Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is Malistaire trying to destroy W. City?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
He's trying to save his wife but then doesn't know that that the powers he need might destroy the spiral. He does not want to destroy the spiral!

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
Malistaire's wife died. That, I think, is a reason.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2011
He doesn't want to destroy wizard city he wants to destroy the spiral. You will find out the rest later on in the story

Eric SwiftPyre 8)

Defender
May 22, 2011
well from all the youtube videos i watched i have come to one conclusion. Malistaire is not trying to desrtoy wizard city. he is looking for information there. unfortonately he finds it and moves to krokotopia to get the krokonomicon. later you find out the krokonomicon was taken to marleybone so you travel there. i'm not sure what happens in between but you eventually make it to dragonspyre. there malistaire is trying to awaken the dragon titan to bring sylvia drake back to life. he brought the bad thing to w. city to cause panic so they won't realize what he is really doing. Also the krokonomicon is the greatest source of knowledge one life and death magic and as you probaly know sylvia was a life wizard.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
rest wrote:
He is only trying to get his wife back. ok so what he is doing something that the whole spiral forbids and we MUST stop him so what? im in celestia. and i think he was the queen in a game of chess the king must bee knocked over.

I feel kinda sorry for him.

Vladus Darkcaster lvl 61 ice

You have to stop him cause what if the Dragon Titan Destroys him and the Spiral?And I doubt he really wants to destroy the Spiral.I think he wants to take over the Spiral.

William ShadowFriend, Lvl 35 Theurgist
A+ Student

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
The big reason why Malistaire basically wants to get rid of the Spiral is because of the death of his wife, Sylvia Drake. In the storyline quest of Wizard City, you talk to an old woman in Olde Town who tells you about her. She says that Sylvia used to be the life teacher, and they were a happy married couple. :) But then there was a time when Sylvia got a type of illness and died of it. Saddening :( :( :( . Then the woman said that Malistaire couldn't stand letting her go, so his rage grew and his mind started to turn into a killing machine. Well, not like that, I mean. But, he couldn't stand the thought of losing his wife. Here was his face a few days during his destruction. Creepy!

Level 68 Necromancer
Shannon Deathglade

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
In my opinion, Malistaire (former death teacher) isn't really going to destroy wizard city; he's trying to make it harder for wizard city.

I mean Malistaire was always noted as one of the most famous boss and subject in the game .... so if he really is trying to destroy wizard city, his only excuse would be that he's evil.
It makes sense that he would just do it because he's evil and he wants to do it. (also malistaire is dead when you finish dragonspyre)

Explorer
Jan 31, 2011
Masonsgirl99 wrote:
Kymonster37865 wrote:
I know why, yes they do tell you later in the game and it is not just Wizard City, he is trying to destroy the entire spiral. Which when you lvl up you will know is all of the different worlds. Wizard City is not the only world. Once you have reached a certain lvl you can keep moving on in different worlds, If you are a member. When you are in a world called DragonSpyre you will learn why he wants revenge. You said you didn't want it spoiled so i won't tell you but i am warning you Dragon Spyre is a long way away. Here is a list of worlds you will enter and save. Wizard City, Krokatopia, MarlyBone, Mooshu, Dragonspyre, Celestia, Zafaria. There you go! Enjoy playing and keep working. This is an amazing game.

Don't forget Wysteria ;)

Or avalon

Survivor
Jul 24, 2012
this is my geuss Becus the headmaster banist him and he wats reveng !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
Jude370 wrote:
Malistaire does not wish to solely destroy Wizard City; as a matter of fact, Wizard City holds too many memories of his former life. Plus, even he knows destroying the home place of all Wizards would be an ignorant decision. He only seeks to corrupt the Spiral enough for it to become his, both physically and spiritually. I do not fully understand the story behind the awakening of the Dragon Titan, but all I know is that he wants to show the Spiral and especially Ambrose himself, why he is the way he is. He wants to gain enough power so he could create his own personal army of the Undead and essentially, rule over all known reaches of the Spiral.

If he had corrupted the Spiral enough, I presume he would have sent advanced Undead creatures to seek out and discover hidden artifacts and even secret worlds. He would have personally eliminated Ambrose and the other headmasters; maybe keeping and corrupting his brother Cyrus. He would have discovered the Astral magics and corrupted them to create his own personal and powerful type of magic of which no other can defeat or shield against: Eclipse magic. He would have taken Wizards from all over the Spiral to make them his own personal warriors. He might have even created new schools after discovering more and more secrets.

However, Malistaire may not be the only "Bad" guy out there. Eventually, he would encountered Morganthe. They would have seen each other as a threat; realized each other's power and knew the amount of risk it would be to live in the same Spiral. Eventually, we would have seen an all out war between the Umbra Forces and The Undead Army. Both Morganthe and Malistaire may be of equal power. Morganthe came from who knows where, probably from a deep dark part of the Spiral where there are more secrets and abilities only SHE knows about, while Malistaire knows things only HE knows about. Almost like the Northern and Southern hemispheres meeting for the first time.

The amount of destruction and wild magic roaming around would be Chaotic...

Wow, that's pretty epic ..... a huge all out war would've been kinda awesome (and scary :? )

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
He's not trying to destroy the spiral, or wizard city or whatever, He's trying to bring silvia drake back to life.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
moogirl45 wrote:
They will tell later in the game. I think in MB but I'm not sure.

