Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Have Fun, But Don't Be Annoying...

1
AuthorMessage
Champion
Apr 18, 2010
403
With all the talk about Zafaria, and it's awesome new features, many wizards are eager to go, despite them not being level 60. Now, about a year ago, I would have been screaming to those little wizards. But I have changed and I believe that they can go into these worlds. BUT they shouldn't be interrupting the people who have unlocked this worlds. Feel free to look around, but dont run into a battle, because im sorry to say but, unless your grandmaster plus, you really cant help. So remember have fun, but dont annoy us.

P.S. Daniel Thunderflame is BACK!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
With all the talk about Zafaria, and it's awesome new features, many wizards are eager to go, despite them not being level 60. Now, about a year ago, I would have been screaming to those little wizards. But I have changed and I believe that they can go into these worlds. BUT they shouldn't be interrupting the people who have unlocked this worlds. Feel free to look around, but dont run into a battle, because im sorry to say but, unless your grandmaster plus, you really cant help. So remember have fun, but dont annoy us.

P.S. Daniel Thunderflame is BACK!


So tell the people who ask my level 50's storm to these fights just because she has storm lord and knows how to use it to stop it.

This is a very tired subject - in the end you must treat this as just another challenge in the game, build a bridge and get over it. Just so you know I have several wizards of different schools and levels and have played the game for quite some time now and many more people of my own level have joined a fight unasked and fled then any lower level wizard ever has.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
403
brwac wrote:
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
With all the talk about Zafaria, and it's awesome new features, many wizards are eager to go, despite them not being level 60. Now, about a year ago, I would have been screaming to those little wizards. But I have changed and I believe that they can go into these worlds. BUT they shouldn't be interrupting the people who have unlocked this worlds. Feel free to look around, but dont run into a battle, because im sorry to say but, unless your grandmaster plus, you really cant help. So remember have fun, but dont annoy us.

P.S. Daniel Thunderflame is BACK!


So tell the people who ask my level 50's storm to these fights just because she has storm lord and knows how to use it to stop it.

This is a very tired subject - in the end you must treat this as just another challenge in the game, build a bridge and get over it. Just so you know I have several wizards of different schools and levels and have played the game for quite some time now and many more people of my own level have joined a fight unasked and fled then any lower level wizard ever has.


Once again, im giving suggestions. Thats all. Obviously they're exceptions, Im talking from my experience

Hero
Nov 22, 2010
749
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
Feel free to look around, but dont run into a battle, because im sorry to say but, unless your grandmaster plus, you really cant help.


On all the other worlds, including wintertusk and celestia, I have to argue with you. Low levels, even as low as level 10, are helpful in battles as long as they don't tank.

but in Zafaria with the amount of damage that the normal enemies do and the fact that all too often they do mutli-hit attacks, low levels don't last even one round. So they do nothing but join a battle and die, taking up a spot.

And honestly, there's no reason for anyone to join a high level battle to get xp as there isn't any more xp gained from battling stuff way over your level than there is battling stuff way under your level.

3 xp per pip spent. that's all.

And while the gear might sell for a lot of cash, so does the gear from less difficult worlds.

So low levels that want to wander around in Zafaria really do need to stay out of the fights.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
594
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
brwac wrote:
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
With all the talk about Zafaria, and it's awesome new features, many wizards are eager to go, despite them not being level 60. Now, about a year ago, I would have been screaming to those little wizards. But I have changed and I believe that they can go into these worlds. BUT they shouldn't be interrupting the people who have unlocked this worlds. Feel free to look around, but dont run into a battle, because im sorry to say but, unless your grandmaster plus, you really cant help. So remember have fun, but dont annoy us.

P.S. Daniel Thunderflame is BACK!


So tell the people who ask my level 50's storm to these fights just because she has storm lord and knows how to use it to stop it.

This is a very tired subject - in the end you must treat this as just another challenge in the game, build a bridge and get over it. Just so you know I have several wizards of different schools and levels and have played the game for quite some time now and many more people of my own level have joined a fight unasked and fled then any lower level wizard ever has.


Once again, im giving suggestions. Thats all. Obviously they're exceptions, Im talking from my experience

For all those who are not Questing but are Helping:

First off, if you're Asked to be there, stick with the person who asked you there.

Second, you're not needed in Street Fights. Bosses and Instances, fine, but stay out of Street Battles because other people who are actually Doing Quests need those battles more than you. The limits on battle circles in the Savannah and Baobab Market are quite limited and it is very annoying for someone who isn't questing there to be involved in a battle.

