Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wysteria is horrible.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 16, 2012
sagerz wrote:
Wysteria is a great place to take a break from Krok or Marleybone. Plus, if your still in Krok, like I was, it gives a lot experience doing all of the side quests and things. Thanks to Wy I got out of Krok at Level 32.

Cheryl 8) 8) 8)
Level 59 Myth
Scarecrow Realm
I am in mooshu and I'm a level 31. I got out of krok at level 17-19(not sure which one)

Explorer
May 30, 2011
Wysteria is a side world but the xp you get from there is worth it if your trying to level up or if you want to get get a bunch of flapjack pets snacks to feed to your pets that like meal snacks or a balance pet. and aslo any gear you get you can sell for gold or save it for another character your working on and arent willing to spend gold in the bazaar.

And yeah it prepares you higher level bosses that can cheat because you get an idea of to expect from higher level bosses. And there is a chance your teacher might send to wysteria for a school only quest.

And wysteria is a good place to test out any recent spells you learned.

Explorer
Sep 03, 2012
bloopy4 on Mar 10, 2012 wrote:
Imma done with the tournament and won. I'm not even level 25 yet! It was still hard, it wasnt completely easy
It is impossible to get the initial quest to get there until level 25. Don't make stuff up please lol

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
bloopy4 on Mar 10, 2012 wrote:
Imma done with the tournament and won. I'm not even level 25 yet! It was still hard, it wasnt completely easy
Interesting considering you have to be level 25 to get the quest to go to Wysteria. Nice try.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Each world is different and appeals to people in different ways. I was not fond of Wysteria much either, but some people love it. I liked Krokotopia alot, and Mooshu is my favorite, but lots of people would disagree. A nice thing about Wizard101 is it offers a variety of worlds with different themes.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2011
I will have to disagree. Wysteria is a fun little world that tkaes you mind off of marleyone or krokatopia. I think there is an intruiging story behind pigswick academy. However, everyone but bramble is too underpowered. Especially randolph, at level 27 i beat him in one try--and hes not even a boss whats up with that. In my mind this is the funnest world by far

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Dr Von on Jun 12, 2012 wrote:
I like Wysteria~ it was a cute, little side-world that immediately brought back memories of a certain favourite book of mine...

*cough* POTTER *cough*

I was level 60 when Wysteria came out, so it was easy for me... by that point, I was kinda used to all of the cheating that goes on. Unfortunately, I never completed Helephant Tower~ the one time I was in there, I got abandoned by my group in the last room and had to ditch the quest because it can't be soloed. Darkness, despair!
Its not impossible to solo if you know the cheats well enough. I soloed with my fire wizard.
If your a fire just remember to pack max smokescreens and fire dispels it will help immensly.
And a life mastery amulet can come in pretty handy too.
Everyone has different playstyles though and different builds, I know people that can solo ToTh but cannot make it through azteca........Go figure.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2012
maka05 wrote:
You do the tower of the helephant at level 60.
This is true. A lot of worlds are like this. I agree that at around level 27-32(Necromancer), Wysteria is is too easy in my opinion. It is a kind of humorous world, but very tedious. I am sure that i can fly through the simple back and forth quests in no time, but it's just so boring. It's whatever though, it is a funny, interesting new li'l story to explore.

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
Wysteria was great. Such a fun world that kept playing there until I had no quests left!

Survivor
Jun 06, 2012
It is horrible because all the people there hate Ravenwood!

Survivor
Nov 24, 2011
Scarlet MistCloud on Dec 28, 2012 wrote:
It is horrible because all the people there hate Ravenwood!
oh, but that's what made it all the more satisfying when you win and get to flaunt your victory in their little piggy faces.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Wow, seemed I did Wysteria long ago, I am level 58 right now, I think i did WY around when i did Krokotopia and Marleybone, start of Marleybone or middle of Krok. From what i remember i really liked the world and found the story line well done. I am proudly showing the spiral cup that i won, in my house since then, and I do like the world, it is not horrible at all

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
I think Wysteria is wonderful! Because you get to battle other students (which I already did), you get to see the schools that are simular to the other schools in Ravenwood and the death magic school in Nightside, you get to battle the earth teacher (which is very hard for some people such as myself), and other things so I think that Wysteria is almost simular to Ravenwood but in my opinion, I think Wysteria is wonderful! Keep up the good work Kingsisle! You rock!

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
i'm not gonna lie but this world sorta of reminded me of a movie um ... oh yea harry series and it wasnt a bad world it kept me busy so i can start moshuu

Explorer
Sep 28, 2010
I personally am in LOVE with Wysteria!! I love the setting, the teachers, and especially Headmistress Crisp!
What was the problem with the world for you? Was it to easy??

Destiny Waterthief

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
monkeybow1 wrote:
Did you do Tower of the Helephant? If not, you didn't complete Wysteria.
You can't do the Tower of the Helephant at level 25. You have to be a grandmaster in order to do this tower.

Just saying,

Madeline Dragonrider Pyromancer

Explorer
Oct 07, 2011
grvy123 wrote:
plz dont make things up
to even get the first quest in wysteria ya must be lvl 25 to get it
thats like saying a person got to wt at lvl 20
lol i like the lvl 20 wintertusk thing xD

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
Yeah. I don't like it too. Wysteria just doesn't add up. It's a confusing optional world. The only upside is that it's a great place for side quests. Im trying to level up fast and trying to get out of the quests in Marleybone.