No, in DragonSpyre.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Sollei13 on Dec 31, 2011 wrote:
One thing I don't understand about the game, what is Malistaire's motive?! If they do tell us at some point in the game, please don't spoil it for us. If you have a theory, post it here, please! I have a theory, but its a little creepy, so maybe I wont post it just yet.
Basically, after Sylvia Drake is killed, Malistaire seeks to use the Krokonomican that holds the secrets to LIfe and Death Magics, but needs the help of Meowiarty to get it. Once he gets it he has to request the Emporer of Mooshu for the key to Dragonspyre. When the Emporer refuses, Malistaire nearly kills him and the key and then destroys Dragonspyre because no one approves of hips actions, with the Storm Titan's aid.

Before the final battle in the crown of fire atop a volcano, Cyrus uses Sylvia to convince Malistaire of stopping his wreck less destruction to avenge her death. Only when he is dead, does he realize that he was wrong in wreaking havoc on the worlds in Malistaire quest line.

Timothy Pearlflower, Level 77 Ice WIzard

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
I think he is just mad from his loss.

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
He misses his wife Sylvia. when you face him in Dragonspyre, he says to Sylvia that all he wanted to do was to bring her back and to try to gain power to reverse her death.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
Maistare is trying to destroy the spiral not just wizard city he wants to find a cure to revive his wife Sylvia drake . But also as you may now in Azteca mailstare is back and he is morganthe's servant so morganthe brought mailstare back from the dead

Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
One thing I don't understand about the game, what is Malistaire's motive?! If they do tell us at some point in the game, please don't spoil it for us. If you have a theory, post it here, please! I have a theory, but its a little creepy, so maybe I wont post it just yet.
Malistaire Drake had a wife named Sylvia. She got sick and died. He loved her so much that he turned evil trying to bring her back. So he conquered Wizard City, krokotopia, Marleybone, MooShu and Dragonspyre in search of a way to bring his wife back. In the final battle of Dragonspyre there is a long dramatic cutscene with Malistaire, Cyrus (his brother and the Myth professer) and the ghost of Sylvia Drake. If I say anymore I might spoil it.

~Tara Frostgem true diviner

Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
''spoiler alert'' malistaire is trying 2 destroy wizard city bcause he is trying 2 bring his wife sylvia back and his brother[ myth teacher is his brother and is trying to stop him u will go 2 lots of world 2 get there and there is also many other worlds like wizard city krockotopia grizzelhiem mooshu mareleybone dragonspyre celestia avalon and azteca

Survivor
Nov 06, 2012
Kymonster37865 on Jan 2, 2012 wrote:
I know why, yes they do tell you later in the game and it is not just Wizard City, he is trying to destroy the entire spiral. Which when you lvl up you will know is all of the different worlds. Wizard City is not the only world. Once you have reached a certain lvl you can keep moving on in different worlds, If you are a member. When you are in a world called DragonSpyre you will learn why he wants revenge. You said you didn't want it spoiled so i won't tell you but i am warning you Dragon Spyre is a long way away. Here is a list of worlds you will enter and save. Wizard City, Krokatopia, MarlyBone, Mooshu, Dragonspyre, Celestia, Zafaria. There you go! Enjoy playing and keep working. This is an amazing game.
one thing........ you forgot wystiria!

Survivor
Jun 14, 2012
I don't think he is trying to destroy the spiral, he was just causing all of that trouble to get something so he could revive her wife.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2012
SPOILER

he is trying to bring back his wife!

Survivor
Sep 25, 2011
my theory is that since he uses that strong dragon thing to bring sylvia back from the dead it might have to destroy a few things to make the power to bring her back .... and he really doesn't want to destroy anything it is just that we get in his path and makes him anger and send his minions to keep us slowed down. but also we are trying to keep him alive so he doesn't get killed by the strong magic of the dragon. so the gist of the game is to save malistare or at least until the end of dragonspyre

Survivor
Sep 04, 2010
listen he is sad and hurt his wife is dead she was the life teache an r in Dragonspyre you fine out a lot but like me you need to be a member to go there if you did the quest on old town for the book that belongs to her friend you will know a lot in old town by the bazzar there is a lady talk to her and listen to all she has to say he blams headmaster for her dieing because he is the most powerfull out of all you meet and fight in the game and you think his brother the myth teacher is helping him because of how he talks to you you think he is evil when he ask the head master to kick you out but the head master wont do it but the myth teacher is he nice after all he just not sure if you are the one to stop his brother or not but when you beat him in a battle the myth teacher he sees you can don know you why he is mad and wants to get rig of every thing not just wizard city but every thing he blams head master for his wife dieing and wants payback

Survivor
Sep 04, 2010
listen he is sad and hurt his wife is dead she was the life teache an r in Dragonspyre you fine out a lot but like me you need to be a member to go there if you did the quest on old town for the book that belongs to her friend you will know a lot in old town by the bazzar there is a lady talk to her and listen to all she has to say he blams headmaster for her dieing because he is the most powerfull out of all you meet and fight in the game and you think his brother the myth teacher is helping him because of how he talks to you you think he is evil when he ask the head master to kick you out but the head master wont do it but the myth teacher is he nice after all he just not sure if you are the one to stop his brother or not but when you beat him in a battle the myth teacher he sees you can don know you why he is mad and wants to get rig of every thing not just wizard city but every thing he blams head master for his wife dieing and wants payback

Survivor
May 12, 2009
A Balanced Life on Jan 3, 2012 wrote:
x sigh x Malistaire is mad and sad about having his wife die, Sylvia, former life school teacher, (thats why you'll do the Sylvia drake quest earlier in the game), and he wants to like take over the dragon titan, and have his wife come back to life so he can take over the spiral with her.
He/She is totally right