So please, think about the people who have earned the right to be there by doing their quests and don't just port to people. I would love KingsIsle to add an Approve / Disallow Teleport request pop up like the friend request, group request, hatch request, etc.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
589
brwac wrote:
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
With all the talk about Zafaria, and it's awesome new features, many wizards are eager to go, despite them not being level 60. Now, about a year ago, I would have been screaming to those little wizards. But I have changed and I believe that they can go into these worlds. BUT they shouldn't be interrupting the people who have unlocked this worlds. Feel free to look around, but dont run into a battle, because im sorry to say but, unless your grandmaster plus, you really cant help. So remember have fun, but dont annoy us.

P.S. Daniel Thunderflame is BACK!


So tell the people who ask my level 50's storm to these fights just because she has storm lord and knows how to use it to stop it.

This is a very tired subject - in the end you must treat this as just another challenge in the game, build a bridge and get over it. Just so you know I have several wizards of different schools and levels and have played the game for quite some time now and many more people of my own level have joined a fight unasked and fled then any lower level wizard ever has.


Well I have been playing this game longer than you and I have more experience. I am extremely tried of 2 noobs joining then fleeing and then suddenly its 1v4. I don't yell, I don't do anything really except die! People under level 50 should be locked out of battles in Zafaria so that they can explore but not ruin the fun for someone else? Is that fair enough?

Hero
Nov 22, 2010
749
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
People under level 50 should be locked out of battles in Zafaria so that they can explore but not ruin the fun for someone else? Is that fair enough?


no, it's not.

There are all sorts of things I feel should be restricted.

I don't think people should be able to equip school pets on any character except the one that got the quest and earned the pet.

I don't think people should be able to port characters into worlds that they haven't unlocked yet.

I don't think people should be able to port into dungeons that they haven't unlocked, even if they have unlocked the world that the dungeon is in.

I don't feel high level spells should be allowed on low level worlds. Just because a life mage has forest lord, doesn't means he should be able to use it if he ports to Krok to help someone. He should be stuck with the spells that people just coming up through the levels would have in Krok.

I don't feel people should be allowed to use clothes from worlds they haven't unlocked to stitch with.

But just because I personally feel that way, it doesn't mean that the game would be better for all concerned if my restrictions were implemented.


Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
brwac wrote:
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
With all the talk about Zafaria, and it's awesome new features, many wizards are eager to go, despite them not being level 60. Now, about a year ago, I would have been screaming to those little wizards. But I have changed and I believe that they can go into these worlds. BUT they shouldn't be interrupting the people who have unlocked this worlds. Feel free to look around, but dont run into a battle, because im sorry to say but, unless your grandmaster plus, you really cant help. So remember have fun, but dont annoy us.

P.S. Daniel Thunderflame is BACK!


So tell the people who ask my level 50's storm to these fights just because she has storm lord and knows how to use it to stop it.

This is a very tired subject - in the end you must treat this as just another challenge in the game, build a bridge and get over it. Just so you know I have several wizards of different schools and levels and have played the game for quite some time now and many more people of my own level have joined a fight unasked and fled then any lower level wizard ever has.


Well I have been playing this game longer than you and I have more experience. I am extremely tried of 2 noobs joining then fleeing and then suddenly its 1v4. I don't yell, I don't do anything really except die! People under level 50 should be locked out of battles in Zafaria so that they can explore but not ruin the fun for someone else? Is that fair enough?


If you have been playing the game for longer then quite some time and you are more experienced then me, although I am not sure how you can make that assessment, then you know this has always been part of the game, granted back then there were a lot less wizards running around as compared to now and there was no Celestia so this problem did seem to be far less of an issue at least for me.

KI would have to refuse funds to buy these areas or reduce the subscription amount if they were going to start to block content, it could get complicated to enforce. I don't see it happening. The same issue was/is still discussed at length for Celestia. There just doesn't seem to be any happy medium to solve it. Does anyone like it when it happens to them, no, can we do anything about it, no. The best I can do is try not to be an enabler by not friending wizards that are not around the same level as the wizard I am playing at the time and keep an eye on my list to make sure they stay there. These people don't understand what they are missing out on by skipping around and they have nothing, I have tons of gold, gear, treasure cards, mounts, houses, house items and pets all from doing all my quests for the level the wizard I am playing are, besides they miss out on the story lines of each world so they have a point to them. For me once my wizard loses it's green bar it isn't as much fun so taking my time and getting in all the game is important.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
589
brwac wrote:
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
brwac wrote:
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
With all the talk about Zafaria, and it's awesome new features, many wizards are eager to go, despite them not being level 60. Now, about a year ago, I would have been screaming to those little wizards. But I have changed and I believe that they can go into these worlds. BUT they shouldn't be interrupting the people who have unlocked this worlds. Feel free to look around, but dont run into a battle, because im sorry to say but, unless your grandmaster plus, you really cant help. So remember have fun, but dont annoy us.

