Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Helephant tower quest is too hard/annoying.

2
AuthorMessage
Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2926
horsez98 wrote:
How do you get this quest?


You need to be level 60/Legendary. If you're not, I trust you'll receive teh quest when you reach the required level.

Good luck!

L.S.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
660
kingurz wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:
Thank you! I do have 3 different decks that I use, depending on who the boss is (Luska Charmbeak gets his own, haha) and, though I don't like crafting, this sounds like a fabulous idea. :) Do you remember the name of the vendor? If not, I'll just go and poke around a bit until I find him (or her, w/e). Happy travels, L.S.
The recipe vendor is Ingulf the Grower or something like that in Venstrilund. The wand is the Ashen Axe of Wintertusk.
Thanks, yes, that's the vendor's name and location, and that's the name of the wand to which i was referring. And, Honestly, I find all of his wands to be amazingly useful for one thing or another. -corwin sandstalker, legendary sorcerer

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
14
It took me and a whole team of four players over eight hours to beat that tower. That is way to long to have to spend in one tower. The first battle is to hard for a first battle and the last one, I don't even want to go there. Every time you think your making progress back come his buddies. What are the players to do that don't have that much time to spend in there? They need to seriously reduce the size of that tower one of those boss battles would have been plenty for the area. I do know you could not pay me to go back in there. It is way to long and the rewards, especially for a legendary player, are not worth it.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
14
vonawesome1 wrote:
So I logged onto the test server to check out Wysteria. I liked it, at first- it's a happy, cheery little place with less-annoying quest chains than Dragonspyre or the cow place; a nice distraction. Anyhow, I decided to check out the helephant tower I've heard so much about, and came out of the ordeal with this to say:

First of all, how is this instance even possible to complete? I am a legendary balance wizard, and can't even take out one of the bosses before they kill me, whether I'm solo, with a group, or using henchmen. Major complaints are:

1. Blading is half of a balance wizard's primary skill-set. If we can't blade, because the bosses will just steal them, it makes our spells really inefficient, assuming that we live long enough to cast one. Also, the 2 low-level bosses are balance, and have almost 100 percent resistance to my primary class- all I can really do is shield, heal (balance only has 2), and trap, which makes me pretty useless, no matter what strategy I'm attempting to use.

2. Smokescreening. I cannot stress enough how much I hate this. Do the math: when the boss uses this, it's pretty much guaranteed that you will fizzle... then, on top of that, the boss also gets a free hit every time you fizzle. This means that the bosses get 7 or 8 shots off before anyone on my team even gets one; myself and 3 teammates, in full level 60 legendary gear, don't even equal a third of these guys' health, so fizzling even once means that almost half of my health is gone... and that's with some pretty sweet resistance. How is this fair? Sure, fair fights ended back on Colossus Boulevard, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

The game should be challenging, not impossible... I'm an adult, and let's just say that I have no idea how little kids do this, because I lose patience with these 'unbeatable' bosses rather quickly. Anyone who knows the secret to finishing the instance- whether you've discovered it through extreme luck, persistence, stupidity, or some combination of the above- please bottle it and send some of it my way, thanks. I've tried this a few times now, and it's beginning to really grate on my nerves.

For Balance wizards everywhere,

Laura Shadowsong
Legendary Sorcerer/disgruntled beta-tester #1.

Yes sounds like your just up the creek without a paddle that has got to be the hardest area in the whole game. Even waterworks was not this hard.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
14
af6at wrote:
I'm a Balance Wizard, I have been through 4 times now, once with two players, twice with three and once with four. The first time was a real learning experience.

Without getting into a long description of gameplay, in this situation, get rid of the blades from your deck and DISPELLS are your friends. Get fire, storm and death dispells and you'll figure out where to put them.

Go in with people you know and use voice chat so you can really know what the other person is doing/thinking.

It takes about 3 hours from start to finish.

