Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is Malistaire trying to destroy W. City?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 21, 2013
Sollei13 on Dec 31, 2011 wrote:
One thing I don't understand about the game, what is Malistaire's motive?! If they do tell us at some point in the game, please don't spoil it for us. If you have a theory, post it here, please! I have a theory, but its a little creepy, so maybe I wont post it just yet.
Not just WC, The whole spiral. He thinks it is the spiral's fualt for his loss, Sylvia.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
His beloved wife passed away due to a bad cold. He sorts turned insane and wants to summon a dragon titan what will most likely destroy the spiral. So to make sure no one stops him, he creates every single boss and monster that we fight to stop us from getting to him.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
wizardrokz on Feb 15, 2013 wrote:
His beloved wife passed away due to a bad cold. He sorts turned insane and wants to summon a dragon titan what will most likely destroy the spiral. So to make sure no one stops him, he creates every single boss and monster that we fight to stop us from getting to him.
Forgot to mention: He wants the dragon titan to command it to bring sylvia back to life, but its probably gonna say no and destroy the spiral instead

Explorer
Feb 27, 2011
He's trying to make his wife come back to life with a dragon titon. Or if that's how you spell it. Anyway, Dragonspyre is where you fight him. Good luck! Dragonspyre is really fun!

Survivor
Aug 31, 2012
well its the only safe safe place in the spiral and because headmaster ambrose is there and he wants revenge on him

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Its because none of the wizards like him. He never gets invited to birthday parties or the annual wizard convention. After many years of being snubbed he decided to destroy everything. He's just using his dead wife as an excuse.

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Jude370 on Feb 5, 2012 wrote:
Malistaire does not wish to solely destroy Wizard City; as a matter of fact, Wizard City holds too many memories of his former life. Plus, even he knows destroying the home place of all Wizards would be an ignorant decision. He only seeks to corrupt the Spiral enough for it to become his, both physically and spiritually. I do not fully understand the story behind the awakening of the Dragon Titan, but all I know is that he wants to show the Spiral and especially Ambrose himself, why he is the way he is. He wants to gain enough power so he could create his own personal army of the Undead and essentially, rule over all known reaches of the Spiral.

If he had corrupted the Spiral enough, I presume he would have sent advanced Undead creatures to seek out and discover hidden artifacts and even secret worlds. He would have personally eliminated Ambrose and the other headmasters; maybe keeping and corrupting his brother Cyrus. He would have discovered the Astral magics and corrupted them to create his own personal and powerful type of magic of which no other can defeat or shield against: Eclipse magic. He would have taken Wizards from all over the Spiral to make them his own personal warriors. He might have even created new schools after discovering more and more secrets.

However, Malistaire may not be the only "Bad" guy out there. Eventually, he would encountered Morganthe. They would have seen each other as a threat; realized each other's power and knew the amount of risk it would be to live in the same Spiral. Eventually, we would have seen an all out war between the Umbra Forces and The Undead Army. Both Morganthe and Malistaire may be of equal power. Morganthe came from who knows where, probably from a deep dark part of the Spiral where there are more secrets and abilities only SHE knows about, while Malistaire knows things only HE knows about. Almost like the Northern and Southern hemispheres meeting for the first time.

The amount of destruction and wild magic roaming around would be Chaotic...
morganathe is from zafaria.

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Malistaire isn't trying to destroy wizard city. From what I have learned, he is just trying to get his wife back. Once you get to krokotopia, you learn that Malistaire is trying to get the krokonomicon (i hope i spelled it right), which tells the secrets of life and death magic. At the end of krokotopia, once you defeat krokopatra, she tells you that she sealed the krokonomicon away- and then the artifact it is in is sent to marleybone! I think Mailistaire gets the krokonomicon... in newgate prision is where you learn that. I'm not quite sure of what happens after that (i just finished katzenstein's lab in marleybone). I do know that in newgate prision you also learn that he is going to dragonspyere. (Don't think i spelled that right, either...) I am not sure what happens after that, but i think in dragonspyere he is going to summon the dragon titain and get his wife back. In summoning the dragon titain, the spiral will be destroyed. This is why you have to stop him...

