Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Am I weak?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2014
So I'm in drum jungle right now and I'm having a hard time doing quests.
I always have to ask my friend to help, and I feel like that's cheating.
Anyway, do you think I'm weak?
(I'm level 73)

- Gavin Shade

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
If you want, I am a level 100 fire, I could come by and help you if you want.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2010
Hi, I just figured out how to post. This is my first post. You are not weak. That is a very high level. Dungeons take time. Just do some side missions if you have to. Do some chest plundering, if possible for better items and gear.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2014
trevor track16 on Feb 7, 2019 wrote:
(I'm level 73)

- Gavin Shade
Edit: I'm now in mirror lake and I'm level 74.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
trevor track16 on Feb 7, 2019 wrote:
(I'm level 73)

- Gavin Shade
I honestly never feel 'strong' until level 100, and even then only once I have good gear!

Having Waterworks gear is useful at your level, so if you haven't got it you might like to do a few runs and boost your stats if you get some of it. As for asking for help being 'cheating' it's an MMO and meant to be a team game Some of the content is fine solo but there are some tricky dungeons/bosses thrown in that really need a team. Even if they can be done solo it might be harder on certain schools. When we watch videos of people doing them solo or read about it the player doesn't always mention the planning it took or the failed attempts. It can be fun to challenge ourselves like this, but sometimes it is more fun to ask a friend or team up to do it as it was intended and designed...in a team!

Another thing I sometimes do when I'm on predominantly solo wizards is I do some sides to level up a bit if I am finding the storyline content a bit too slow or tricky at my level. Just a level or two can make a big difference

Please don't feel weak or like it's cheating to ask for help - everyone needs help along the way sometimes, both in game and in real life. You're on a wizarding journey and you're already able to help those who are lower level than you and able to be a great team player with others who are a similar level

Throughout the game there are some big jumps in difficulty and also in stats/spells available to us. Don't lose faith in yourself!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Your level is quite fine for where you're at.

It seems that you also do side quests (which is good; keep it up) which implies the level you are at.

Avalon, the next world after Zafaria will, as I'm sure you're probably aware, will be a bit more difficult.

As highlighted above, there is nothing wrong with asking for a little assistance here and there; some instances are made based on the fact that you can get assistance to aid you in the battle such as the one you did with Belloq.

Gear is important also. So ensure you're kept up to date on solid gear (and pet) as this is can often times be the deciding factor with the difficulty of some battles.

If you need further clarification here, feel free to ask, but some great ideas have already been suggested.

Good Luck!