Three hours your kidding it took that long just to get through the first battle. It took me and a team of four players almost eight hours to do that tower. And, we spent the biggest part of that in the last battle it is almost impossible.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
14
momsgametime wrote:
It is a hard dungeon, it's meant to be a hard dungeon, but it is not impossible. I've completed it a few times and FYI only once was it with adults. I've found that the kids fair amazing well in these instances, it's the adults that get frustrated the fastest with it. It's meant to be a challenge and personally I like it. I feel like I've accomplished something other than blading up and killing the enemy in a couple of rounds. This tower is meant for team work and is totally optional.


I do see your point if you live through that tower then the rest of the game seems fairly easy. I suppose if a player can do that tower, there is nothing in the game one cannot handle lol.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
2899
You aren't required to do the Helephant Tower. If it's too long, than you can simply choose to not do it.

How long it takes depends on how well-versed the wizards are. I've spent 90 minutes on the first battle and had 12 flee/defeat and restarts among the various wizards, before we finally gave up. Nobody knew the various tricks. On the next run, I went with experienced players: two Storm, one Ice (and my Life wizard). We finished thw whole tower in about 70 minutes---that with the Storm wizards doing almost no damage to Lyons (the last boss with high Storm resistance) because he doesn't allow prisms.

It's long, and in my opinion once you have the ring and athame, it's not worth bothering with, unless you want to do it over and over for Mastery Amulets or other rare drops.


Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
1
Like Waterworks, my first time through the tower was challenging, yes. Many in the group were defeated, although nobody had to flee and return, we were able to heal and keep going. I believe it took about 2-2½ hours.

Once you've learned the bosses tricks however, you can stack your deck ahead of time. Or read some guides and do what others suggest. I've done the tower twice since, and nobody was defeated, and the last time took only a little over an hour. Each time was with a different group of complete strangers too.

I can easily solo Crown of Fire and Trial of Spheres, and given enough time, Waterworks, without buying henchmen or potions. Nastrond or the Tower, well those are a bit more difficult. But it's actually quite easy for an experienced group when you know exactly what spell and what round the enemy will cast, and can counter in advance.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
37
horsez98 wrote:
How do you get this quest?
Finish wysteria and be legendary (level 60) and Head Mistress Crisp will call you back to her office for the tower.

Elucidite is the pip reducing spell

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
248
here are some team building and tips for tower of the helehant i have beat it a few times here is the best team fire myth life balance

baalnce can be replaced with storm but it is better with balance

first have a lot of death shields for first floor you know why you need them also pack ice dispel use it on boar and hit him as hard as you can when he dies skeletal dragon stops and then you can blade too so :) on last boss
dont let his clones get to full try to have someone not myth
if you use my team idea but they most likely will get to full i would put ice dispel on him just in case dont put traps on him especially dont use feint if you use feint your just putting trap on yourself so if you have storm i recommend them for purpose of killing clones only also at half health his clones get stronger dont blade unless all clones are there and have used most of there pips or they will earthquake and well you know if you win and you use my strategys and tips please quote this and say i won this has been tested most of the time using this wins

blaze legendary pyromancer

Defender
Dec 21, 2010
152
Okay, I just tried the tower for the first time. Had a great group, had a great time. We all communicated and joked with each other. First, battle was a pain. The fizzle - dead dragon attack lead to alot of bad jokes. Still, I think KI could cut down on the attacks. The other battles were fairly easy. What was KI thinking for the last battle. I didn't mind the high level for the boss and all his minion friends. My only complaint - Crowds just warm my ice heart - The Blizzard Storm attacks. My group had to leave me (Yeah, the tower was taking way too long.) I am a legendary wizard, and brought in three life henchmen. I died. I don't mind taking an extra two hours if I am by myself, but to take out the henchemen in less than 10 minutes is ridiculous. And Yes, I followed the rules about blades, traps and dispels. Didn't even have a chance on the last battle. I am going to try some of the above suggestions from the other players hope they work. Just wish the legendary battles weren't so long. You need to put in a dungeon finder for players, so we can find our perfect groups. And, if a player leaves (potty breaks, to eat, gets sick, etc.) we should be able to replace them with another player (waiting in a line, like the arena). Thanks for listening.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2926
mysteryplayer wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:
So I logged onto the test server to check out Wysteria. I liked it, at first- it's a happy, cheery little place with less-annoying quest chains than Dragonspyre or the cow place; a nice distraction. Anyhow, I decided to check out the helephant tower I've heard so much about, and came out of the ordeal with this to say:

First of all, how is this instance even possible to complete? I am a legendary balance wizard, and can't even take out one of the bosses before they kill me, whether I'm solo, with a group, or using henchmen. Major complaints are:

1. Blading is half of a balance wizard's primary skill-set. If we can't blade, because the bosses will just steal them, it makes our spells really inefficient, assuming that we live long enough to cast one. Also, the 2 low-level bosses are balance, and have almost 100 percent resistance to my primary class- all I can really do is shield, heal (balance only has 2), and trap, which makes me pretty useless, no matter what strategy I'm attempting to use.

2. Smokescreening. I cannot stress enough how much I hate this. Do the math: when the boss uses this, it's pretty much guaranteed that you will fizzle... then, on top of that, the boss also gets a free hit every time you fizzle. This means that the bosses get 7 or 8 shots off before anyone on my team even gets one; myself and 3 teammates, in full level 60 legendary gear, don't even equal a third of these guys' health, so fizzling even once means that almost half of my health is gone... and that's with some pretty sweet resistance. How is this fair? Sure, fair fights ended back on Colossus Boulevard, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

The game should be challenging, not impossible... I'm an adult, and let's just say that I have no idea how little kids do this, because I lose patience with these 'unbeatable' bosses rather quickly. Anyone who knows the secret to finishing the instance- whether you've discovered it through extreme luck, persistence, stupidity, or some combination of the above- please bottle it and send some of it my way, thanks. I've tried this a few times now, and it's beginning to really grate on my nerves.

For Balance wizards everywhere,

Laura Shadowsong
Legendary Sorcerer/disgruntled beta-tester #1.

Yes sounds like your just up the creek without a paddle that has got to be the hardest area in the whole game. Even waterworks was not this hard.


Agreed. Waterworks was not this hard, and even Briskbreeze Tower was a joke- from the way I'd heard people talking about it, I assumed that it would be a lot more like the Helephant one.

Still haven't been able to get a decent team together, though most of you have made some really-good points. As soon as I see someone from my old Waterworks group, or maybe my Briskbreeze team, online, I'll try and set something up. In the meantime, I'm off to restock my deck with Death shields and get to crafting that wand... Oh, how I hate crafting. But an excellent idea, nonetheless.

Happy travels,

L.S.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2010
22
darthjt wrote:
camelotmerlin wrote:

Some of you are missing the point.

The enemy keeps getting better.


Well, as we progress, get higher level, learn our school, our spells, and the game, I would hope the enemies get better!


Cheats


Only some cheat, let's not over exaggerate... Most Bosses that do cheat, are in Optional areas and towers! Something has to give the more advanced players a challenge and allow them to have fun, other wise, this would not be a family game, it would be a childs game for 12 and under... Thank goodness it's not!


number of pips to start the round,
lots of health
high resistance to spells


Well, considering that all the way up to Dragonspyre, you always started with more pips than your enemy, is it too much of a challenge for them to have pips for a change?

Health, Besides Bosses, you have more health than the mobs... Now, Bosses may have health, but they can not stack blades, traps, shield, and form a basic strategy the way a human can...

High resistance to spells, well you have to learn how to use a convert some time or another! If you don't know how to use a convert, then they deserve to resist you!


automatic steal or remove of blades/traps.