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
kuvkuv on Feb 15, 2013 wrote:
Not just WC, The whole spiral. He thinks it is the spiral's fualt for his loss, Sylvia.
no...

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Destiny Windgem on Apr 14, 2013 wrote:
morganathe is from zafaria.
Sorry, I meant Morganathe is from Avalon...

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Destiny Windgem on Apr 14, 2013 wrote:
Malistaire isn't trying to destroy wizard city. From what I have learned, he is just trying to get his wife back. Once you get to krokotopia, you learn that Malistaire is trying to get the krokonomicon (i hope i spelled it right), which tells the secrets of life and death magic. At the end of krokotopia, once you defeat krokopatra, she tells you that she sealed the krokonomicon away- and then the artifact it is in is sent to marleybone! I think Mailistaire gets the krokonomicon... in newgate prision is where you learn that. I'm not quite sure of what happens after that (i just finished katzenstein's lab in marleybone). I do know that in newgate prision you also learn that he is going to dragonspyere. (Don't think i spelled that right, either...) I am not sure what happens after that, but i think in dragonspyere he is going to summon the dragon titain and get his wife back. In summoning the dragon titain, the spiral will be destroyed. This is why you have to stop him...
I also found something that says that if the powers of the krokonomicon and dragon titain are combined it will destroy the spiral. And I was wrong in big ben malistare says he has the krokonomicon and is heading to dragonspyre. And I found out about MooShu the emporer has the spiral key to dragonspyre. malistare injured the emporer and you have to heal him he gives you the spiral key because malistare was forced to drop it then off you go to dragonspyre to stop him

Survivor
Jul 09, 2012
Jude370 on Feb 5, 2012 wrote:
Malistaire does not wish to solely destroy Wizard City; as a matter of fact, Wizard City holds too many memories of his former life. Plus, even he knows destroying the home place of all Wizards would be an ignorant decision. He only seeks to corrupt the Spiral enough for it to become his, both physically and spiritually. I do not fully understand the story behind the awakening of the Dragon Titan, but all I know is that he wants to show the Spiral and especially Ambrose himself, why he is the way he is. He wants to gain enough power so he could create his own personal army of the Undead and essentially, rule over all known reaches of the Spiral.

If he had corrupted the Spiral enough, I presume he would have sent advanced Undead creatures to seek out and discover hidden artifacts and even secret worlds. He would have personally eliminated Ambrose and the other headmasters; maybe keeping and corrupting his brother Cyrus. He would have discovered the Astral magics and corrupted them to create his own personal and powerful type of magic of which no other can defeat or shield against: Eclipse magic. He would have taken Wizards from all over the Spiral to make them his own personal warriors. He might have even created new schools after discovering more and more secrets.

However, Malistaire may not be the only "Bad" guy out there. Eventually, he would encountered Morganthe. They would have seen each other as a threat; realized each other's power and knew the amount of risk it would be to live in the same Spiral. Eventually, we would have seen an all out war between the Umbra Forces and The Undead Army. Both Morganthe and Malistaire may be of equal power. Morganthe came from who knows where, probably from a deep dark part of the Spiral where there are more secrets and abilities only SHE knows about, while Malistaire knows things only HE knows about. Almost like the Northern and Southern hemispheres meeting for the first time.

The amount of destruction and wild magic roaming around would be Chaotic...
Just to tell you, Morganthe came from Zafaria. I have no clue where Malistaire is, You should know yours facts.

Kane SkullStaff, Your Level 30 Pyromancer.

Explorer
Dec 01, 2012
One thing I don't understand about the game, what is Malistaire's motive?! If they do tell us at some point in the game, please don't spoil it for us. If you have a theory, post it here, please! I have a theory, but its a little creepy, so maybe I wont post it just yet.
He's not trying to destroy Wizard City. He is going after all of the Worlds of the Spiral.