P.S. Daniel Thunderflame is BACK!


So tell the people who ask my level 50's storm to these fights just because she has storm lord and knows how to use it to stop it.

This is a very tired subject - in the end you must treat this as just another challenge in the game, build a bridge and get over it. Just so you know I have several wizards of different schools and levels and have played the game for quite some time now and many more people of my own level have joined a fight unasked and fled then any lower level wizard ever has.


Well I have been playing this game longer than you and I have more experience. I am extremely tried of 2 noobs joining then fleeing and then suddenly its 1v4. I don't yell, I don't do anything really except die! People under level 50 should be locked out of battles in Zafaria so that they can explore but not ruin the fun for someone else? Is that fair enough?


If you have been playing the game for longer then quite some time and you are more experienced then me, although I am not sure how you can make that assessment, then you know this has always been part of the game, granted back then there were a lot less wizards running around as compared to now and there was no Celestia so this problem did seem to be far less of an issue at least for me.

KI would have to refuse funds to buy these areas or reduce the subscription amount if they were going to start to block content, it could get complicated to enforce. I don't see it happening. The same issue was/is still discussed at length for Celestia. There just doesn't seem to be any happy medium to solve it. Does anyone like it when it happens to them, no, can we do anything about it, no. The best I can do is try not to be an enabler by not friending wizards that are not around the same level as the wizard I am playing at the time and keep an eye on my list to make sure they stay there. These people don't understand what they are missing out on by skipping around and they have nothing, I have tons of gold, gear, treasure cards, mounts, houses, house items and pets all from doing all my quests for the level the wizard I am playing are, besides they miss out on the story lines of each world so they have a point to them. For me once my wizard loses it's green bar it isn't as much fun so taking my time and getting in all the game is important.


First, I know I have been playing longer than you because it says the date you joined and I joined before you. And I am not saying that they can't be in that world, they just shouldn't be able to jump into battles without asking. I say whenever someone under level 50 is going to join a battle in Zafaria it says, " Do you want this person to join your battle?", then you say yes or no. I think that's fair.

Hero
Nov 22, 2010
749
brwac wrote:

KI would have to refuse funds to buy these areas or reduce the subscription amount if they were going to start to block content, it could get complicated to enforce. .


Um, no they wouldn't have to refuse funds and no it wouldn't get complicated.

You don't restrict the account, you restrict the character. It's fairly simple to set flags on a character and the game already knows what worlds and areas a character has access to through earning them in game. It knows what quests the character has completed.

So, just because the account holder bought an area with crowns doesn't mean that all of that person's characters should have access to it if those characters haven't completed the necessary quests to get to them.

Chelsea Court is a good example of this. It's a street where a lot of schools send people for school quests. And almost always a character can't get into it when they first get the quest. This is true for people with memberships and access to the entire game, and people that buy areas with crowns.

If KI can restrict one street on the basis of whether characters have done necessary things to gain access, then they can restrict all the rest of the game on the same basis as well.

Having a membership or buying an area with crowns doesn't mean all of your characters automatically get to go play in it, just that when your characters earn access in game, you aren't prevented from going in.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
794
Hi there, fellow wizards. This seems like a delicate subject, if not an age old one, so i'll start by saying i'm posting my opinions, not attempting to force everyone to agree. That would be ridiculous. Now that that's out of the way, here goes. In my opinion, we were all low levels at some point, no matter if we're a Transcended Necromancer or a Legendary Conjurer. If a wizard has bought an area, not being able to go there would be wasted money, so that would cause massive loss of players. A few words to crystalwizard, I don't agree with what you think should be restricted. If a wizard has bought gear to stitch from another world, it would be unfair not to let him/her stitch it. Waste of gold, waste of time, possible loss of a player. As for the world restrictions on spells, I don't see logic in this. People do battle in different worlds at different levels, and what if they lose their subscription? they wouldn't be able to use their spells they had received? Seems wrong, if you ask me. At any rate, I have called upon lower levels for help at various times, I personally think they should be able to go wherever they please. After all, how would you feel?

