Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

You're No Noob!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 15, 2009
Hi, I'm Renny :3 (Not my real name, just a shorter version of an annoyingly long Username) And I've noticed an increase in bullies on W101. Chances are, you have too! But what to do about it?

Well you could...
*Get ticked off, report them for calling you a "noob" and then get muted for false reporting (Not at all reccomended)

Or find a humourous approach by saying...
*"I'm not a noob! I'm a(n) INSERT SCHOOL HERE"
or
*"Aww Thanks!"

Of course, to make them stop, all you really need to do is...
*Say, "Please go away" And put them on your ignore list.

What do you do?

~Renny (Shannon Willowblossom Level 37 Life Wizard)

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
RenesmeeCullenCuti... wrote:
Hi, I'm Renny :3 (Not my real name, just a shorter version of an annoyingly long Username) And I've noticed an increase in bullies on W101. Chances are, you have too! But what to do about it?

Well you could...
*Get ticked off, report them for calling you a "noob" and then get muted for false reporting (Not at all reccomended)

or
*"Aww Thanks!"

What do you do?

um lol i will probably say "aww thanks"

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
Delver
Aug 14, 2009
Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I use ignore often and liberally. If you are rude or spam, I ignore you. Then again, if you are not obnoxious or annoying I am very willing to help out. You reap what you sew.

Devin Darksong – Grandmaster Necromancer – lvl 50 Death
Digby Darksong – Grandmaster Theurgist – lvl 50 Life
Duncan Darksong – Grandmaster Sorcerer – lvl 50 Balance
Dylan Darksong – Grandmaster Diviner – lvl 50 Storm
Dustan Darksong – Grandmaster Conjurer – lvl 50 Myth
Dolan Darksong – Master Thaumaturge - 50 Ice

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009

Well you could...

or
*"Aww Thanks!"

What do you do?

i would mostly say
"aww thx"
or
"i know you are but what am i?"

Samantha Sunctcher lvl 48 BALANCE
Amy Suncatcher lvl 25 LIFE
Natalie Suncatcher lvl 20 MYTH
Vanessa Sunchatcher lvl 11 DEATH
Jessica Suncatcher lvl 12 ICE
and
Fiona Suncatcher lvl 10 FIRE

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Defender
Jul 13, 2009
Lol! I just get realy mad and switch realms. But the reason u get muted 4 reporting is that bein rude isn't technecly against the rules (which they should change bcuz then perfectly good ppl get muted 4 false reporting thnking that person was doin somthin against the rules) . So I think the best thing to do is ignore them or change realms.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
gegr wrote:

Well you could...

or
*"Aww Thanks!"

What do you do?

i would mostly say
"aww thx"
or

and

If someone Says "i know you are, but what am i?"
Say "I wont tell you before you cry"

Works all the time

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
guys im lvl 33 and some people call you noobs just to be mean but others get frustrated because a lot of noobs (new players) will only be friend you just to go to new worlds and also they join in battles and act like they know what they are doing and just get you killed. A lot of times noobs will always ask for help which gets really annoying, if your at the world your supposed to be then fine but when your lvl 10 and port to moo shu and ask for help no one's going to save you. so think befor you start saying all that cause a lot of times its your fault.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
Survivor
Mar 19, 2009
i would mostly say
"aww thx"
or

and

Now, that isn't really the smartest idea, as to they could end up reporting you. If you see a bully, just report and ignore, if they report back, odds are that they will get muted right back.

Explorer
Jun 14, 2009
dpalski wrote:
guys im lvl 33 and some people call you noobs just to be mean but others get frustrated because a lot of noobs (new players) will only be friend you just to go to new worlds and also they join in battles and act like they know what they are doing and just get you killed. A lot of times noobs will always ask for help which gets really annoying, if your at the world your supposed to be then fine but when your lvl 10 and port to moo shu and ask for help no one's going to save you. so think befor you start saying all that cause a lot of times its your fault.

Perfectly true. You can search Noobs in dragonspyre, cause it has the same idea.