Explorer
Dec 01, 2012
Kymonster37865 on Jan 2, 2012 wrote:
I know why, yes they do tell you later in the game and it is not just Wizard City, he is trying to destroy the entire spiral. Which when you lvl up you will know is all of the different worlds. Wizard City is not the only world. Once you have reached a certain lvl you can keep moving on in different worlds, If you are a member. When you are in a world called DragonSpyre you will learn why he wants revenge. You said you didn't want it spoiled so i won't tell you but i am warning you Dragon Spyre is a long way away. Here is a list of worlds you will enter and save. Wizard City, Krokatopia, MarlyBone, Mooshu, Dragonspyre, Celestia, Zafaria. There you go! Enjoy playing and keep working. This is an amazing game.
Also Azteca and Avalon.

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Kane Skullstaff on May 1, 2013 wrote:
Just to tell you, Morganthe came from Zafaria. I have no clue where Malistaire is, You should know yours facts.

Kane SkullStaff, Your Level 30 Pyromancer.
No, she came from Avalon but lived in Zafaria. In Avalon she was once headmaster ambrose's apprentice.

Destiny Windgem, level 41

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Sorry if I spolied it a bit back there... I just can't help correcting people and answering questions very deatailed, it's kinda a habit.

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
Hi guys,

Erm...I kinda feel a little sorry for Malistaire.
I know, I know... he's evil, but it's not really his fault, you know?

Your Fellow Wizard,
Miranda Thundergem LVL52

P.S. Here's a little thing for all the Death Wizards out there...

Survivor
Apr 25, 2013
Malistaire wants to destroy the whole spiral 'cause he's revenging the wizard who killed his wife but it could be the magic who killed his wife and he wants his wife back alive and in the future of Wizard101 maybe Malistaire's wife could come back alive and everything in Wizard101 is back to normal.

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
really people. ok here is the whole entire plot of malistare (and some things you may not know yet ;)]

ok so in the tutorial you fight him in a tower whoop de doo his wife dies, whole point of sylvia drake quest, and he is trying to get the krokonomicon to wake up the big dragon titan and revive his wife sylvia, cyrus doesnt tell you that till you beat him, [ yes, i said it, you have to fight him and beat him to go to dragon spyre]
anyways so he hires meowiarty to steal the krokonomicon and lock himself in big ben. I think the point of mooshu is to heal the emporeror. Then when you actually do kill him in ds, you gotta go save celestia, then zafaria when you meet morganthe the queen of spiders and what not and she gets her spell deck back, [hint you'll prolly fight her soon people who are worried about that] and she awakens the astral gaudrians. then in avalon she is trying to kill king artorious and blah blah blah then you go in ghot av to save him before he dies and you also learn morganthe's plot there cause you fight her young lady style. then in azteca she is trying to blow it up with a meteor called xilbalba and i dont know why. you dont fight her you fight malistare just he's immune to every school for a cheat and he's dead so he looks all weird and he has three people helping him.
matthew wyrmblade lvl 82
home is where the wand is

Survivor
Jun 29, 2012
WendigoMMMr on May 6, 2012 wrote:
Well and truly, there's only one word which is the answer: Depression

Malistaire became depressed after his wife passed away, then he withdrew from everything and turned...well...death.

That's pretty much the reason why. You should do more quests (the one that explains it is free to play).

-Inc4ns-
he is a very evil man. he gives me the creeps.

Explorer
Jun 20, 2013
Because of his wife's death. He is sad and angry so he has became evil to avenge his wife but it has not worked so far yet...

Survivor
Oct 11, 2012
i might know why,
cause his wife died so he might be mad and sad at the same time kind of like
hot cold makes tornado mad sad makes chaos so he takes it out on the spiral
cause he might think its the spirals fault well he is so yea, ... ... ...
death is death explains a lot

Survivor
Feb 05, 2012
People, he wants to destroy the spiral cause he lost he wife Sylvia Drake and wants revenge.

P.S. He turned evil after Silvia died

Luke Bearmancer Lvl 47 Pyromancer

Go FIRE

Survivor
Dec 08, 2012
He's not trying to destroy wizard city, I think. But if I'm wrong, my theory is; That he is sick and tired of Merle, and all the teachers so...