Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

total zone prices spent with crowns

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 27, 2015
Disclaimer: this is for those who buy gift cards and use it for crowns instead of membership

So i decided to do some math to see how much i have to spend to unlock all the zones i also used the games site of course to figure out how much i have to spend

zone area pricing: https://www.wizard101.com/game/area-pricing

areas crowns

wizard city: 3,750
krokotopia: 11,895
wysteria: 3,000
marleybone:12,000
grizzleheim: 19,950
mooshu: 10,800
dragonspyre:10,800
celestia: 10,170
zafaria: 10,170
avalon: 10,170
azteca: 11,970
krysalis 11,970
polaris: 9,975
mirage: 11,970

there is also the 4 dungeons which you can read in the link above but those are a total of 8,980 crowns
but i won't add it to the total amount since they're just dungeons.

The total amount is 148,590 crowns

so if I were to buy only $20 gift cards i'd have to buy 15 which would get me 150,000 crowns so thats $300 total.
And of course you can go for membership but this is just for those who buy zones with crowns.

note: I use a macbook so sadly i can't watch ads to get crowns but i can try to post another topic on how many days it would take to unlock all the zones only using the trivia to earn crowns or i could be lazy and not post it.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
This is a really helpful post because I've been thinking about possibly buying zones instead of paying for membership.

But 300 dollars? I understand you use wizard101 gift cards but you can save money. There seems to always be a sale on the 60,000 crowns package. $60 dollars for 60,000 crowns. If you need 150,000 to buy all the zones, buy two $60 dollars bundles (120,000 crowns) and in order to achieve the 150,000 it would just be cheaper to buy another 60 dollar bundle rather than a 50 dollar (30,000 crowns) and a 25 dollar (13,750).

So if you buy 3 $60 dollar bundles, you will get 180,000 crowns for $180. Buying a bunch of gift cards to achieve 150,000 crowns would be wasting money. If gift cards are the only way you can pay for crowns, I would suggest purchasing a Visa gift card and buying crowns directly from KingsIsle.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2015
that is true thank you i really appreciate this reply since i haven't considered the online purchases until now i won't edit it but thank you

Survivor
Aug 04, 2017
Even after the so discounts you could make with the payment system, it's an interesting sight. That doesn't change how you should instead purchase membership rather than paying somewhere up to that amount. Lifetime of these "zones" wouldn't sit right with me, seeing as though you're bound to either max out your stock of wizards or get bored of the game (though the latter is more likely).

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
dutyproton on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:
Even after the so discounts you could make with the payment system, it's an interesting sight. That doesn't change how you should instead purchase membership rather than paying somewhere up to that amount. Lifetime of these "zones" wouldn't sit right with me, seeing as though you're bound to either max out your stock of wizards or get bored of the game (though the latter is more likely).
For someone like me who plays sporadically or who doesn't always know when the urge to play will come or when boredom will set in, and who has zero interest in pvp, buying zones with the 60k for $60 crowns deals is totally worth it. Even with a 1 month membership I might get bored halfway through and then feel like I wasted money. With crowns you can take your time and even replay the game slowly on new characters (which I enjoy doing).

Like 3 years of membership for 1 account would cost $180. I haven't unlocked all areas yet, but have been playing for 6 years with that same amount of money spent on crowns. So it's just a matter of how you play.

But yeah, definitely don't purchase all zones with gift cards.