Survivor
Nov 12, 2009
Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
I would say'' if you want to say something rude, don't say anything at all''

Bye now!!!!!
from, melcookie925

Survivor
Jan 21, 2010
Earlier this week, after a pvp match, there were a few players calling others noobs and it ended up in a big discussion of how wrong it is to call someone a noob. Another adult even told me it's not a "bad" word because it's not blocked. My reply..."Neither are a lot of other words or phrases that can hurt feelings." I hate the word. Even though my daughter and many other young players are far from being noobs, it still does hurt younger kids feelings.

I know it probably won't ever happen, but I feel the word should be blocked from the game. I've seen too many younger kids upset by it. We are here to protect our kids.....not let other kids upset them by calling them names.

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
The solution should be automated ... but it is hard to code such actions "fairly" ... not that I personally care about "fairness" when it comes to disciplining rudeness (from the Hannibal Lector School of Rudeness Treatment myself) ...

KI ... please scan the the player registry and sort it based upon the number of times a player has been "ignored" ... the players responsible for causing strife (whatever behavior is causing it) will sift to the top ...

evaluate the list ... decide on a zero tolerance "number of offenses" ...

and delete the subscriptions of ALL those that apply.

They lose all their money paid, all the wizards they have built, all the treasures they have accumulated ... and we get less workload on over-worked servers and a more enjoyable atmosphere to play the game.

I would suggest performing the scan weekly to start.

P.S. Muting an offender for a week is seen as a badge of courage, a "trophy", for these malcontents. They brag about it among their other malcontent "friends" ... the minimum punishment on this site should be a week of no play at all. They will not take you seriously until you implement serious repercussions for their behavior.

So, get serious.

Survivor
May 27, 2009
Defender
Jun 12, 2009
alex321694 wrote:
The solution should be automated ... but it is hard to code such actions "fairly" ... not that I personally care about "fairness" when it comes to disciplining rudeness (from the Hannibal Lector School of Rudeness Treatment myself) ...

KI ... please scan the the player registry and sort it based upon the number of times a player has been "ignored" ... the players responsible for causing strife (whatever behavior is causing it) will sift to the top ...

evaluate the list ... decide on a zero tolerance "number of offenses" ...

and delete the subscriptions of ALL those that apply.

They lose all their money paid, all the wizards they have built, all the treasures they have accumulated ... and we get less workload on over-worked servers and a more enjoyable atmosphere to play the game.

I would suggest performing the scan weekly to start.

P.S. Muting an offender for a week is seen as a badge of courage, a "trophy", for these malcontents. They brag about it among their other malcontent "friends" ... the minimum punishment on this site should be a week of no play at all. They will not take you seriously until you implement serious repercussions for their behavior.

So, get serious.
well this is actually a bad idea for noobs too because if there is a group of bullies wich there usually is then they will all ignore you and other people can just ignore you for no reason and then you would lose it

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
I would say Hey! Thanks do you know what that means ? It means i am new and you are old ! lol but i havent tried it since i have not been called a noob in a while....

Paul Legendblood Level 46 Savior of the spiral

Defender
Oct 26, 2009

Well you could...

or
*"Aww Thanks!"

What do you do?

This often happens to me when I'm training a lower level wizard. If the person is below Legendary, I usually call in my best friend IRL to port in on his Legendary and say, "Who are you calling a noob?"

Works every time :P

Quinn Dragonwhisper-Legendary Conjurer
Benjamin Dragonblade-Legendary Diviner

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009

Well you could...

or
*"Aww Thanks!"

What do you do?

I usually say you are what you call someone.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
But---to continue my previous post, there is no reason posting this on the boards. People are not bullies for getting annoyed at someone and accidently spilling an annoyed comment such as, "You're a noob".

Survivor
May 08, 2011
samjam99 wrote:
aname wrote:
I would say " takes one to know one "

agreed

Also agreed.

Scarlet SparkleHeart Level 28 Balance
Sierra Level 5 Life
Chelsea SoulCatcher Level 2 Death