Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

First Impressons of Wysteria

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 28, 2013
People seem pretty divided on their opinions of this world, given the topics in this forum. But I was just wondering, what were your initial impressions of the world after you had done a few quests?

I remember walking around Pigswick thinking oh my gosh, look at all these cute little piggies!! They are so adorable! And oh my gosh, Mrs. Dowager is like the grandmother I never had.

But then, when I started doing the quests from Headmistress Crisp, I was starting to get super paranoid. And with the game's narrator saying things like "something doesn't add up about this place," and then when that one student said that Pigswick folk are cheaters, I was totally creeped out LOL. I totally felt like I had just fallen through the looking glass and was in a creepy Wonderland or something.

But fortunately, it eventually became my favorite world (so far).

What were your thoughts going through the experience?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
StolenGrimoire on May 23, 2013 wrote:
People seem pretty divided on their opinions of this world, given the topics in this forum. But I was just wondering, what were your initial impressions of the world after you had done a few quests?

I remember walking around Pigswick thinking oh my gosh, look at all these cute little piggies!! They are so adorable! And oh my gosh, Mrs. Dowager is like the grandmother I never had.

But then, when I started doing the quests from Headmistress Crisp, I was starting to get super paranoid. And with the game's narrator saying things like "something doesn't add up about this place," and then when that one student said that Pigswick folk are cheaters, I was totally creeped out LOL. I totally felt like I had just fallen through the looking glass and was in a creepy Wonderland or something.

But fortunately, it eventually became my favorite world (so far).

What were your thoughts going through the experience?
I actually love this world. The only part that I didn't like was all the running around at first, but you do that which most new worlds anyway. I hope they expand on this world... it would be awesome!

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
It kind of hurt when they said those hurtful things about wizard city... Teachers there are mean ( some ). There WAS something weird about that place. Curse you lord Bramble!

It is also a weird place to have the tower of the helephant.

Molly
Level 50

Survivor
May 14, 2009
My first impression: Wow!
It has amazing features. I like the pigs as well, they ARE cute. :3
I just don't like how when you level up ... a LOT ... you can face the Tower of the Helephant.
It's in Pegasus Place.
It's freaking HARD.
If they made it a little easier, it would be my 2nd favorite place ... so far.

Level 78 (Almost 79 :D)

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Wysteria is cool

The only things I don't like are the teachers who insult Ravenwood

And Bellatrix.....oh! I mean Belladonna crisp......no I didn't

Survivor
Nov 19, 2012
Me personally I thought pigs wick was a dream come true I thought it was so much cooler and more modern and a slight middle age I was living in the life at first seeing all those cute little pigs and the beautiful scenery and every thing was so amazing but then when I did the quest where I had to go get the raven wood ring and it was not there it did say "something about this place doesn't add up." I was horrified I was crushed when I herd that and that pig saying the cheat they cheat! I felt like I just slammed on the back hard I mean pigs wick was my personal dream come true a little more relaxed then raven woods busy husltle then after a small bit of questing I could completely tell the narrator was right something was weird then after I finished it all I could say I was both disappointed and happy. One being disappointed because I wanted wyisteria to be a bit more laid back and more relaxing then normal then it all was like a spinning top going around from bad to good to just plain odd. Then two happy because partly I did enjoy being able to get away from other busy worlds like grizzleheim marleybone ( especially marley bone ) and krokotpia. It was easy to enjoy the nice setting,scenery and just being able to take a break with the tournament and all. Over all I must say I did really loved pigs wick and I started a new balance wizard just because I want to do the story line again it was quite enjoyable and I hope for more like it ~ scarlet stormblossem lvl 31~ keep it coming kings isle

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
I liked it for some reason wysteria reminded me of Hogwarts. Get it Hog=pig. and Randolf kinda reminded me of Draco Malfoy....I'm probably the only on that thinks that. well I liked it it seemed real cool at first the head mistress irritated me with her whole "our fountain is magical" stupidness. And I didn't like how they talked about Ravenwood their school really isn't that fantastic.

Ashley Lvl 32

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
Ok not to insult those who like Wysteria, but i hate it. It long, hard, and some of the ideas are a bit stupid, like how the headmistress thinks "The fountian is magical." and the fact that the teachers don't teach us spells. But a few reasons I think it a little funny is the pigs run in flip-like positions amd they're in the air. Another reason it funny is that the game says,"Something doesn't seem right with this place." because it doesn't. One more reason is I like the exp they give and the tourtement.Other than that, I HATE WYSTERIA!

Monica 29
"The Dragon Wisperer"

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
It is beautiful and its music brings tears to my eyes. I love it but not the quests.
Spirit and logic work together