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
I loved Wysteria! I did it during Krok so it was less easy than it could have been. It reminded me so much of Harry Potter I was about to cry of joy....I half kept thinking the evil Earth teacher was a non ratchet Severus Snape T_T
Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, and Mortal Instruments forever!
:D
I also found it funny that you guys all corrected each other, but had incorrect info too.
Toth is legendary like everybody says...

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
I just use Wysteria as a way to get away from the main storyline when I get annoyed with the difficult quests.

I don't hate Wysteria, but it's not my favorite world.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I didn't find it all that hard but the quest design is awful.

Let's see now. I fought wood goblins, i defeated and collected from wood goblins, and then some other stuff, mostly running around talking to people, then oh yeah, there were three more wood goblins tasks.

I looked at the quest tree to make sure I would be able to talk to as many people as possible to minimize this sort of repetitive grinding, but as a matter of fact, you get the four different wood goblins grinds at four different stages and they are not stackable.

There's also the gratuitous "hey you haven't really lived unless you've ground through 16-20 fights with the green men in Tanglewood" subquest tacked on the end of the campaign. After you've tangled with them for their shoots and leaves already. And this doesn't count the 3 or 4 accidental dust-ups you get into because their hitbox overlaps the sidewalks.

Not saying I'm a coward, or that I don't want to put the time into the game required to level up. Just saying that after the second or third consecutive, non-stacking "go back and kill some more x to collect n items" it got real un-fun. Boring. A chore. Like I'd actually rather do my taxes over again than solo another bunch of hobgoblins and get "did not collect" over and over again. Honestly, I do not need the xp.

My suggestion: Either remove, change, or improve the later repeats of these D & C grinds; or structure the quest tree so that they overlap with each other, and you can get credit for more than one task when you do go out to battle.

This is a problem with a lot of other worlds, most notably Krokotopia where you have to redo the Keeper of the Fang quest twice (total of three runs) to get the soul dust and the obelisk rubbing, respectively. Not really fun considering there's all these other locked doors in the halls in Krokotopia where nothing's going on.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
Think of Wisteria as a vacation spot. A fun little side-world. A student exchange program, even.
I especially liked it because it was, in fact, a diversion from intensity of game play.
A break, if you will, from lots of monsters and stuff that can be difficult to deal/work with/around, at mid-levels.
A visit you can make when Marleybone tries your nerves...
If you aren't enjoying it now, wait a bit to visit.
At some point, it'll seem like a awesome fun diversion of enjoyment. I promise.
I so do. :)

Survivor
Apr 13, 2012
Hi guys
I recentenly bought the Wysteria Villa and upstairs there is a ballcony but on the otherside directly facing the ballcony is a little space between the two staircases I want to place a bed against the wall and there is always a big gap in between and it won't allow me to place it against the wall can somebody plz fix it!!!!
thx

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
crunkatog on Apr 19, 2013 wrote:
I didn't find it all that hard but the quest design is awful.

Let's see now. I fought wood goblins, i defeated and collected from wood goblins, and then some other stuff, mostly running around talking to people, then oh yeah, there were three more wood goblins tasks.

I looked at the quest tree to make sure I would be able to talk to as many people as possible to minimize this sort of repetitive grinding, but as a matter of fact, you get the four different wood goblins grinds at four different stages and they are not stackable.

There's also the gratuitous "hey you haven't really lived unless you've ground through 16-20 fights with the green men in Tanglewood" subquest tacked on the end of the campaign. After you've tangled with them for their shoots and leaves already. And this doesn't count the 3 or 4 accidental dust-ups you get into because their hitbox overlaps the sidewalks.

Not saying I'm a coward, or that I don't want to put the time into the game required to level up. Just saying that after the second or third consecutive, non-stacking "go back and kill some more x to collect n items" it got real un-fun. Boring. A chore. Like I'd actually rather do my taxes over again than solo another bunch of hobgoblins and get "did not collect" over and over again. Honestly, I do not need the xp.

My suggestion: Either remove, change, or improve the later repeats of these D & C grinds; or structure the quest tree so that they overlap with each other, and you can get credit for more than one task when you do go out to battle.

This is a problem with a lot of other worlds, most notably Krokotopia where you have to redo the Keeper of the Fang quest twice (total of three runs) to get the soul dust and the obelisk rubbing, respectively. Not really fun considering there's all these other locked doors in the halls in Krokotopia where nothing's going on.
Regarding your last paragraph: if you stack the quests, do the Za'ane quest along with the dungeon, you don't have to redo it. I learned this a couple of years ago.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2013
wandstriker7 on Jun 26, 2012 wrote:
First, Wysteria is a SIDE world. That means that it has nothing to do with the plot line of the other worlds. Zafaria is the world after Celestia. Avalon is after Zafaria. You don't have to do Wysteria to progress. It's like Grizzleheim and Wintertusk, really. I liked Wysteria even though I did it at around level 52. Please get your facts right and read some of the news feed before you post these kinds of topics. Happy questing!
Grizzleheim is a side quest, eh? You have to complete Wintertusk to qualify for the level 88 spell quests.