Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lord Bramble's tower

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Greetings, fellow wizards!

I just had the (dis)pleasure of encountering Lord Bramble for the first time a few moments ago and, even for a Death wiz, it was very annoying- not a good end to my previously-unbeaten streak.

First, I took out the minion with a bladed Vamp, then turned my attention to Lord Bramble himself. The remainder of our "fight" consisted of us fizzling back and forth for about 4 rounds, until he put up one of those annoying -80% Death shields- normally, this wouldn't bother me, but do you think I could pull a wand card for the life of me? Of course not- that would have been too easy. Oh, and dream/ether shields? Also nonexistent, kind of like Nalia Dunestrider before our duel... but at least she, unlike the shields, showed up eventually.

Then, I fizzled 3 times in a row, while he hit me with those tree things- I was down to only 100 health by this point, so I used my Pixie to heal (since all of my attack-spells had previously fizzled, I only had traps and prisms left in my hand) out of sheer desperation. I narrowly escaped death by that tree thing again, only to meet my demise at the hands of his bladed Seraph a few seconds later.

For those of you concerned about Chester Droors, let me assure you that this guy is probably 10 times worse and that a boost against Life doesn't help much when they've got that shield up. I'm about to take another crack at him, so here's hoping for a better hand than the last one.

Happy travels,

Valerian "Vampire Val" Deathwhisper
Magus Necromancer

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Your best bet is to fizzle less. Oh, and keep a few poison spells in your deck. Also, if you cast a death dispel on him, it keeps him from casting the next death shield. -keller moonblade, magus necromancer

Survivor
Apr 09, 2010
Its good to know that you aren't going to give up, you can do it. This time try a different approach or get some friends to help you.

Good luck and have fun.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
niceboy13 wrote:
Its good to know that you aren't going to give up, you can do it. This time try a different approach or get some friends to help you.

Good luck and have fun.

Thank you. :) I did manage to beat him the second time- great for me, since my wand cards decided that the -80% Death shields were no longer an inconvenience to them. Now, those tree-men on Tanglewood Way... different story entirely, but I made it!

Happy travels,
Vampire Val.