Only Cheating Bosses do this, as covered above... These areas are optional and gives a challenge to the more advanced players...


What do we have .
stuck at a level cap
starting a round with 2 power pips except that some wizards get no chance to get to 100% power pip just to get 2 power pips to start a round.
Health at a comparable low amount.
Not able to control minions or henchmen.
A large amount of spells but try to get the spell you want from a large deck.


Yes, there is a level cap, for the moment, of Legendary (Level 60)... It will go up, when the time is right and they are ready to increase it...

Starting with 2 power pips allows most wizards to be able to use attack all spells right off the bat, inflicting almost 1000 damage, more if boosted...

Health is between 2100 and 4100 depending on school... How is this a relatively low amount, it is more than almost all the mobs in the game!

Not able to control minions or henchmen? Never have been able to, this has not, nor probably ever will change, not sure how this is an issue... Minions and Henchmen are computer generated and controlled, you know this when you get one, if you don't like it, dont get or summon one!

As far as finding the spells you need, that is your own personal preference, I usually travel with only 10 cards max in my deck... I never have a problem finding the card I need, when I need it... It is called strategy! If need be, make some enchanted attack cards, put them in your side deck... This is a personal problem and not one with the game or game mechanics...


What do we expect
Something similar to the start of the game...
ability to get to level of enemy
Critical numbers that are real.
reward for completion...not random awards that some get and some do not
(includes buying megacards, training pets,dungeons)

Why.....because we are paying for it.



We get Wizard101, the best MMO of all time, the entire way through the game... Great story line, excellent graphics, lots of fun, cool spells...
Ability to get to level of enemy? Not sure what you mean by that, but no boss or enemy is impossible to defeat...
Critical Numbers, just because you don't understand them, don't mean they are not real... They do have a percentage... Hits are based out of 500 points possible and Blocks are based on 400 points possible...

Rewards for completing Towers... Most of the main Towers, give gear for that level... Hats, Robes, Boots, Rings, Athames, Amulets!

Some even give mega snacks and mastery amulets... Almost everything that is sold for crowns in the game, can be gotten in the game by bosses...

KI has done a great Job and is covering every aspect and giving players of all levels and skill something to do...

Just because you may not like something, does not mean others don't... Instead of complaining, honestly, try and think what you can do... Form a strategy, ask for help... Don't just complain and demand things be changed, there are more people playing this game than just yourself... We are paying players too!!!


You missed the issue...rewards should be the same for all players
not random drops or random buys(skeleton dragon) or random training(spritely). And i am not in the game to play gambling.

It is not complaining it is stating isssues.

At what level did the base points for health , mana and power points stop
increasing....when will they increase again.

Two new worlds without a new level cap!!!

And obvious i have stategy and know how to play the game...i wish for a better game....

And there are more players complaining about some issues as you can see from the entries here and in other messages.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
2899
camelotmerlin wrote:


And i am not in the game to play gambling.

At what level did the base points for health , mana and power points stop
increasing....when will they increase again.

Two new worlds without a new level cap!!!



Agreed about the "gambling" aspect. I won't even get started about boss Crowns chests.

Disagree about increasing the level cap on optional worlds. That should be reserved for a sequential (storyline) world. At any rate, why do we need to get stronger? We can already solo 98% of the enemies.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2010
31
horsez98 wrote:
How do you get this quest?


I don't know if anybody has told you yet because I didn't look, but if your are a legendary, after you finish Wysteria and go back to Wizard City, Crisp will show up on your screen telling you that she needs your help. Hope this helps. :P

Emma IceBlossom
Legendary Thaumaturge

Survivor
May 07, 2009
2
What I like about the tower:

1. Difficult--uses different fighting style
2. Takes some time

What I do not like about the tower:

1. Absolutely horrible drops for the time it takes to complete the tower (no mega pet snacks, no secret treasured item that hardly anyone has--we seriously cannot count the athame or the ring because the WT crafted ones are somewhat equal to them).

