Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ice gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
So i was in cl having a blast with my 40 resist gear and i love ice and their resist and health had 40 resist 4198 hp but i ran into a problem when i got to zafaria. i noticed that you can get some pretty boss gear from waterworks but after running it a 7 times and only getting boots i got bored. So i went to zf to drop farm for ice gear and i looked at the ice robe for 64 and it gave 335 health and 2 just 2 global resist! i examined the boots and hat and i came to a total of 9 global resist 3989 health 60 critical and 27 block. thats sounds nothing like ice wizards at lvl 64. if at lvl 58 i have 40 resist and 4198 health then with my lvl 64 gear i should get even high right? apparently that wasnt the case and i ended up getting smashed on in some boss battles and a few side fights. So does anyone have a reason for this or a conclusion OTHER than getting ww gear cause it takes forever to get and i run on a membership that i can't waste 5 days on to get 3 pieces of gear since i wanna get to azteca before it expires. And if i am gonna run throughout zf with 9 resist and 27 block rating it defeats the purpose of making an ice wiz along with their low attack. someone let me know what they think cause i checked some of the lvl 66 and 68 gear and its the same thing a lvl 66 robe gave 3 global resist and 17 ice block instead of global block.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
IceWolvering on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
So i was in cl having a blast with my 40 resist gear and i love ice and their resist and health had 40 resist 4198 hp but i ran into a problem when i got to zafaria. i noticed that you can get some pretty boss gear from waterworks but after running it a 7 times and only getting boots i got bored. So i went to zf to drop farm for ice gear and i looked at the ice robe for 64 and it gave 335 health and 2 just 2 global resist! i examined the boots and hat and i came to a total of 9 global resist 3989 health 60 critical and 27 block. thats sounds nothing like ice wizards at lvl 64. if at lvl 58 i have 40 resist and 4198 health then with my lvl 64 gear i should get even high right? apparently that wasnt the case and i ended up getting smashed on in some boss battles and a few side fights. So does anyone have a reason for this or a conclusion OTHER than getting ww gear cause it takes forever to get and i run on a membership that i can't waste 5 days on to get 3 pieces of gear since i wanna get to azteca before it expires. And if i am gonna run throughout zf with 9 resist and 27 block rating it defeats the purpose of making an ice wiz along with their low attack. someone let me know what they think cause i checked some of the lvl 66 and 68 gear and its the same thing a lvl 66 robe gave 3 global resist and 17 ice block instead of global block.
On my first wizard I actually did almost all of Zafaria solo on my life wizard with level 58 gear. Mid way I did learn about the crafted gear from Wintertusk and did make the helmet for the extra blade and it is very close to the stats of the WW hood. I did do many runs though WW and did finally get the robe to do Mirror Lake with.

Now that my Life wizard can craft the gear for all the other schools I make the Wintertusk sets.

After a certain level gear doesn't get purchased ever 5th or so levels like in the first arc. I mix and match the rest of my gear to make up the stats I need which usually are drops I have gotten along the way.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Welcome to post-Waterworks gear choices.

Almost all gear from here on out will require you to make some hard choices about what type of resist, what type of block, accuracy, damage, or pip chance you will want.

For now, enjoy the waterworks and Celestia gear's global resist.

Up to about Stone Town, then most of the bosses and a few of the street minions will start to be able to crit through your block and do some real damage.

It might be wise to look at Waterworks again at some point, since the block on Waterworks gear is usually enough to carry you through to about Caer Lyon. Yes, it's boring and soul crushing and then after about 30 tries, you get something you need and you can use it immediately.

Another good thing to look at is crafted athame Olyphant's Storied Scimitar and crafted ring Wintertusk Ring of Valor. Both give a solid universal block and some health and decent pips. Ring gives good healing as well and even a smidgen of energy.