Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unusable cards?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2016
I have three wizards, one of which is a level 97 Ice wizard. The other two vary between level 30 and the ice wiz. I've come across something that bugs me and would like another person's take on it. With my Ice wizard I figured it was a matter of not being in the right school. However this issue has happened with my death wizard and a death school spell.

My ice wizard carries two cards attached to gear that do not become usable during battle. They stay grey no matter how many pips or how much manna I have. They are both other schools and need 10 pips so I'll not get enough non-power pips to use them since a player can only hold 7 non-power pips.

The problem is with my death wizard (level 38, for now) trying to use Call of Khirulhu. I can't get that spell usable no matter how many pips and manna I have. It is a death school spell requiring five pips. Yet, I can't get it useable with five or more single pips or any combination of power pips and singles.

What is the problem?

Peace,
Rowan Greenstaff

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
CelyniaFinn on Feb 11, 2017 wrote:
I have three wizards, one of which is a level 97 Ice wizard. The other two vary between level 30 and the ice wiz. I've come across something that bugs me and would like another person's take on it. With my Ice wizard I figured it was a matter of not being in the right school. However this issue has happened with my death wizard and a death school spell.

My ice wizard carries two cards attached to gear that do not become usable during battle. They stay grey no matter how many pips or how much manna I have. They are both other schools and need 10 pips so I'll not get enough non-power pips to use them since a player can only hold 7 non-power pips.

The problem is with my death wizard (level 38, for now) trying to use Call of Khirulhu. I can't get that spell usable no matter how many pips and manna I have. It is a death school spell requiring five pips. Yet, I can't get it useable with five or more single pips or any combination of power pips and singles.

What is the problem?

Peace,
Rowan Greenstaff
For your Ice wizard, the item cards won't be usable unless you have a mastery for them. Since you can't use 2 mastery amulets at the same time, you can choose one or the other and buy the mastery that allows you to use those school spells. If you don't want to do that, open your deck and click on each of those 2 cards. It will X them out and they won't appear in your hand.

Your Death wizard is not high enough in level to use the Call of Khurulhu. That is a Shadow Pip spell. If you look to the right of the 5 at the top of the card, you will see a 1 I think that is sort of black with a bit of blue tint.