Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

voice chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Fellow wizards, i have been having a problem with loving this game and kinda feeling limited with finding other wizards who are on the same quest or almost on the there. Open chat is very limited. Having a world open chat would be amesome, but I don't see that happening. SO...... voice chats (teamspeak, mumble, discord) to name a few. I have been trying to find any Wizard 101 chat rooms to find fellow wizard to team up, quest with, help, and just enjoy talking. Because lets face it.. this game is enjoyable.. but would be nicer with fellow wizards interacting, and speaking. If anyone can post any known wizard voice chats that are open to join, be it dicord, mumble, teamspeak or other known chats. Please post, I'm sure there are ALOT of other wizard who would love to join also.
Thank you,
long live wizard 101

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Rauro2 on Jan 29, 2019 wrote:
Fellow wizards, i have been having a problem with loving this game and kinda feeling limited with finding other wizards who are on the same quest or almost on the there. Open chat is very limited. Having a world open chat would be amesome, but I don't see that happening. SO...... voice chats (teamspeak, mumble, discord) to name a few. I have been trying to find any Wizard 101 chat rooms to find fellow wizard to team up, quest with, help, and just enjoy talking. Because lets face it.. this game is enjoyable.. but would be nicer with fellow wizards interacting, and speaking. If anyone can post any known wizard voice chats that are open to join, be it dicord, mumble, teamspeak or other known chats. Please post, I'm sure there are ALOT of other wizard who would love to join also.
Thank you,
long live wizard 101
Unless something slips through moderation in error, I don't think you're going to get the details you are looking for here.

The limitations of Communication within W101 is a huge subject that comes up repeatedly. Many of us have mixed feelings about it because we recognise the very real need to protect young wizards from anyone who would do them harm, while we also recognise that many older/adult wizards love the game too and would like more freedom in communication.

I think prevention of off site or out of game communication may be a stipulation for the E10 rating. It's definitely something parents of younger children find reassuring and they can trust their children are completely safe when playing W101.

As a result of W101 having such a broad range of players, from very young children right through to (dare I say it?) older adults...there are a lot of sites and groups that have formed for general chat, discussion and even direct chatting. To protect younger players they can't be named or linked here, but adults can search for them and find them elsewhere. That will lead you to the kind of groups you're looking for without KI being directly involved.

I know you probably don't need to hear this but in good conscience I can not leave it out - if you do join unmoderated groups (wizard related or otherwise) please be very very careful how much of yourself you share. Not everyone online is who they say they are and not everyone has good intentions. If that wonderful bestie you met online turns out to be a wolf in sheeps clothing please make sure you have protected yourself enough to be able to block them entirely from your real life in just a few clicks!

Much love, a nagging mum who wants you to have fun but BE SAFE!

Administrator
Due to numerous concerns, we unfortunately will likely never have voice chat enabled. It is entirely up to the community to provide their own support off-site here.