Cya in the Spiral,

Paul Stormglade, Transcended Diviner


EDIT: Sorry, qbb, i must have been distracted while posting, meant to type in crystalwizard. fixed now.

Go Sparks!

Defender
May 12, 2009
103
Funny story, when Zafaria came out I was level 60, I hadn't finished through this door but I had lost membership, but I really wanted to see Zafaria. I started to look through my friends to see if anyone was there and suddenly I thought, for once in a long time, I'll be the little noob if I get into a fight XD. Long story short, I bought the super bundle and I'm in Savannah now.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
563
The wizards might just want to look though, what's wrong with that? Well all of my wizards are level 60 or higher but I just mean other people :(.

Hero
Nov 22, 2010
749
bionaknight wrote:
If a wizard has bought an area, not being able to go there would be wasted money,


That would be true if it was the wizard that bought the area. It isn't, however. It's the account the buys the area. Buying an area doesn't automatically mean all the characters belonging to that account get to go there.

To spell that out for you, here's how it works:

Assume that Big Ben is an area you have to buy.
Assume that you, the player, bought that area for your account.
Assume you have 5 characters, only one of which is high enough to go to Marleybone.

Do all your characters now get to go into Big Ben - without doing the quests or unlocking the world?

No.

The only characters in your account that get to go into the area you bought are characters that have satisfied in game requirements.

Do you, the player, decide to get mad and quit the game feeling you have wasted money just because you can't aromatically take every new character you make in the account into Bug Ben because you bought it and thus own it? No.

The very idea that someone would get upset because their characters can't go into areas they have bought because those characters haven't unlocked them yet should sound ridiculous to anyone that thinks about it.

So why should players with both high and low level characters automatically assume they should be able to take their low levels into high level areas without earning those areas and worlds for those individual characters? They shouldn't.

Something does need to be done, too, with the worlds getting harder and harder. A level 10 can at least help somewhat in dragonspyre as long as they don't tank.

A level 10 dies within a round or 2 in Zafaria and unless they are healing, they have no attacks that can do anything. All they do is take up space.


Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
1
Delver
Oct 08, 2010
260
Yes, please dont join the battles of some who are questing. I have run into this MANY times when i was going through zf and it can be very annoying.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
589
Garrett15141 wrote:
Yes, please dont join the battles of some who are questing. I have run into this MANY times when i was going through zf and it can be very annoying.


Thank you! Someone who understands!

Armiger
Mar 18, 2009
2381
The reason you get full access to all worlds, like the membership description says, is because this is a family game and friends and family should be able to link up and quest together or fight enemies regardless of level.

Everyone keeps complaining about low levels in higher worlds, which is not the problem. The problem is low levels that flee battles or are not wanted in battles and can't contribute. To me the problem is restricting access into battles/duels, not the world's themselves. If I'm a father with a level 50 wizard and my daughter with a level 10 wizard wants to play with me, we should be able to play together in Wizard City and Dragonspyre, because she is in my group and is joining "my" battles. The solution is preventing level 10 wizards from joining other peoples battles, not restricting them to only Unicorn Way.

Let's face it, unless you are doing the same exact quest at the same exact time, all the time, you and your friend will eventually drift apart in levels and quests. It is unfair to tell paying members, "go find a new friend with the same quest." KI has already designated certain quests/zones that require level or quest prerequistes. Many will complain that they cannot port to their group while in the Waterworks, well this is one of the reasons why porting is disabled for Waterworks, so low levels do not mess up dungeon progress. I'll take an extra enemy on the streets any day, rather than an activating a cheat in a dungeon. Now, if some of the suggestions were implemented in this thread happen, we would no longer need the teleport button anymore, because everything would be so level restricted you could never do anything with your friends anymore except visit their house!

The other solution is to hold other wizards accountable, not just KI. Level 10 wizards can't go trolling around the Spiral themselves. Someone "had" to let them into the higher level world. So a lot of the frustrations need to be directed at the wizards who let people port to them and let them go out on their own. This is "our" community.

Making the entire Spiral work like the Waterworks is not the answer!!!

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
139
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
People under level 50 should be locked out of battles in Zafaria so that they can explore but not ruin the fun for someone else? Is that fair enough?


no, it's not.

There are all sorts of things I feel should be restricted.

I don't think people should be able to equip school pets on any character except the one that got the quest and earned the pet.

I don't think people should be able to port characters into worlds that they haven't unlocked yet.