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2926
colagada wrote:
camelotmerlin wrote:


And i am not in the game to play gambling.

At what level did the base points for health , mana and power points stop
increasing....when will they increase again.

Two new worlds without a new level cap!!!



Agreed about the "gambling" aspect. I won't even get started about boss Crowns chests.

Disagree about increasing the level cap on optional worlds. That should be reserved for a sequential (storyline) world. At any rate, why do we need to get stronger? We can already solo 98% of the enemies.


This is why we need to be stronger:

I made it all the way to the final room of this torture-chamber, only to have my group bail on me. The only one who's remotely reliable has kids and a much-busier life than mine, so I understood when he had to go, but the others just kinda left me there and I can't last 2 seconds in that place by myself. Lyon Lorestriker's blizzards do at least twice the damage of a normal one, and I am starting to get really fed up... I've said this before, and will say it again:

Yes, I understand that the quest is optional, but I've noticed that the "optional" quests are as such for groups only. Why are they not an option for solo players- people like me, whose friends aren't in the same time zone, whose groups abandon them, or who would rather work alone? I, for one, tire of these 'unbeatable' bosses rather quickly, and I'm sure that most of us don't have 6+ hours to spend on a quest that we can't complete.

This means one of two things:

1. Stay up all night and hope that someone logs on in the morning. Therefore, the last 6 hours will have been a total waste and I'll have to restart the entire thing again- but at least I'll have someone to do it with, right?

2. Go to sleep and lose everything; this also means that the last 6 hours were a total waste, and that I'm one step closer to just pulling both subs and leaving the game in frustration.

Again, I don't understand why solo players don't have the option of completing the instance. Making someone join a group because it's a "requirement" strikes me as wrong and completely unfair; this game is supposed to be fun, and I don't find it is when I have to worry about not being able to finish a quest because the others had to leave or decided to give up halfway through.

Needless to say, I'm not thrilled right now.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
vonawesome1 wrote:
colagada wrote:
camelotmerlin wrote:


And i am not in the game to play gambling.

At what level did the base points for health , mana and power points stop
increasing....when will they increase again.

Two new worlds without a new level cap!!!



Agreed about the "gambling" aspect. I won't even get started about boss Crowns chests.

Disagree about increasing the level cap on optional worlds. That should be reserved for a sequential (storyline) world. At any rate, why do we need to get stronger? We can already solo 98% of the enemies.


This is why we need to be stronger:

I made it all the way to the final room of this torture-chamber, only to have my group bail on me. The only one who's remotely reliable has kids and a much-busier life than mine, so I understood when he had to go, but the others just kinda left me there and I can't last 2 seconds in that place by myself. Lyon Lorestriker's blizzards do at least twice the damage of a normal one, and I am starting to get really fed up... I've said this before, and will say it again:

Yes, I understand that the quest is optional, but I've noticed that the "optional" quests are as such for groups only. Why are they not an option for solo players- people like me, whose friends aren't in the same time zone, whose groups abandon them, or who would rather work alone? I, for one, tire of these 'unbeatable' bosses rather quickly, and I'm sure that most of us don't have 6+ hours to spend on a quest that we can't complete.

This means one of two things:

1. Stay up all night and hope that someone logs on in the morning. Therefore, the last 6 hours will have been a total waste and I'll have to restart the entire thing again- but at least I'll have someone to do it with, right?

2. Go to sleep and lose everything; this also means that the last 6 hours were a total waste, and that I'm one step closer to just pulling both subs and leaving the game in frustration.

Again, I don't understand why solo players don't have the option of completing the instance. Making someone join a group because it's a "requirement" strikes me as wrong and completely unfair; this game is supposed to be fun, and I don't find it is when I have to worry about not being able to finish a quest because the others had to leave or decided to give up halfway through.

Needless to say, I'm not thrilled right now.


