Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wysteria - Worth It?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 17, 2018
Hello! I am a crown player because I love owning each place and I'm always able to go back on all of my characters as well. I have been searching up worlds and which ones are the best to get, and I found out that Wysteria is kind of a "side world" which isn't vital to complete everything else. It seems like a really cool world however, and I was wondering if it's worth buying? Thanks!

Kestrel
Adept Pyromancer

Survivor
Apr 06, 2016
Dolphinique on Jul 24, 2018 wrote:
Hello! I am a crown player because I love owning each place and I'm always able to go back on all of my characters as well. I have been searching up worlds and which ones are the best to get, and I found out that Wysteria is kind of a "side world" which isn't vital to complete everything else. It seems like a really cool world however, and I was wondering if it's worth buying? Thanks!

Kestrel
Adept Pyromancer
I just finished Wysteria and I think you should buy it, its actually kind of interesting. But that's just my opinion.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Depends what you're interests are. You do get extra XP and a training point from Zeke. There is a Dungeon: Elephant Tower and you get a spiral cup when you finish the world. Me personally I see no value in Wysteria. It's not a storyline, no new spells to learn or craft or good gear to make it worth my time and effort.

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
Dolphinique on Jul 24, 2018 wrote:

Kestrel
Adept Pyromancer
If you're looking for a fun world just to kind of relax, Wysteria is the world for you. The first time I did Wysteria, it was one of the most fun worlds you'll ever do. You can really get into the fact that they really don't want you there and the storyline of Wysteria is pretty cool. While it may not be useful for crafting gear or getting spells, Wysteria can help you boost your levels by about 3-5 before you have to tackle that next world. I'd advocate to give Wysteria a try, at least.

Cheyenne StormHunter
Level 114

Survivor
May 01, 2010
It is rather short for its price, which is 3000 crowns for 3 areas; a bit in the expensive side. However, there is a dungeon unlock at level 60 called Tower of the Helephant.
It's completely optional, though it yields a TON of xp, all the better gear at level 60 is from waterworks in Crab alley. If you have enough crowns, go for it! If not, I'd recommend saving up.
Also a crowns player here, just my two cents on things :)

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
I bought it on my crowns account. While it is a fun area to play, it is not really necessary. The Wysteria rings/athames are very good and will last you until level 50 or so, but you can find them in the bazaar.

The Troll Ear Pendant (amulet) is very good for low-level wizards and used to be hard to find in the bazaar (I haven't checked in awhile), but it also used to be No-Trade. Now you can just buy one and put it in your shared bank. That means you don't need to go to Wysteria to buy it anymore, and you don't need multiple copies of it anymore.

The Tower of the Helephant is a dungeon for 60-plus wizards. It also drops some very useful rings/athames and might be the main reason to buy the Wysteria zones if you decide to farm it. Basically, this dungeon should the deciding factor in whether or not you buy the Wysteria zones. The extra badges and the Spiral Cup Trophy are nice to have but not necessary. Getting an extra training point from Zeke is also a good reason to buy the zones.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
Hannah Summerheart on Jul 29, 2018 wrote:
It is rather short for its price, which is 3000 crowns for 3 areas; a bit in the expensive side. However, there is a dungeon unlock at level 60 called Tower of the Helephant.
It's completely optional, though it yields a TON of xp, all the better gear at level 60 is from waterworks in Crab alley. If you have enough crowns, go for it! If not, I'd recommend saving up.
Also a crowns player here, just my two cents on things :)
lexicon blade & aureate band