight 3 people with 3000+ health.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
328
I agree, if they do not have the quest, they should not but in.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
23
Only problem with the solution: You ask a level 70 for example to help you, they cant port ;)

I think they should stop allowing level 1-25 go to worlds like DS all the way to ZF (INCLUDING WT!!!) its just unfair to higher level players who need help and that low levels think its funny to throw a firecat at them and flee. Its UNFAIR, atleast have the acceptance to porting to higher worlds.

I messaged KI about this, they can't figure a way out, we suggest it, they ignore it. Sometimes WE CAN help.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
39
Dink0707 wrote:
Busymk wrote:
There has alredy been many messages like this. KI is never going to change that! Lower lvls that have bought a membership have unlimeted acess to where they go. Personly i find it helpful. Just becuase they are low lvl does not mean the are not strong. if it bothers you so much why are you even playing this game?


I truly agree with you. Lower levels are VERY often stronger than many higher levels. I enjoy the help. Plus I enjoy helping others no matter what level they are. Many people in this subject are beginning to sound quite selfish.
we are not selfish i agree with everyone who is saying "low lvls are annoying" just because we are frustrated with noobs coming in to the high lvl worlds doesn't make us rude or mean, ether your a low lvl your self or you have had this problem before too, it does not matter if you have low lvl friends, it matters if you let them into the high worlds, we had the same problem with celetia and dragonsprye. if KI made a system where if your maybe 35 or below and trying to get into CL, WT or ZF you a screen might pop out and say "you haven't unlocked this area yet." i know this is sounding rude to you but low lvls just don't really have the spells and skill to fight in these new worlds

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
39
000000000000000o wrote:
Dink0707 wrote:
Busymk wrote:
There has alredy been many messages like this. KI is never going to change that! Lower lvls that have bought a membership have unlimeted acess to where they go. Personly i find it helpful. Just becuase they are low lvl does not mean the are not strong. if it bothers you so much why are you even playing this game?


I truly agree with you. Lower levels are VERY often stronger than many higher levels. I enjoy the help. Plus I enjoy helping others no matter what level they are. Many people in this subject are beginning to sound quite selfish.
we are not selfish i agree with everyone who is saying "low lvls are annoying" just because we are frustrated with noobs coming in to the high lvl worlds doesn't make us rude or mean, ether your a low lvl your self or you have had this problem before too, it does not matter if you have low lvl friends, it matters if you let them into the high worlds, we had the same problem with celetia and dragonsprye. if KI made a system where if your maybe 35 or below and trying to get into CL, WT or ZF you a screen might pop out and say "you haven't unlocked this area yet." i know this is sounding rude to you but low lvls just don't really have the spells and skill to fight in these new worlds


KI is trying very hard to make this a good, fun game. By the words most of you are using it does sound like you are being selfish.

P.S. I'm NOT a low lvl AND I have no problem w/ lower lvls helping me!

Iridian RoseHeart
lvl 64 Legendary
Thamuturge

Survivor
Oct 03, 2010
4
Ok. i get that a lower level sometimes teleports to you then leaves after another person joins you should be able to wizard up and take on the fight , or they keep getting in the way of quests or whatever, many times lower levels have given me the few seconds to flee use a bottle and port back.

I am a lvl 70 ice
My wizard is Zachary Frostwalker

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
563
They can be there if they want. But if they're really ruining the battle for you, I guess they should flee.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
275
This is on like every realm DS-ZF. Kingsisle can't do anything about this because they are paying players. They can keep them from entering battles though. It does get annoying seeing a level 20 yell "Help!" when I do side quests. I've asked friends in the 50-59 range for help and without them I wouldn't have finished Zf. I'm 50% no lower levels in realms they shouldn't be in and 50% they have a right to go where they please.

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
14
I really get sick of lower levels yelling help or fleeing in higher worlds - or just using you as a personal teleport pad too, and i think the idea of a notification when people are porting to you would be a great idea.
I do know a few little guys in the late 40s and 50s who are awesome players and really useful to have around.Some of these guys are not on their first wiz by any means, but some are just good hard fighters and should be encouraged. A notification would solve all the problems.

I believe there's another point to be made as well, which is that we work for these levels and the advanced spells that come with them. I don't think it's too ethical for people to just decide that because they pay a subscription, it is ok to ruin others game play. Remember the advanced players also play their subs.

A side issue to this is that i have seen level 68 spells which have been buffed with astral spells, turned into treasure cards and sold to the bazaar. Maybe thats a good way to make gold but personally I have found that gold has not been an issue since grizzleheim and once players get to level 68, you can't sell the gear you pick up fast enough, and end up at the gold limit because it commands great prices.

Gear is limited to levels, so should be spells and worlds with the exception of people who are approved by whoever they are porting to.

Miranda FireSong -Transcended Pyromancer


Squire
Jun 19, 2009
514
Steps to lower level extinction in higher worlds:

1: Do not add them. If you must, then turn off ports and when someone higher leveled needs to port, quickly turn it on and off.

2:Let them learn the hard way. Do not heal or encourage them. Tell them not to join. If they do, say: "Please go away!" or even report

3: Use hidden to friends.

4: An update maybe allowing people in a battle or not would be fine by me. But not by level.

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
301
I understand that it's annoying how lower levels butt in our battles, but they have a right to do so. I bet that when you were low levels you teleported to higher worlds. I remember when I was a low level I ported to my friends in Celestia ( Zafaria not being out at the time). In conclusion, if you dont want a low level porting to you, just dont add them.

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
40
Zafaria is for players 60+ but newbies still go there. I have to fight guys 3k+ and to bring in more when I am close to death sucks. They keep saying,"heal me" I am talking about non-stop saying that. wiz needs to make limits. Zafaria you must be 60+ to be able to go there. If players are no that, they can't go. Fighting you should be able to have a setting on,"do you want others to be able to join". If you fix those 2, I bet players would play this game more.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
755
i think all subscription should have access to all worlds but...

unless they meet the criteria of that world
they should not be able to participate in the battles
or any part of the quests available and
not be able to pick up any thing or
buy any thing from vendors.

this would promote the players to run the quest lines
to get there and play it
but it does not deny them access to that world as a sight seeing tourist.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
45
I'm getting a bit tired of this. You guys are whining and it's ridiculous. Most noobs just want to explore the game! Let them! If they go to a place where you have to battle, well, to put it frankly, they'll get creamed. Just make sure they're not in fighting zones! You could tell them to leave. Is that so hard? I don't want any quarrels, I'm just expressing my opinion. I think that anyone above level 40 should be able to VISIT CL, WT, and ZF, and anyone over level 45 should be able to fight there.

Megan Emeraldblade, level 44, Master Sorceress

Without the balance that we bring all would be Chaos

Brittany Deathbringer, level 26, Adept Necromancer

If Chaos diddn't exist, life would be boring. Chaos comes with Death