I am sure you realize, that this is a Multi-Player MMO... You can solo almost everything in this game... You can even solo Waterworks, if you are good enough...

Now, that being said, why should everything be downgraded, including the challenging optional dungeons, just to make a few Soloists happy?

This game is for a lot more people than just yourself...

Most people easily spend an hour on most dungeons, Waterworks included... That makes Helephant Tower no different! Problems is, as always, when people run into a challenge, instead of thinking, and forming a Team Strategy, they come here and whine and complain about the instance...

It is Optional... You don't have to stay up all night, praying for good players to come online... You can even come here and ask for help with this dungeon, I am sure many will be willing to meet up at a specific, time, date, realm...

Now, I agree, the drops could be better for this dungeon, a mega snack at every boss fight, like waterworks... But it is still a good and fun dungeon!

Survivor
Aug 05, 2010
12
willwolf64 wrote:
When my friends (Myth, Storm, and Balance) and I (Fire) did it, we beat all the battles on our first try. Except the last one. We died on the last battle, but then we walked back in with a better strategy and beat it. It was easier than Waterworks.
I did this dungeon my first time, with 3 people, and then 2 people when we got to last boss because my friend was mean and stupid and said he had to go. So when we got to the last boss, me and my friend Jason SummerWielder, of course died and gave up. On my second try with 4 people, (i did 4 people in the dungeon before one time and died on first battle), We had a good team and won all battles on first try and nobody died at all. So i think the real strategy of this tower is first #1: Have a good team and make sure nobody has to leave in order to have full support. #2: Make sure you have the right spells in your deck for each battle. If it's the first battle, put in the dispels or fire, storm, and death. I'm fire so i put in fire dispels. Then, if you're battling your own school, dont be stupid and let a healer try to kill the enemie, kill it yourself by using Prisms. At last battle with Lyon LoreStriker, they updated it so he does a 600+ damage blizzard every round he has 3 minions. Use as much shields as you can, and have a healer, Life Wizard. I learned that you can kill easily with the following schools: Fire(me), Myth, Life, and Storm. Life can heal, fire and myth can kill boss, while storm gets minions. I found this very useful. I know some people say this is easier than waterworks. It is for some people, but people who are new to this, it wont be. -Sean Flame, Legendary Pyromancer Youtube: Blazingpyromancer

Armiger
Mar 18, 2009
2381
If they made the hardest dungeons in the game (Helephant Tower/Waterworks) soloable, then there really wouldn't be a NEED for groups at all. The main storyline bosses are already soloable. Besides when the level cap increases, I'm sure Helephant Tower will be much easier, just like how Briskbreeze Tower is no longer a challenge like it use to be when the level cap was only 50.

The tower just came out and the problem is some people want the rewards right now (no matter how great or not great the rewards are). People also complain that there isn't any new content for level 60 folks, this Tower is that content and is designed to keep players coming back over and over to fill in that time until the next world. So yes, looking for group members and scheduling times is a part of that filler.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2926
darthjt wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:
colagada wrote:
camelotmerlin wrote:


And i am not in the game to play gambling.

At what level did the base points for health , mana and power points stop
increasing....when will they increase again.

Two new worlds without a new level cap!!!



Agreed about the "gambling" aspect. I won't even get started about boss Crowns chests.

Disagree about increasing the level cap on optional worlds. That should be reserved for a sequential (storyline) world. At any rate, why do we need to get stronger? We can already solo 98% of the enemies.


This is why we need to be stronger:

I made it all the way to the final room of this torture-chamber, only to have my group bail on me. The only one who's remotely reliable has kids and a much-busier life than mine, so I understood when he had to go, but the others just kinda left me there and I can't last 2 seconds in that place by myself. Lyon Lorestriker's blizzards do at least twice the damage of a normal one, and I am starting to get really fed up... I've said this before, and will say it again:

Yes, I understand that the quest is optional, but I've noticed that the "optional" quests are as such for groups only. Why are they not an option for solo players- people like me, whose friends aren't in the same time zone, whose groups abandon them, or who would rather work alone? I, for one, tire of these 'unbeatable' bosses rather quickly, and I'm sure that most of us don't have 6+ hours to spend on a quest that we can't complete.

