Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are you happy?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 24, 2010
I have recently got done with Zafaria, with it becoming my new favorite world. But that's off topic, what I want to know is, were you happy when you reached Zafaria? Let me explain:

From what I've seen, no one really likes Celestia, from all the "Defeat and Collect" quests, to the long drawn out battles. So when you left Celestia, were you glad that you got done with it or did you just expect Zafaria to be just like it? Just wondering. For me personally I loved the theme, enemies, nearly everything. So how do YOU feel about it?

Hunter Wildcatcher Level 78

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
I loved Zafaria at first, but after a while it became my least favorite world. I love the theme and music, but the repetetive quests really ruined it for me. I liked the plot though, and the cheating bosses were fun.

I was happy with it at first, but it's a world i'm not looking forward to doing on my other wizards.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
The PvE Master on Nov 15, 2013 wrote:
I have recently got done with Zafaria, with it becoming my new favorite world. But that's off topic, what I want to know is, were you happy when you reached Zafaria? Let me explain:

From what I've seen, no one really likes Celestia, from all the "Defeat and Collect" quests, to the long drawn out battles. So when you left Celestia, were you glad that you got done with it or did you just expect Zafaria to be just like it? Just wondering. For me personally I loved the theme, enemies, nearly everything. So how do YOU feel about it?

Hunter Wildcatcher Level 78
I liked Zafaria just because it meant I was finally done with Celestia, which for me was horrible. But then the repeated "do not collect" quests there, along with boring battles of the same mobs over and over again just ruined it for me. That and bosses that were impossible to beat solo just left me cold. I will not be continuing past Dragonspyre again; and not by choice. The worlds thereafter are long, drawn out and the difficulty level ridiculous. I don't have hour upon hour to dedicate to a game. I am a grown up, with work and life to deal with which totally limits my time to play.

To me, KI has failed epically in the one aspect of the game that other games ignored and are either just not viable any longer or are gone completely: making the game solo-able.

Directly taken from MMORPG.com on soloing games:

"Over the years since the earliest days of MMOs, the genre has undergone a massive alteration in the style of game play that users expect. Players want more content that can be solo'd to allow those with little or no time to be able to jump into the game and feel like they've accomplished something.

Games have become more casual, rules about grouping have been eased, features have been put into place to make finding groups much easier and that require little or no interaction beyond the press of a button. In fact, a compelling argument could be made that these types of games should rightfully be called "Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games".

Look at any game you've played in recent memory. It's almost a guarantee that it is packed with content that Forever Alone can take on just fine, thank you very much, no other players required. Sure there are places that might never be seen because of the shunning of joining up with others, but that's generally small and easily overlooked by those who simply prefer to play alone."

Perhaps KI should take a look at this...and listen to those of us with limited time and resources.