I don't think people should be able to port into dungeons that they haven't unlocked, even if they have unlocked the world that the dungeon is in.

I don't feel high level spells should be allowed on low level worlds. Just because a life mage has forest lord, doesn't means he should be able to use it if he ports to Krok to help someone. He should be stuck with the spells that people just coming up through the levels would have in Krok.

I don't feel people should be allowed to use clothes from worlds they haven't unlocked to stitch with.

But just because I personally feel that way, it doesn't mean that the game would be better for all concerned if my restrictions were implemented.



That would violate their membership.

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
122
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
With all the talk about Zafaria, and it's awesome new features, many wizards are eager to go, despite them not being level 60. Now, about a year ago, I would have been screaming to those little wizards. But I have changed and I believe that they can go into these worlds. BUT they shouldn't be interrupting the people who have unlocked this worlds. Feel free to look around, but dont run into a battle, because im sorry to say but, unless your grandmaster plus, you really cant help. So remember have fun, but dont annoy us.

P.S. Daniel Thunderflame is BACK!


I agree. It is very annoying when you're almost done with a battle, then a low level joins and a new monster enters. Then the low levels dies instantly and floods you with healing messages.

Survivor
Oct 03, 2010
4


I don't think people should be able to equip school pets on any character except the one that got the quest and earned the pet.

I don't feel high level spells should be allowed on low level worlds. Just because a life mage has forest lord, doesn't means he should be able to use it if he ports to Krok to help someone. He should be stuck with the spells that people just coming up through the levels would have in Krok.


ok. when i was going through the worlds i didnt get any chance to go hatch an egg that gives me forest lord or whatever when that sort of stuff started i had 2 lvl 60s already

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
bionaknight wrote:
A few words to queenlybluebean, I normally agree with your posts, but I don't agree with what you think should be restricted. If a wizard has bought gear to stitch from another world, it would be unfair not to let him/her stitch it. Waste of gold, waste of time, possible loss of a player.

Paul Stormglade, Transcended Diviner!


Er, I didn't comment on this thread. But now I guess I will...

I do not agree that worlds or clothing should be restricted to characters at certain levels. My thought is if I pay to play, then I will play where I want to play, when I want to play there. Now, as a mature and thoughtful wizard, I rarely play outside my wizard's level, and if I do it's only because I've been asked to port to give assistance to a friend, son, or hubby :)

My Legendary Death wears designer Ice gear stitched to crafted death gear all the time. My baby Theurgist is sporting her big sister's Forest Lord pet, at level 10 (No one yell at me about the pvp thing, Taryn doesn't pvp and never will.)

Conversely, my Legendary Theurgist travels with a Life Scarab pet that is probably more suitable to a lower-level wizard. She, Moira, Scarlet, and Rowan also wear school-specific robes and hats that are specific to lower level wizards, because I like the school symbols.

So Bioanknight, we are still in harmonious accord :)

Happily parallel,

Qbb/Iridian Shadowweaver, Legendary Artisan


Hero
Jun 08, 2009
794
Sorry, qbb, i didnt mean to type your name in, explanation in my edited post .

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
kingurz wrote:
The other solution is to hold other wizards accountable, not just KI. Level 10 wizards can't go trolling around the Spiral themselves. Someone "had" to let them into the higher level world. So a lot of the frustrations need to be directed at the wizards who let people port to them and let them go out on their own. This is "our" community.

Making the entire Spiral work like the Waterworks is not the answer!!!


I agree, kingurz. It's important to make good friends in the game, not just to make a huge list. If wizards would be more careful about who they add to their friend lists, there wouldn't be so much surprise porting hither and thither.

For example, my friends lists on all 6 wizards contain the multiple wizards of my good friends in the game, a few extended group friends who are regular teammates, and the occasional new friend I encounter in quests. I rarely have the problem of surprise porting, because the wizards on my lists are actual people with whom I have real relationships. Thus, porting is OK, but it is polite and expected that we will ask one another if we may port. (BTW, I routinely remove rude wizards from my lists.)

This is an issue of etiquette, which is hard for kids to learn and enact. Perhaps we all have an obligation to help one another learn these important rules of the community. What better way to foster a healthy, happy world in game and IRL?

Warmest Regards,

Qbb/Iridian, Scarlet, Moira, Rowan

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
bionaknight wrote:
Sorry, qbb, i didnt mean to type your name in, explanation in my edited post .


LOLZ, not a problem. Thanks for the correction :)

Qbb/Iridian

1