Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is wizard city based on?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 18, 2014
I don't think I've seen a post on here explaining this. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
I don't believe it's really based upon anything. I think it's just meant to be your classic fantasy town setting, hub world-esque type area. I believe there were posts a long time ago talking about what worlds were based on what, and I believe they all said that it was just based upon being a random city, fantasy type place.

Thomas Wildstaff, 92

Survivor
Jan 26, 2013
Yeah. I have a question of my own: What's Dragonspyre and Khrysalis based off of? I've always wondered...

Survivor
Feb 10, 2016
Wizard City is based on Viking lore. Bartebly is based on the tree, Yggdrassil. Dragonsypre is based on Greek-Roman lore with a mix of Russian culture.

Survivor
May 14, 2017
Well if you’re asking about lore Merle Ambrose went out to discover different types of schools for wizardry. He found fire , ice and storm which were the magic of the titans. But then we continued to find schools which were manipulating the forces that make ones self which are death, life, and myth. That’s just why the schools are there that we have other than death school because malistare broke it away from ravenwood but there is a whole other story about that! For a complete run through about wizard city’s lore I would watch this video by Kenneth FireBlade

(YouTube link removed as it is against The Rules. ~Dworgyn)

I hope this helps!
Matthew:51