Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

When do we start Wysteria?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 13, 2013
8
At what level are we supposed to start Wysteria? Because I got it since level 25 or so... Currently I'm doing Grizzleheim and Marleybone. Should I start Wysteria as well, or 3 worlds at the same time is too much?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4942
MorganStormleaf on Sep 3, 2014 wrote:
At what level are we supposed to start Wysteria? Because I got it since level 25 or so... Currently I'm doing Grizzleheim and Marleybone. Should I start Wysteria as well, or 3 worlds at the same time is too much?
You can do Wisteria at any time you want too... or not at all. The entire world is optional . I actually prefer doing Wisteria over Grizzleheim just because the XP is better.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
455
With the new quest sorting being introduced, three worlds isn't too much. Just keep in mind that doing marleybone is the only way to progress in the storyline.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
415
RavenLady777 on Sep 3, 2014 wrote:
You can do Wisteria at any time you want too... or not at all. The entire world is optional . I actually prefer doing Wisteria over Grizzleheim just because the XP is better.
Well you might want to do Grizzlehiem so you can eventually unlock Wintertusk, because that exp is awesome

Survivor
Sep 13, 2013
8
Thanks a lot guys! I thought I was the only one doing 2 worlds at the same time

Defender
Oct 27, 2009
111
You are the right level to quest in Wysteria. As the others said, it is optional. It, and Grizzleheim, could be said to be side worlds, outside the main quest. There are some spell quests in Wintertusk at a much higher level, which would be a strong reason to do Grizzleheim, so you are ready when you hit the level for that spell. I'm not sure if you can skip GH and still open Wintertusk.

If you like challenge, now would be the better time, while you are the intended level for the area. If you find it too challenging, or just like to return to lower areas and quickly blast enemies with your overpowering hits, later is fine too.

Many people find Marleybone scenery dull at times, with all those dark roofs. It is nice to have a couple worlds that give you a change of scenery from there, when you need a break.

I wonder if someday a spell quest might bring us to somewhere in Wysteria? As far as I know, it doesn't, but maybe that will change.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2013
8
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4118
Calamity Finch on Sep 12, 2014 wrote:
You are the right level to quest in Wysteria. As the others said, it is optional. It, and Grizzleheim, could be said to be side worlds, outside the main quest. There are some spell quests in Wintertusk at a much higher level, which would be a strong reason to do Grizzleheim, so you are ready when you hit the level for that spell. I'm not sure if you can skip GH and still open Wintertusk.

If you like challenge, now would be the better time, while you are the intended level for the area. If you find it too challenging, or just like to return to lower areas and quickly blast enemies with your overpowering hits, later is fine too.

Many people find Marleybone scenery dull at times, with all those dark roofs. It is nice to have a couple worlds that give you a change of scenery from there, when you need a break.

I wonder if someday a spell quest might bring us to somewhere in Wysteria? As far as I know, it doesn't, but maybe that will change.
You cannot skip GH. Grizzleheim must be finished to start Wintertusk and Wintertusk is a requirement for higher level spell and pet quests. That is the big difference from Wysteria. Wysteria is truly a side world. GH/WT is a side world, but if you skip it you lose out on many higher level utility spells and pets. I personally do GH/WT after Dragonspyre to buff my wizard up for Celestia.