Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
Hi, I am a level 78 wizard, and I have tried waterworks SO MANY times, I am starting to get extremely irrate, I have like I said, done it about a million times, and the only thing I have gotten is the hat. I keep farming the dungeon, and I have gotten the hat twice, I keep getting the hat, but the thing I want I don't get, I am not even kidding. I know you have to keep farming it, but this is absolute madness, It's not fair, no one should have to go through so much stress just for some gear, and my friends sometimes get it in 2 runs, and I do it 20 thousand times and get the same hat twice. I am gonna do it a few more times and if I don't get i I am thinking about quitting forever. Can anyone tell me the chances of getting the gear, and I really hope someone with Wizard101 staff sees this, so they can at least consider changing the chances of getting the gear. I doubt I am the only one who has posted of this before. I just don't understand how Kingisle actually think some people have the patients to actually keep farming a super hard dungeon so many times, I really hope you guys come to you senses, and at least make the chance a little higher. I can understand why Luska would be a lesser chance to get, but doing the whole dungeon to get the gear should be like a 99.9 percent. This is ridiculous, please consider changing the chances please.
Thank you, Jack StormSword Level 78
See ya in the spiral if I don't quit the game.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Jack StormSword on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
Hi, I am a level 78 wizard, and I have tried waterworks SO MANY times, I am starting to get extremely irrate, I have like I said, done it about a million times, and the only thing I have gotten is the hat. I keep farming the dungeon, and I have gotten the hat twice, I keep getting the hat, but the thing I want I don't get, I am not even kidding. I know you have to keep farming it, but this is absolute madness, It's not fair, no one should have to go through so much stress just for some gear, and my friends sometimes get it in 2 runs, and I do it 20 thousand times and get the same hat twice. I am gonna do it a few more times and if I don't get i I am thinking about quitting forever. Can anyone tell me the chances of getting the gear, and I really hope someone with Wizard101 staff sees this, so they can at least consider changing the chances of getting the gear. I doubt I am the only one who has posted of this before. I just don't understand how Kingisle actually think some people have the patients to actually keep farming a super hard dungeon so many times, I really hope you guys come to you senses, and at least make the chance a little higher. I can understand why Luska would be a lesser chance to get, but doing the whole dungeon to get the gear should be like a 99.9 percent. This is ridiculous, please consider changing the chances please.
Thank you, Jack StormSword Level 78
See ya in the spiral if I don't quit the game.
I too wish this instance had better results, at level 60 if you can just complete the instance should net you the gear - not a scant chance of it, keep the drop rate high on the amulets if you want. I think more people would be in higher level worlds if they were able to get the proper gear for it but obviously it's not meant to be.

As a quick fix I crafted the Wintertusk gear for all my other wizards but would much rather have the Waterworks gear. I just can't bring myself to repeat the instance and deal with the disappointment of not getting the gear run after run. I have never had a "team" to repeat it with so help was totally random and most times they left mid way. Runs could take an hour up to once I was stuck in there for 4 hours, how pathetic is that. I think is not fair either - some can get things with little effort while others are left to keep trying or just plain go with out - why?

On my first wizard I ended up doing Zafaria with level 58 gear and I was a solo player. I got 2 hats, 2 boots and not until just before Mirror Lake the robe = 15 runs, that was prior to the drop rate adjustment. For my Death wizard it went much faster but I don't even have a death wizard any more so all that time was a waste.

I think we all need to assess how far we want to go with the game before we wear all the "fun" off it and do quit. The more disappointments you set your self up for the worse the game starts to feel. You end up thinking why bother at all since nothing works out the way you want. No game should be so much work, is what I have concluded.

Mary