This means one of two things:

1. Stay up all night and hope that someone logs on in the morning. Therefore, the last 6 hours will have been a total waste and I'll have to restart the entire thing again- but at least I'll have someone to do it with, right?

2. Go to sleep and lose everything; this also means that the last 6 hours were a total waste, and that I'm one step closer to just pulling both subs and leaving the game in frustration.

Again, I don't understand why solo players don't have the option of completing the instance. Making someone join a group because it's a "requirement" strikes me as wrong and completely unfair; this game is supposed to be fun, and I don't find it is when I have to worry about not being able to finish a quest because the others had to leave or decided to give up halfway through.

Needless to say, I'm not thrilled right now.


I am sure you realize, that this is a Multi-Player MMO... You can solo almost everything in this game... You can even solo Waterworks, if you are good enough...

Now, that being said, why should everything be downgraded, including the challenging optional dungeons, just to make a few Soloists happy?

This game is for a lot more people than just yourself...

Most people easily spend an hour on most dungeons, Waterworks included... That makes Helephant Tower no different! Problems is, as always, when people run into a challenge, instead of thinking, and forming a Team Strategy, they come here and whine and complain about the instance...

It is Optional... You don't have to stay up all night, praying for good players to come online... You can even come here and ask for help with this dungeon, I am sure many will be willing to meet up at a specific, time, date, realm...

Now, I agree, the drops could be better for this dungeon, a mega snack at every boss fight, like waterworks... But it is still a good and fun dungeon!


Once again, you've completely missed the point.

First of all, I never said that I wanted the thing downgraded. I simply said that solo players should, at the very least, have the option to complete the instance (a modified version, perhaps) that they've already started. If you were abandoned by your group, after 6 hours in there, wouldn't you want to finish the quest? We've tried to set something up, but the time differences make it very difficult to get anything going- the servers are pretty empty when I'm online, which is great for farming... Not so much for trying to start an instance like this one.

Optional means that it should be as such for everyone, and that includes players whose groups have abandoned them. I worked hard to make it to the end, so why should I not be able to complete the instance, just because my group decided to jump ship? It's a waste of time, and for what- a quest that I can't even complete? Groups should be an opt-in, NOT the other way around- if you want to team up, that's great, but leave those of us who don't (or can't) well enough alone.

Humour me, and please stop putting words in my mouth.

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
248
to all whop think this tower is really hard an boring i got something to say it can actually be fun with a good team that is a shocker to most of cuz your team probably wasnt good it shocked me too but couple times i had fun with it

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
vonawesome1 wrote:


Once again, you've completely missed the point.

First of all, I never said that I wanted the thing downgraded. I simply said that solo players should, at the very least, have the option to complete the instance (a modified version, perhaps) that they've already started. If you were abandoned by your group, after 6 hours in there, wouldn't you want to finish the quest? We've tried to set something up, but the time differences make it very difficult to get anything going- the servers are pretty empty when I'm online, which is great for farming... Not so much for trying to start an instance like this one.

Optional means that it should be as such for everyone, and that includes players whose groups have abandoned them. I worked hard to make it to the end, so why should I not be able to complete the instance, just because my group decided to jump ship? It's a waste of time, and for what- a quest that I can't even complete? Groups should be an opt-in, NOT the other way around- if you want to team up, that's great, but leave those of us who don't (or can't) well enough alone.

Humour me, and please stop putting words in my mouth.


So, what you are trying to say, is out of 15 million players, you are the only one, that for some reason, is on such a time schedule, that you can't get a team together and do this tower?

WOW, now ThaT is amazing!

2